Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RMJ_12

2013 ADP Steals

27 posts in this topic

I realize there are already a few threads that resemble this one but I wanted to wait until closer to the season to start talking about ADP's and who will be a steal based on where you can draft them.

Here are a few guys I like at their current ADP:

Aaron Rodgers 2.08

Drew Brees 3.01

Darren McFadden 3.07 (i know, i know)

Roddy White 3.11

Victor Cruz 4.03

Jordy Nelson 4.09

Eric Decker 6.04

RGIII 7.04

Andrew Luck 7.06

Cecil Shorts 7.11

Miles Austin 8.03

Josh Gordon 8.11

Eli Manning 9.07

Vincent Brown 10.03

Justin Blackmon 10.10

Jordan Cameron 13.11

Ryan Tannehill 14.05

Cleveland D/ST 14.06

Vincent Jackson 4.03

Danario Alexander 7.06

Michael Floyd 11.04

Pierre Thomas 11.06 (I'm still hoping they give him a bigger role rather than splitting carries with Ingram)

Dwayne Bowe 4.08

I'm loving Dwayne Bowe this year. Andy Reid, an upgrade at QB, and a passing game that will go through him, I'm all over it.

Dwayne Bowe 4.08

I'm loving Dwayne Bowe this year. Andy Reid, an upgrade at QB, and a passing game that will go through him, I'm all over it.

Doug Pederson at OC, watch out. lol

Graham 2.08

Brees 3.01

White 3.11

A. Brown 6.02

M. Williams 9.02

P. Thomas 11.06

I realize there are already a few threads that resemble this one but I wanted to wait until closer to the season to start talking about ADP's and who will be a steal based on where you can draft them.

Aaron Rodgers 2.08

Drew Brees 3.01

Roddy White 3.11

Victor Cruz 4.03

Jordy Nelson 4.09

Eric Decker 6.04

RGIII 7.04

Andrew Luck 7.06

Cecil Shorts 7.11

Miles Austin 8.03

Josh Gordon 8.11

Eli Manning 9.07

Vincent Brown 10.03

Justin Blackmon 10.10

Jordan Cameron 13.11

Ryan Tannehill 14.05

Cleveland D/ST 14.06

Agree on Cruz and possibly Shorts........that's about it.

Aaron Rodgers 2.08

Drew Brees 3.01

Roddy White 3.11

Victor Cruz 4.03

Jordy Nelson 4.09

Eric Decker 6.04

RGIII 7.04

Andrew Luck 7.06

Cecil Shorts 7.11

Miles Austin 8.03

Josh Gordon 8.11

Eli Manning 9.07

Vincent Brown 10.03

Justin Blackmon 10.10

Jordan Cameron 13.11

Ryan Tannehill 14.05

Cleveland D/ST 14.06

I'm definitely on board with Nelson, Decker, Miles, and Blackmon at those ADPs. These guys, as well as many others (such as Antonio Brown and Mike Williams--also mentioned in this thread), are why you shouldn't be using up a pick in the first two rounds on a WR. There is tons of quality at the position all the way through the draft.

Unlike most of the RBs going even rounds before some of the aforementioned names, these guys aren't lottery tickets. They've all shown the capability to produce in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers 2.08

Drew Brees 3.01

Roddy White 3.11

Victor Cruz 4.03

Jordy Nelson 4.09

Eric Decker 6.04

RGIII 7.04

Andrew Luck 7.06

Cecil Shorts 7.11

Miles Austin 8.03

Josh Gordon 8.11

Eli Manning 9.07

Vincent Brown 10.03

Justin Blackmon 10.10

Jordan Cameron 13.11

Ryan Tannehill 14.05

Cleveland D/ST 14.06

I'm definitely on board with Nelson, Decker, Miles, and Blackmon at those ADPs. These guys, as well as many others (such as Antonio Brown and Mike Williams--also mentioned in this thread), are why you shouldn't be using up a pick in the first two rounds on a WR. There is tons of quality at the position all the way through the draft.

Unlike most of the RBs going even rounds before some of the aforementioned names, these guys aren't lottery tickets. They've all shown the capability to produce in the NFL.

also why I think its well worth it to take Rodgers and Brees this year with their lower than normal adp's even with the QB depth this year

I think these threads actually tend to make more sense for each site's specific rankings. ADP's can vary from site to site, a player that's an ADP steal on say, Yahoo!, might be overranked on ESPN.

You really have to know who's an ADP steal for the site you'll be drafting on, otherwise it doesn't really help.

I think a specific thread for each of the main sites (at the very least, Yahoo! and ESPN) would keep the discussions very on-point.

It's one of the reasons I actually try to avoid referencing the ADP's at FFCalculator - you're only drafting your final team on one site. Knowing the rankings for other sites really does nothing to help your draft for a specific site.

1 person likes this

Just a few off the top of my head w/out doing any research (have done a few mocks):

Ahmad Bradshaw

Jason Witten

Dwayne Bowe

Greg Jennings

Matthew Stafford

Tony Romo

Larry Fitzgerald

Michael Floyd

Josh Gordon

DeMarco Murray

Hakeem Nicks

Vernon Davis

I like Torrey Smith as a adp bargain. I love his chances to crush his personal best's in receptions and yards. 80 1200 10.

1 person likes this

Hmm Torrey Smith I was thinking of drafting him but will he expand his route tree now that hes the main guy. I feel like the past 2 years hes been mainly a deep threat or a guy who sorta got lucky with some long catches. If hes capable of expanding his routes then I would gladly want him but does anyone know if he will?

I like Torrey Smith as a adp bargain.

Agree. He hasn't been mentioned much but I feel like he has plenty of value at his ADP.

Greg Jennings is good value at his ADP... he's the clear # 1 on the vikings and is a talented receiver. People are overlooking him. I also like Ivory and Reggie Bush where they're going

I don't like Torrey Smith as much when he's getting double-teamed every game all-game.

Pitta is going to be leaned on heavily in that passing game... would be SHOCKED if he didn't lead the team in rec and rec yds

Pitta is going to be leaned on heavily in that passing game... would be SHOCKED if he didn't lead the team in rec and rec yds

Shocked? Honestly? Just for reference, ESPN is projecting Smith to produce 302 more receiving yards than Pitta.

Shocked? Honestly? Just for reference, ESPN is projecting Smith to produce 302 more receiving yards than Pitta.

Flacco loves Pitta. No Boldin to take double teams off smith. I like Torrey, but i'm not sold on him yet as a full route tree runner. Jacoby Jones will help out, sure but I still think Pitta is the person to own. Just my opinion. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong...

Flacco loves Pitta. No Boldin to take double teams off smith. I like Torrey, but i'm not sold on him yet as a full route tree runner. Jacoby Jones will help out, sure but I still think Pitta is the person to own. Just my opinion. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong...

That's fine, but would you honestly be shocked if Pitta didn't lead the team in both receptions and yards? Because the odds are very strong against that happening. You were being hyperbolic, right?

He'll lead the Ravens in REC maybe not receiving yards... that was me being facetious

Why is it that we assume that Smith is the one who will get the double coverage, not Pitta? Smith essentially just runs down the field with his hand up. On the other hand, why do we expect Pitta to pick up Boldin's slack? Why wouldn't it make sense for Jacoby Jones to slide right into the middle of the field? Jones was the real MVP of the superbowl if you ask me. Flacco didn't make that throw, Jones went and got it, and then proceeded to jump up and cross the stripe. Jones showed us his explosiveness in the return game, how quick and agile he is. Why can't Flacco dump it off to him and let Jones make plays with his feet? Now that the Ravens have Pierce and Rice, who's to say that the new OC doesn't continue to run the ball 30+ times like they did in the playoffs and superbowl. It was obviously working well. (Let me guess 'Flacco's contract'?) The defense will likely be better this year, leading to less need to throw the ball as a whole. Ed Dickson is still around. Flacco 'loved Pitta' last year too, but it didn't mean much when Pitta went on to have less than 4 points seven times in 15 weeks. And let's be honest, it's not like Boldin left a huge hole in this offense to begin with. Prior to the playoffs, Boldin only managed double digit points 4 times on the year, didn't break 1000 yards and only had 4 TD's.

I'm just not sure I understand the man crush on Pitta. I think there's a chance he finishes top 10 again, but does that make him good? Last year finishing in the top 10 didn't mean a damn thing if you ask me. 3rd place TE averaged 8 points a game while the 15th TE averaged 6 points a game. I see zero value in drafting any TE who doesn't offer top 3 upside this year. Personally I'd rather take my chances streaming the matchups if there's likely to be 5 guys on any given week who can score within 1-2 points of your 6th round draft pick. And looking at the player pool this year, I'd say there's actually more mediocre TE's than there were in '12, which will add depth to the pool of options to stream.

There are a few reasons to be optimistic about Pitta's upside this coming season.

For one Pitta had one of the largest slices of any teams red zone targets, at 30.2%. This equated to 13 targets. Boldin had 9 targets, so I think it's a safe assumption Pitta should maintain his own slice and absorb at least some of Boldin's looks. A double digit touchdown campaign is not unreasonable to hope for.

I haven't been able to find statistics on snaps in the slot but from what I remember Boldin and Pitta seemed to share the middle of the field at times so there's also optimism his general usage rises in that area of the field.

Plus I think it's a good sign that he played well last season against teams that performed poorly against TE's. As a match up play he did what he was supposed to do against teams like the Bronco's.