Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RotoRaysfan

PIT vs. PHI 07/04 Gameday Thread

17 posts in this topic

The one thing you didn't want to see as a Cole owner (Gerrit) - putting runners on in front of Brown, who's getting hot (again). The K vs. Utley, however, good to see.

Anyway, early doors but looking sharp through 2 innings at Pittsburgh.

He always "looks sharp" early

It's a Cole World with his K/BB bby <3

Hopefully it stays the way it is with a low whip

Just holding my breath waiting for the implosion inning to happen.

BOOM

Just holding my breath waiting for the implosion inning to happen.

Ask and you shall receive.

it's funny the phils broadcasters are discussing the very subject of how he cruises and looks Cy Young dominant, and then there's a crazy inning, either b/c of Hamels losing it or his defense simply dismantling in weird ways behind him. This inning is starting to look like one of those. 2 outs, no threats. 2 ground balls finding spots later, and an error, and 2 men on 2nd and 3rd. Now McCutchen lines a ground ball up the middle, 2 runs scored. UNREAL.

Hated his 2 strike pitch to Marte. He had 2 quick outs and 2 strikes on an aggressive hitter. He had just thrown a fastball high and out of the zone as a set-up pitch. Looked like the perfect time for a changeup down and on the outer part of the zone, but nope, he throws a fastball on the inner half of the plate that Marte takes opposite field for a single to start that 2 out rally.

Did Cole look like he was laboring or just so hittable today (8)?

He didn't have as good of location, and he looked gassed in the 6th. Losing Howard with the BB was the key AB, as Brown's single chased him. I didn't have a problem with PIT going to the 'pen, I just wish they didn't throw Mazzaro out there, who's in the process of putting lighter fluid to the fire right now. :blink:

(To elaborate, if Cole can make into the 7th, then we get the awesome part of the PIT 'pen, with guys like Watson setting up the Melancon/Grilli duo - that's why I'm disappointed. In a lot of ways, this was PHI's best chance to score - it's too bad PIT played it more by the book, and brought in a MR, rather than Morris or one of Wilson/Watson, and stretch them to Melancon/Grilli).

Did Cole look like he was laboring or just so hittable today (8)?

He didn't have as good of location, and he looked gassed in the 6th. Losing Howard with the BB was the key AB, as Brown's single chased him. I didn't have a problem with PIT going to the 'pen, I just wish they didn't throw Mazzaro out there, who's in the process of putting lighter fluid to the fire right now. :blink:

(To elaborate, if Cole can make into the 7th, then we get the awesome part of the PIT 'pen, with guys like Watson setting up the Melancon/Grilli duo - that's why I'm disappointed. In a lot of ways, this was PHI's best chance to score - it's too bad PIT played it more by the book, and brought in a MR, rather than Morris or one of Wilson/Watson, and stretch them to Melancon/Grilli).

Thanks. Yea, saw that Cole was only at 78 pitches but if he didn't have it today and I imagine it's hot (for Pittsburgh), then you have to protect him.....Obviously you don't spell lead protection with a Mazzaro......Yikes.