Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aaa1

Derrick Favors 2013-2014 Season Outlook

626 posts in this topic

With Al Jefferson out of Utah, the path is clear for Favors to start at center. What are you expecting out of him if Millsap stays? what about if Millsap leaves?

10rpg and 2bpg are near locks to me.

With Al Jefferson out of Utah, the path is clear for Favors to start at center. What are you expecting out of him if Millsap stays? what about if Millsap leaves?

10rpg and 2bpg are near locks to me.

I agree with this.

3rd round is the latest I'll let Favors drop.

I expect Millsap to stay put but regardless, the door is now open for Favors to start and I expect him to put up huge numbers. Maybe something like 15.3 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 2.3 BPG, possibly just over 1 SPG, with an excellent FG% (am I being too optimistic?). I just hope his FT% sees the same northward bump that it's seen over the past few seasons.

I expect Millsap to stay put but regardless, the door is now open for Favors to start and I expect him to put up huge numbers. Maybe something like 15.3 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 2.3 BPG, possibly just over 1 SPG, with an excellent FG% (am I being too optimistic?). I just hope his FT% sees the same northward bump that it's seen over the past few seasons.

I think that's slightly optimistic, but not far off. Per 36 last year, Favors put up 14.6/11 with 1.3 stl and 2.6 blk. If we assume he gets a full slate of minutes, I think we can expect around 13/10 with the same stl and blk numbers you suggested.

I think that's his baseline though, ignoring any growth in his game. If he improves significantly over the offseason we could be looking at a monster now that the rotation has been cleared up for him.

I just want to thank Al Jefferson for leaving. Favors can use his athleticism and quicks to abuse centers while remaining a defensive force. I hated when Favors had to play PF and defend guys who take him out of the paint and out of his comfort zone.

Milsaps and Jefferson gone?

It was frustrating to roster Favors last year but he's going to be a solid keeper and I only have to give up a 10th rounder or so to keep him.

It was frustrating to roster Favors last year but he's going to be a solid keeper and I only have to give up a 10th rounder or so to keep him.

Wow. Great value as a 10th round keeper. I could easily see people reaching into the 3rd or 4th for him this season.

Im hoping to take Favors at 49. Think he'll be there?

It's obviously very early but I'm going to guess that he'll be gone.

UNLEASH!! Really that early? I'd hope to scoop him in the 5th round and beyond.

Wow. Great value as a 10th round keeper. I could easily see people reaching into the 3rd or 4th for him this season.

Very very excited now, he'll get plenty of PT on what is shaping up to be a horrible jazz team

I took him in the 6th round of a dynasty start-up that drafted at the end of last season. I can't wait to get him into action.

Nightly 15/10 with 2 blocks and a steal? Yes please. His FT% has been trending upwards every single year, too. If he could break into the 70s, which is pretty realistic, that would be phenomenal. I'm pegging him as a 4th round talent, with the 3rd round being a very appropriate reach.

His FT% has been trending upwards every single year, too. If he could break into the 70s, which is pretty realistic, that would be phenomenal.

I've been looking at this as the key to just how valuable he can be. If he breaks 70%, his ceiling in fantasy is pretty ridiculous.

While you guys sleep on the more talented Kanter, I'll take him around 5 rounds later. Thanks :)

1 person likes this

While you guys sleep on the more talented Kanter, I'll take him around 5 rounds later. Thanks :)

I'll admit that Kanter is being very underrated right now, but I wouldn't exactly say he's better than Favors. Kanter has the advantage in efficiency and points, while Favors has the advantage in stocks and turnovers.

Go visit the Kanter thread, then come back and tell me again how I'm sleeping on him.

who you guys like more this year Sanders or Favors?

Favors could hit hit 15/12, 2.5 blks 1.5 stls (those are his per 36 numbers last year btw) - that would be better than Larry

I know Sanders is a sure thing but I'm leaning towards Favors - am I wrong?

who you guys like more this year Sanders or Favors?

Favors could hit hit 15/12, 2.5 blks 1.5 stls (those are his per 36 numbers last year btw) - that would be better than Larry

I know Sanders is a sure thing but I'm leaning towards Favors - am I wrong?

Thats a tough question, I'd still go Sanders because he's the more known quantity at this point due to his breakout season last year but I'm expecting big things from Favors especially with both Milsap and Jeff gone.

Can I have them both? probably a guaranteed win in blocks if you have them both, along with strong rebounding support.

Can I have them both? probably a guaranteed win in blocks if you have them both, along with strong rebounding support.

Having those 2 can afford you the luxury of drafting guys like David Lee and Kevin Love.

With folks sitting and sleeping on him for past 2 seasons I think he could actually be overrated going into this season. People are really going to reach for him with the path now cleared. Will be interesting to see how he responds to heavy minutes, and his consistency from game to game. Wouldn't surprise me if he still has bouts with foul trouble, and scores in single digits more often then we like. But with that said, the RPG, BPG, and FG% should be elite where I'm going to take him in the 4th or 5th round if he is still there.

if that's a 12 team league, 4th round can be as early as 37th in ADP I am still thinking ADP 48-60 sounds about right.

But make no mistake that I am all for this kid to tear the league up!

When was his FG% elite? He went from 51.7% as a rookie to 49.9% to 48.3%. I would expect it to drop even more against starter level competition and an increase in shot attempts. He was only per 36 ranked at 94 last year. I don't think he will be that low this year, but should improve only to say 70-80. IMO he will be overrated in most leagues. Of course if he has career highs in FG% and fixes his FT shooting, then I'll happily eat my words. One encouraging sign regarding his FT% is that he has improved it markedly each year. Good to see that since he was being compared to DHoward.

Haven't watched him play like at all. Do you guys know why his FG% is low for a big man?

Haven't watched him play like at all. Do you guys know why his FG% is low for a big man?

Favors struggled on post up attempts, going 68-125 (41.2%). He was also surprisingly bad as the PnR man too, going 28-66 (42.4%)/ Even his percentage on offensive rebounds was nothing special, 58-110 (52.7%). Compare that to 66-104 (63.5%) off cuts, and it's pretty clear that Favors is much better being fed than creating for himself.

I think Kanter is going to handle more of the post offense, leaving Favors to do damage on putbacks and on the weakside. As someone who plans on owning Favors next year, that's exactly what I want.

I'm a big Favors fan, but Im afraid the hype train might get out of control as the season gets closer. I'm gonna be really sad if the hype moves him out of my price range.

I am on the hype train, if you guys want to call it that. With increased minutes I see him putting up Larry Sanders numbers (10/10/2.5) + slightly more steals + more scoring. For a frame of reference these numbers put Larry at #29 (3rd round value) in 9 cats last year. Favors put up 9/7/1.7 in only 23 minutes!

Also another similarity to Larry, it might take a month or two for Favors to negotiate foul trouble with his increased playing time, so his early season numbers might take a hit. That will be the time to buy low from an impatient owner. He is a 22 year old former #3 overall pick. He can only learn and grow now that consistent playing time is finally coming his way.

Maybe in public leagues against dumb people but no way would Favors last until the 5th or 6th round in skilled and knowledgable leagues. Favors will easily put up 2nd-3rd round value.