Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

y2jbones

Steve Cishek 2013 Outlook

11 posts in this topic

Cishek has quietly been one of the most valuable relievers over the last couple of weeks. The Marlins have been winning and Cishek has been nailing down saves and picking up the occasional win.

2 people like this

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, July 5, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

There's a closers thread for this purpose...

I started this as a player thread because he didn't have one.

I started this as a player thread because he didn't have one.

and neither do pretty much every other closer...that's why we have the Closers Thread here, all closer and potential closer posts are shared there

There are other threads for individual closers, and I think that's okay, but this type of info generally would be the type of news we would generally see in the closers thread. Although, I think the primary function of the closers thread is to track possible role changes for certain bullpen pitchers. For example, travking if a closer seems to be close to losing his job, or if a setup guy looks like he's ready to steal the closer role.

Wow, you guys are tough. No need to be so hard on this guy.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, July 13, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Haha, how exactly was I being hard?

I gave a 1 sentence response that was as matter of fact as possible in the english language:

"There is a closers thread for this purpose"

I just figured that's where I always go to check on closer information, and I assume it's the same for most users of this thread, so it'd be useful to discuss it over there.

And he was correct, I too just noticed this morning how useful Chisek has been over the past few weeks. It was a good comment, I was just suggesting it be posted over there for everyone's sake.

I'm not being hard on him. I said I thought it was fine to have individual threads for closers. Then I just stated what I believed the primary function of the closers thread was.

This guy has been a straight stud for 3 weeks now. Love having him on my team.

Past month stats: 12.1 Inning 0ER 12 Saves 13K's .41 Whip.

Just checked, ZERO earned runs now. I was more interested in this Yahoo blurb:

CBS Sports' Danny Knobler reports that the Marlins are telling teams Steve Cishek is unavailable.

Advice: Miami is also unwilling to part with left-handed reliever Mike Dunn, according to Knobler's sources. Cishek is under team control through 2017 and the Fish probably plan to contend while he's in the fold. Dunn can't hit the free agent market until after the 2016 season.

More: Danny Knobler on Twitter