Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strahanfan92

Josh Phegley 2013 Outlook

38 posts in this topic

From CBS:

by Jack Moore | CBSSports.com

(12:13 pm ET) The White Sox have called up prospect catcher Josh Phegley from Triple-A Charlotte, MLB.com reports.

Phegley, 25, was generally listed outside the top 10 prospects in a weak White Sox farm system prior to the season but has broken out at Carlotte. In 61 games, Phegley owns a .316/.368/.597 with 15 home runs and 18 doubles in 61 games. With Tyler Flowers scuffling this season, with just a .632 OPS, so the door could be open for some major playing time for Phegley.

His hot streak couldn't have been timed any more… PerPhegley.

1 person likes this

Sitting out. Way to reward the kid for having a nice debut.

I really don't understand the Sox. They gave Flowers his shot. We've seen what he can do now with 540 PAs. He's terrible. He's basically another John Buck. The Sox are in rebuilding mode. Let's see what the young kids can do.

First MLB jack off Price. He just missed one the at-bat before.

With HR power and a decent glove, all he really needs to do to be an improvement over Flowers is bat higher than .200.

1 person likes this

I grabbed him today. I am in a full dynasty league rebuild mode, and it is so hard to find good hitting catchers.

First MLB jack off Price. He just missed one the at-bat before.

He did WHAT to Price?

6 people like this

Based on the CBS report, I picked him up prior to his debut . Like the prior poster said,

hitting catchers are hard to find, they don't grow on trees.Hit his 2nd homer last night .

He's hit in all 3 of his starts. Tyler Flowers, the manager wants to see you in the office :(

Does this guy outperform Yan Gomes ROS? Gomes has that nice 1B/3B/C eligibility in Yahoo, they both are in platoons, yet it appears this guy may have more upside with the bat.

To early to tell, but I like what I see so far,He does seem to be dialed in already.

Looks like his manager is throwing him right back in the line-up today against Verlander. Good confidence builder to string back-to-backs for a call-up catcher too.

what happened to Tyler Flowers? They're pretty similar players. Surprising

what happened to Tyler Flowers? They're pretty similar players. Surprising

That's not exactly fair to Phegley. We don't know what type of player he is yet, but having watched him for three games now he looks a lot better than Flowers.

1 person likes this

wow, just when I started thinking he was fading already, hope

he keeps it up .........................

Why did he have no power in the minors before this year? Is he Jose Bautista"ing" it?

He had a blood platelet problem for awhile. Had to have surgery.

I am the unfortunate one who sat this beast for another beast named Wilson Ramos who takes a seat for Suzuki. Why both of these dudes aren't out there every day is amazing. Both Ramos and Phegley should be everyday guys.

Why did he have no power in the minors before this year? Is he Jose Bautista"ing" it?

Ahh he must have had Dr. James Andrews surgically implant skill into his body.

Ahh he must have had Dr. James Andrews surgically implant skill into his body.

No all joking aside this guy is having an awesome year.

One thing you have to realize about professional athletes is, every single one even the absolute worst athlete are absolute studs. Think about the best player you ever played with and how much admiration you had for that player when they were on your team. Chances are even the worst player in the minors is probably head and shoulders above that guy.

Sometimes it's just a matter of it "clicking" that takes them from being at an elite level (compared to everyone else) to an elite level among elite players.