Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2445ricardo

Juan Uribe 2013 Outlook

16 posts in this topic

He finally deserves his own thread. He's been nothing short of clutch as of late.

I apologize for all the times I called you Juan Boo-ribe.

Swinging the bat a lot better than in the last couple years, finally laying off the low-and-away breaking ball. Hopefully he can redeem himself a little bit in the last year of this stupid contract.

7 RBI?!?! I think that's more than he had all of last year.

A single away from hitting for the cycle, and he has at least 1 more AB left in this game. Good to see the big guy hitting well, I will be hoping he can complete the cycle.

7 RBI?!?! I think that's more than he had all of last year.

While hitting 8th...

I just picked up Uribe. Hopefully his contract year motivation makes him perform this year. He did well with the Giants on Contract year, but he is now 34 years old.... Let's see if he holds up. What do others think? Is he for real this year?

I just picked up Uribe. Hopefully his contract year motivation makes him perform this year. He did well with the Giants on Contract year, but he is now 34 years old.... Let's see if he holds up. What do others think? Is he for real this year?

If you mean by "for real" that he will be able to keep up his pace for the season, yes I think he will.

I think it is important to keep in mind that he isn't on pace for much:

44R, 10HR, 51RBI, .280BA

I think he will see more AB in the 2nd half, which will kick his counting numbers up a bit, but cause his BA to drop. Something like this is what I would not be surprised to see:

50R, 13HR, 58RBI, .268BA

The guy in my three week head to head finals had him in the lineup due to injuries. 2.5k on the line.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

The guy in my three week head to head finals had him in the lineup due to injuries. 2.5k on the line.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

i would be so pissed if i was facing Uribe and he hit 3 homers the first day of a playoff matchup.

Side note: I'm a big fan of H2H but no way would i put 2.5K on the line in H2H