Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proteus

DBs who Return Kicks and Punts

14 posts in this topic

If an IDP league also uses return yards obviously there is a nuance in drafting strategy here that should not be ignored.

What DBs can we count on to return punts and kicks?

There's slim pickings here. Here's a few names off the top of my head:

• Leodis McKelvin
  • Adam Jones
  • Javier Arenas
  • Brandon Boykin
  • Devon McCourty

There are also some guys like Antonio Cromartie, Patrick Robinson, Danieal Manning, and Brandon Browner who got return stats last season (but these were rare and insignificant). With the above list, only McCourty is really worth owning. So it's actually something that I would say you can safely ignore. I'd much rather find a WR or RB who returns.

Thanks! I don't know why I thought there'd be more. Much appreciated!

No problem. Also, I didn't mention the obvious - Patrick Peterson, but he's likely to be picker WAY too early in most drafts.

They traded for Javier Arenas and drafted Honey Badger, gonna be interesting to see how things shakeout there.

There's slim pickings here. Here's a few names off the top of my head:

• Leodis McKelvin
  • Adam Jones
  • Javier Arenas
  • Brandon Boykin
  • Devon McCourty

There are also some guys like Antonio Cromartie, Patrick Robinson, Danieal Manning, and Brandon Browner who got return stats last season (but these were rare and insignificant). With the above list, only McCourty is really worth owning. So it's actually something that I would say you can safely ignore. I'd much rather find a WR or RB who returns.

Leon Washington should take all of Devon McCourty's return yards this season, which knocks him out of being the #1 overall DB in my league.

Ladarius Webb is on the mend. What are the chances he's dropping deep for returns again?

I see where Leon Washington was dropped from New England. I wonder if McCourty will still do punt returns? I don't think he was doing any in preseason, but maybe that was to be on the safe side.

With Leon Washington gone....is Mcourty returning kicks only?

Any insight?

I should have said kickoff returns, not punts - regarding McCourty. I checked the NE website today and they still have McCourty listed as the #1KR. Not sure if it's been updated yet though.

this guy keeps a pretty decent list, but it's hard to get everything to line up on these guys.

usually you don't see many guys start on d and return on top of that.

mccourty was one last year, but I have to wonder if his return role will be turned over to other players this year.