Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanadianSportsJunkie

Clarkson 2013-2014 Outlook

6 posts in this topic

Leaf fan here and I believe he is in for a big year. Doesn't have to score 30 goals to be effective! I will be drafting him a bit late in fantasy world maybe 6-7 round?

I think the Leafs overpaid for him in my opinion. Never topped 50 points in a year. Yeah maybe he brings more in the physical department, but I've seen his playoff scoring disappear at times. Just my view on it.

Sort of on the fence. I think it is alot of money for a player that can't create much on his own.

However I love his style and think he fits in well with any team but I am not sure I will be drafting him . There are better more consistent options for fantasy purposes I think.

I would stay away. The pressure will be on him playing in front of his friends and family, answering to the media, and trying to live up to his contract. The NJ Devils put him in a terrific position, often putting him right in the slot on the 1st PP Unit. He excelled at the Devils forechecking style and cycling down low. He used his body and reach to protect the puck well. What situation will he be put in for Toronto? Who will be his linemates? Will his style mesh? I wouldn't want to rely on him to be more than a 3rd RW on a fantasy team.

Leaf fan here and I believe he is in for a big year. Doesn't have to score 30 goals to be effective! I will be drafting him a bit late in fantasy world maybe 6-7 round?

The problem with Leaf fans is you all think your players are going to be amazing. Then you get all bent out of shape when they turn out to be average players. Clarkson was overpaid tremendously, simple as that.

^^^^ haha Leafs down! Lupul did great for me and JVR was a nice addition. I don't care to much for Clarkson when it comes to fantasy. Hated him as a Devil (NYR fan!), still won't draft him....