Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

el_Mantico

2013 MLB All-Star Selections

70 posts in this topic

Here are the teams:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130706&content_id=52391804&c_id=mlb

American League

Starters

C: Joe Mauer, Twins

1B: Chris Davis, Orioles

2B: Robinson Cano, Yankees

SS: J.J. Hardy, Orioles

3B: Miguel Cabrera, Tigers

OF: Mike Trout, Angels

OF: Adam Jones, Orioles

OF: Jose Bautista, Blue Jays

DH: David Ortiz, Red Sox

Pitchers

RHP: Clay Buchholz *, Red Sox

LHP: Brett Cecil, Blue Jays

RHP: Bartolo Colon @, A's

RHP: Jesse Crain *, White Sox

RHP: Yu Darvish, Rangers

RHP: Felix Hernandez, Mariners

RHP: Hisashi Iwakuma, Mariners

RHP: Justin Masterson, Indians

RHP: Joe Nathan, Rangers

LHP: Glen Perkins @, Twins

RHP: Mariano Rivera, Yankees

LHP: Chris Sale, White Sox

RHP: Max Scherzer, Tigers

RHP: Justin Verlander, Tigers

Reserves

C: Jason Castro, Astros

C: Salvador Perez, Royals

1B: Prince Fielder, Tigers

2B: Jason Kipnis, Indians

2B: Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox

2B: Ben Zobrist, Rays

SS: Jhonny Peralta: Tigers

3B: Manny Machado, Orioles

OF: Nelson Cruz, Rangers

OF: Alex Gordon, Royals

OF: Torii Hunter, Tigers

DH: Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays

National League

Starters

C: Yadier Molina, Cardinals

1B: Joey Votto, Reds

2B: Brandon Phillips, Reds

SS: Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies

3B: David Wright, Mets

OF: Carlos Beltran, Cardinals

OF: Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies

OF: Bryce Harper, Nationals

Pitchers

LHP: Madison Bumgarner, Giants

LHP: Aroldis Chapman, Reds

LHP: Patrick Corbin, D-backs

RHP: Jose Fernandez, Marlins

RHP: Jason Grilli, Pirates

RHP: Matt Harvey, Mets

LHP: Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers

RHP: Craig Kimbrel, Braves

LHP: Cliff Lee, Phillies

LHP: Jeff Locke, Pirates

RHP: Adam Wainwright, Cardinals

LHP: Travis Wood, Cubs

RHP: Jordan Zimmermann, Nationals

Reserves

C: Buster Posey, Giants

1B: Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs

1B: Allen Craig, Cardinals

2B: Matt Carpenter, Cardinals

2B: Marco Scutaro, Giants

SS: Everth Cabrera, Padres

SS: Jean Segura, Brewers

3B: Pedro Alvarez, Pirates

OF: Domonic Brown, Phillies

OF: Michael Cuddyer, Rockies

OF: Carlos Gomez, Brewers

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Pirates

NOTES

* Chosen on Player Ballot, injured

@ Injury replacement

Great news for Longo/Beltre owners. Now they can rest their injuries and come back strong in the 2nd half.

Most shocking include here has got to be Torii Hunter. Guess that's the benefit of your manager picking the team. Josh Donaldson got ripped off there.

Also a little surprised Sal Perez made it over Carlos Santana

1 person likes this

Just posted this basically in the Josh Donaldson thread. My official first snubbed guy btw.

But this part was about the last player to be voted in poll for both leagues. Sorry to repeat but who is gonna read the Donaldson thread compared to this one.

Five relief pitchers, AL? Really? That's the manager's job. You put up 5 names to get even the most casual fan excited because no one but hard core and homers for a team will vote in the relief pitchers poll. Heck I'm a Red Sox fan and like Ueharra plenty but I can't be bothered to vote in a stupid relief pitchers poll.

Meanwhile the National League put up 5 names that will cause people to rush to vote including you-know-who. Way to screw it up, American League.

In other news, as a fan of an AL team who has a chance to make it to the World Series this year I doubt that my team or any AL team that gets there will have home field advantage. NL looks stacked this year. Even the players in their last player poll all deserve to be there but ... let Puigmania ensue! This all star game is all about the National League this season. (Maybe the AL wins the HR Derby but that is it ... whoopee not).

Zobrist making it instead of Josh Donaldson is pretty bad. But it's the All-Star game, it's almost impossible for me to care at all about it.

But I actually like it when guys on my fantasy squads don't make the ASG. I'd rather have them rest than spend three days doing all of the All-Star festivities. Recharge the batteries for the second half.

In other news, as a fan of an AL team who has a chance to make it to the World Series this year I doubt that my team or any AL team that gets there will have home field advantage. NL looks stacked this year. Even the players in their last player poll all deserve to be there but ... let Puigmania ensue! This all star game is all about the National League this season.

The AL starting 8 is plenty good enough to win the game.

Echoing what others have said, Donaldson has to be one of the biggest snubs. He even hit another dinger today. Zobrist? Really?

Good to see the young guys on there like Corbin, Fernandez, and Locke. Well deserved.

Anyway, it'll be fun to see Harvey vs. Scherzer, assuming those are the starters, and they should be.

My only hope is that the AL wins by three runs or less, not for home field advantage or anything, but I would love to see Mariano Rivera get the save in his final ASG.

1 person likes this

I would have taken any of these guys as an AL OF reserve over Hunter without a second thought. And that doesnt even count guys at other positions who deserved it over him. Oh well, Leyland can do what he wants to, since he's the boss here.

Jacoby Ellsbury

Mark Trumbo

Alex Rios

Raul Ibanez

Nick Markakis

Nate McLouth

Coco Crisp

Daniel Nava

In other news, as a fan of an AL team who has a chance to make it to the World Series this year I doubt that my team or any AL team that gets there will have home field advantage. NL looks stacked this year. Even the players in their last player poll all deserve to be there but ... let Puigmania ensue! This all star game is all about the National League this season.

The AL starting 8 is plenty good enough to win the game.

But it's the all star game and the starting eight won't be the finishing eight and the finsihing eight look pretty bad by comparison. How does a DP combo of Peralta and Zobrist grab you with Torri Hunter "racing' around the outfield to back up a struggling all season Verlander. Hmmm, 3 of those 4 guys are Tigers. Probably just a coincidence, right.

Leyland was terrible in his picks. To skip not only Donaldson but Longo and Beltre (who has been wicked hot lately) is silly.

Meanwhile the National League acknowledged that there are players who entered the league in the last few year who are deserving. Machado is the only player like that on the AL squad outside the "officially needed" Houston represenative, Castro.

Also note the NL has a late innings base stealer in Everth Cabrera. (And maybe Puig if the mania hopefully floods the last player poll). The AL reserves are basically flat-footed creatures. Even Zobrist hasn't been stealing this season. If not Ells then someone with speed like McLouth would have been way better for an extra OF then Torii Hunter. Better for OF defense as well.

With Pedro on there, does that mean he gets the Home Run Derby? I would LOVE to see Pedro his some long bombs.

This thread really makes me wanna pop the show into the ps3 and I don't know why

1 person likes this

I am another NL team fan but AL is stacked with hitters and pitchers. Trout/Chris Davis/Cabrera/Cano/Ortiz/Bautista -> thats like a HR in every inning for AL lol

Matt harvey really needs to be at the top of his game.....

With Pedro on there, does that mean he gets the Home Run Derby? I would LOVE to see Pedro his some long bombs.

Do they have to be on the squad to be in the HR Derby? If so there goes my dream of Trumbo getting a chance.

I am another AL team fan but NL is stacked with hitters and pitchers. Trout/Chris Davis/Cabrera/Cano/Ortiz/Bautista -> thats like a HR in every inning for NL lol

Matt harvey really needs to be at the top of his game.....

That's just it. The NL will throw Harvey and Kershaw at the AL starters which helps neutralize the starting power leaving it to the two benches later in the game. Enter Puig and the rest is history. If the Tigers make it to the WS this year they will have only their stone age manager and his loopy selections to blame for not having home field advantage.
1 person likes this

Great we got D wright in it and Harvey starting the game and winning nl cy young after that. im lovin it

Scutaro making it is a JOKE

hes been really solid this year?

Scutaro making it is a JOKE

hes been really solid this year?

2 HRs and 18 RBIs.... so solid

1 person likes this

Dont forget Puig is on the final ballot Lets make it happen rotoworld. vote early and often till july 11

1 person likes this

The only positions NL has an edge over AL is C and SS and thats ALL! The starters for NL are OLD and/or HAS BEENs and/or PAST THEIR PRIME ............ this will be a mauling, WTF did ppl vote for ???!!

Scutaro is a joke, Aaron Hill in like 5 games has better numbers.

Biggest snub is not Donaldson, its Longoria, how does Leyland take 4 2B (Cano, Pedroia, Zobrist, Kipnis) over a 3rd 3B, considering each team needed a rep, I think Longo over Zobrist would have been a no brainer

as to the final 5 vote, what a joke AL squad, I wont ever even bother, but I have voted 8 times for Puig already, and its too much effort to simply mouse over some middle reliever scrub, yet I still wont