Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Taking Advantage Of Yahoo! Rankings (2013 Edition)

98 posts in this topic

Seen there was a thread on taking advantage of ESPN rankings, but couldn't find one for Yahoo!. I haven't even looked at the Yahoo rankings yet, but I'll take a look and give my input tomorrow.

1 person likes this

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fantasy-football-rankings--13--top-200-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley

48. D Wilson

51. Reggie Bush

63. Sproles

64. Gronk

71. Ivory

80. Vernon Davis

97. Vereen

Tom Brady and Matt Ryan-7th and 8th best ranked QB

89. T.Y. Hilton

112. Ben Tate

116. Emmanuel Sanders

138. Michael Floyd

144. Danny Woodhead

165. LaMichael James

169. Joseph Randle

188. Ryan Broyles

(I also feel there is extreme value where Nicks(49)/Amendola(50)/Garcon(66)/Gio Bernard(103) are placed as well)

If you're a fan of the running back heavy approach, then you could potentially get a stud like Jamaal Charles or CJ Spiller at #7 and then T-Rich at #14.

T-Rich is ranked #14 there, which also makes picking Mega in the first round all the more viable.

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo....-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley

48. D Wilson

51. Reggie Bush

63. Sproles

64. Gronk

71. Ivory

97. Vereen

In almost every mock I've done on Yahoo I've seen all these guys available much later than I would ever have guessed which brings me to drafting a Tier 1 RB in the 1st and then going some combo of WR/WR/TE or WR/WR/RB/TE (Gronk) in the next few rounds and then filling out another RB/2RBs at that point.

I've also seen SJax fall into mid-late 2nd/early 3rd.

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo....-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley

48. D Wilson

51. Reggie Bush

63. Sproles

64. Gronk

71. Ivory

97. Vereen

In almost every mock I've done on Yahoo I've seen all these guys available much later than I would ever have guessed which brings me to drafting a Tier 1 RB in the 1st and then going some combo of WR/WR/TE or WR/WR/RB/TE (Gronk) in the next few rounds and then filling out another RB/2RBs at that point.

In roughly a month's time these rankings will likely change.

2 people like this

27. Ridley

48. D Wilson

51. Reggie Bush

63. Sproles

64. Gronk

71. Ivory

97. Vereen

In roughly a month's time these rankings will likely change.

Obviously, but I'm sure quite a few people are drafting between now and then.

Kenny Britt is 100th I believe...that's good value.

Eh. He's DND for me. I know he has his supporters but I don't want anything to do with him. Britt is probably the most polarizing active NFL player this side of Tebow. He's truly "love him or hate him".

Kenny Britt is 100th I believe...that's good value.

Eh. He's DND for me. I know he has his supporters but I don't want anything to do with him. Britt is probably the most polarizing active NFL player this side of Tebow. He's truly "love him or hate him".

Every time I've owned him he's burned me. Every, single, time.

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

2 people like this

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

Blackmon and Gordon each carry a certain amount of risk with them as well. Aren't they both suspended for the beginning of this season? With Gordon already on notice for 1 more uck up and a 1 year suspension? It would seem to me that the off the field issues are about even with all 3. If preseason shows Britt as healthy, I think he carries significantly less risk than Gordon or Blackmon.

Blackmon and Gordon each carry a certain amount of risk with them as well. Aren't they both suspended for the beginning of this season? With Gordon already on notice for 1 more uck up and a 1 year suspension? It would seem to me that the off the field issues are about even with all 3. If preseason shows Britt as healthy, I think he carries significantly less risk than Gordon or Blackmon.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

2 people like this

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Because sarcasm is so easy to discern through simple text. Gotcha!

Actually it wasn't full blown sarcasm. I compared Britt to those other guys because they're all 'troubled', yet Briit's trouble is double trouble because he is a jerk AND gets injured often but he's being drafted earlier than those other guys.

They all have talent. They all play with useless QBs. They all have had their share of trouble. But Britt's risk stands out due to his amplified injury concerns. And yes, I realize Blackmon is having health issues but Britt, over his four years, has averaged about five missed games per year.

I honestly feel that Britt (ADP 91.3) is a bigger risk than either Gordon (94.4) or J-Black (an inexplicable 118.0).

I think a lot of people tend to forget how dominant Britt was at the beginning of the 2011 season. Granted it was only 9 quarters but he had something like 289yds and 3 TD's through those 9 quarters. The breakout was in full swing until the knee injuries crippled him. Of the 3 WR's you listed, I believe Britt is the most talented. You're right, all 3 have very questionable QB's throwing to them but Britt has immense talent. Anyone remember that 3 TD game he had against Philly? I do. If, and I'm acknowledging it is a huge if, Kenny Britt is truly healthy this season, he's going to be well worth the pick in the middle rounds.

http://dictionary.re.../browse/sarcasm

Because sarcasm is so easy to discern through simple text. Gotcha!

Sarcasm and the Internet do not get along, never have.

I liked Josh Gordon a lot this year, but I'm not falling into the Blackmon trap -- you lose him for 5 weeks of the 13-14 week Regular Fantasy Season (his 4 game suspension plus the Jacksonville bye week), that's just too much of the season for me to take a chance on him with such an inconsistent season last year even when he was playing well in the 2nd half. Gordon on the other hand will miss 3 weeks, but that's a lot more reasonable IMO as you'll still get 10-11 weeks of use out of him.

I think a lot of people tend to forget how dominant Britt was at the beginning of the 2011 season. Granted it was only 9 quarters but he had something like 289yds and 3 TD's through those 9 quarters.

In fairness, Blackmon had almost that many yards in one four quarter game last season (Week 11). Anyway, FWIW I honestly consider Blackmon one of the 6 or 7 most talented active WRs. I feel like, talent-wise, there's no comparison between he and Britt. WRs generally don't get drafted #5 overall unless they have tons of raw talent and a prototype build.

I watched my fair share of Blackmon in college (I realize that college is what it is, but still) and he used to just make my jaw drop with his ability. He is a superb athlete and since when do we judge WRs on their first NFL season anyway? I see him making many Pro Bowls.

Also, @RespectMyAuthority the 4 game suspension doesn't even really bother me with J-Black. He's being drafted well into the 100s as a WR4 or even WR5. My point is that, even if he weren't suspended, it's terribly unlikely that you'd even really consider starting him until after four weeks anyway. It's not like anybody is drafting him as a fantasy starter.

Let me ask this, in a dynasty format, how high would you have Blackmon?

If Britt could get his stuff together while healthy he could be a top 10 WR even with Locker, problem is, he's never done that.

I wouldn't call 100th a steal, I'd rather take Mike Williams then but it is a tad lower than other rankings I've seen.

With Britt,Blac,Gordon I also look at their QBs. Locker has accuracy issues. Gabert is French for garbage. Wheeden is idk but looks decent in this bunch.

If Britt could get his stuff together while healthy he could be a top 10 WR even with Locker, problem is, he's never done that.

I wouldn't call 100th a steal, I'd rather take Mike Williams then but it is a tad lower than other rankings I've seen.

After you've already solidified your starting lineup, I think upside has to be the way to go, no matter how risky.

I just don't see Mike Williams (the #3 receiving option behind VJax and Doug Martin I'd imagine) having the same upside as Kenny Britt (the #1 more-or-less receiving option on his team, especially now that Jared Cook is gone).

I don't love Kenny Britt, a lot of issues/risk are inherited by drafting him, but the upside is undeniable. Just like McFadden. Except you can't draft McFadden in the triple-digits.

Bump. It's been a few weeks since this was a thread, and the rankings have changed a little. Did a standard league draft yesterday and got Gronk in the 6th. Anyone else noticing any steals?