Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ToO_BaD

Brandon Lloyd 2013 Season Outlook

42 posts in this topic

So I know this guy isn't the hottest name out there, but he is an experienced vet and a FA. Does he go to the Niners like some speculate? I am a Niners fan and would be excited to get him to line up on the outside with the absence of Crabtree.

It would make sense and be good from a real life tackle football move but for fantasy I'm not sure I'd put a ton of value on him if he ended up in SFO, plus it sounds like he may have significant mellon issues.

I think for a WR5/6 he poses great value. Even though there are reports he wont go back to NE, you cant count out a reunion with Brady. If he signs with SFO it would also be great. When FA started there were reports he would go to BAL too...so there are suitors.

I think he is waiting for the right $$$. The concerns I have are also character related....he wasn't a good fit in NE and as we found it it was due to character issues. The other WR before him also had character issues (Chad Ochocinco)....and we all know what his career is like now....

For a WR 5/6 I'm buying and worth a stash....to me he has WR3 upside upside/bye-week fill in if he lands in the right place.

I find it odd he can't get a job. In what was considered a pretty poor year for him, he still grabbed 74 balls for 911 yards. He isn't a speedster but has shown a great ability at catching 20+ yard passes, making him a solid field stretcher. Someone will take a flier on him and likely be rewarded. Better football move than fantasy, but he bears watching in fantasy too.

Id like him on the Niners, but at this point I doubt he ends up there. Niners usually are pretty deliberate under this coaching staff, when they want someone/interested in someone.

I agree it's extremely weird that he can't find a job.

Carolina...league minimum salary...Cam Newton...WR-starved team...perfect match.

What does this guy do exactly to burn bridges everywhere he goes?

ESPN Boston considers the Patriots more likely to re-sign free agent Deion Branch than free agent Brandon Lloyd.

Although Lloyd has more left in the tank and is a better fit for the X spot in the offense, he rubbed a lot of people inside the locker room the wrong way. The Patriots appear to have almost no interest in bringing him back. They aren't likely to call upon Branch either, unless Michael Jenkins, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce and Julian Edelman all flame out at camp.

It's starting to look like he's a poor man's Randy Moss. Still, you have to believe that some team that has injuries in the pre-season/first few weeks of the season will give him a contract.

What does this guy do exactly to burn bridges everywhere he goes?

ESPN Boston considers the Patriots more likely to re-sign free agent Deion Branch than free agent Brandon Lloyd.

Although Lloyd has more left in the tank and is a better fit for the X spot in the offense, he rubbed a lot of people inside the locker room the wrong way. The Patriots appear to have almost no interest in bringing him back. They aren't likely to call upon Branch either, unless Michael Jenkins, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce and Julian Edelman all flame out at camp.

I think he's just a headcase/ bad locker room guy. It must bepretty bad, because the Pats could really use him. He had almost 200 yards in I think it was week 14.

He's sitting on the wire in my 12 team league with 25 player rosters. I have Stephen Hill on the end on my bench and was thinking of cutting him and seeing what happens with Lloyd, but I've seen nothing. I'm not even sure what team he could step into and make an impact with at this point besides maybe the Chargers.

Just to think, this guy was the #1 fantasy WR in most leagues just a few short years ago.

1 person likes this

It's sad that not even a team like the Jets will call this guy.

Chargers are absolutely desperate for a receiver now. I picked up Lloyd with some hope and I think this might actually happen.

Why would you not take this guy near the end of the draft? You know he's going to get picked up eventually and has WR1 potential

I can't understand why no team is interested in him. SO many teams are desperate at WR with the rash of injuries.

What's getting me nervous about adding him now is that so much of preseason has gone by, if teams were really interested you'd think they'd want him in as early as possible to learn the playbook. If they got him now, at what point would he be ready to contribute?

Maybe he's asking for too much $$$.

The same reason no one wanted T.O. even though he was obviously talented enough to contribute...

Panthers

Jets

Chargers

9ers (maybe less now that they are going to give Baldwin a try)

I guess no to the raiders since 1. Flynn can't throw that far and 2. They probably want to tank for Clowney.

^^ those are some insanely desperate for WR teams. As a panther fan it is not fair to expect playoffs with bradon lafell as you WR2

Panthers

Jets

Chargers

I guess no to the raiders since 1. Flynn can't throw that far and 2. They probably want to tank for Clowney.

^^ those are some insanely desperate for WR teams. As a panther fan it is not fair to expect playoffs with bradon lafell as you WR2

Well Jets just signed whatshisname, so I think they might have already filled their mediocre criteria.

Panthers

Jets

Chargers

Well Jets just signed whatshisname, so I think they might have already filled their mediocre criteria.

who Braylon edwards? he sucks

Panthers

Jets

Chargers

who Braylon edwards? he sucks

Mohamed Massaquoi, Ben Obomanu, and Clyde Gates, along with Santonio, Kerley, Stephen Hill, and Braylon Edwards. A tremendous amount of suckage on that depth chart.

I think at this point there is definitely some other reasons at work as to why he hasnt been able to get a job yet, besides his actual ability.