Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moeron22

2013 MLB Accolades (mid-season and final)

57 posts in this topic

ASB almost here, and we're well past the halfway point. Who are your first half MVP and Cy Young winners? Also, who do you think will win it for the year?

First Half:

AL MVP: Miggy

AL Cy: Scherzer

NL MVP: Cargo

NL Cy: Harvey

2013 Winner predictions

AL Cy: Darvish

NL MVP: Goldschmidt

NL Cy: Harvey

First Half

Al Mvp: Chris Davis

Al Cy Young: King Felix

Nl Mvp:Goldy

NL Cy Young: Matt Harvey

end of season:

Al Mvp: Miguel Cabrera

Al Cy Young:Felix Hernandez

Nl Mvp: Allen Craig

NL Cy Young: Matt Harvey

I got Miggy and Yadier for MVP and Scherzer and Kershaw for Cy Young.

First Half:

AL MVP: DAVIS

AL Cy: Scherzer

NL Cy: KERSHAW

2013 Winner predictions

AL MVP: MIGGY

AL Cy: SCHERZER

NL MVP: Goldschmidt

NL Cy: KERSHAW

I would be amazed if Harvey beat out Kershaw for the Cy Young. Harvey's been solid, but Kershaw is in a league of his own. With the exception of a lower K/9 and K/BB, Kershaw has better numbers across the board. Most importantly, he pitches deeper into games, has a lower ERA and lower WHIP, all with a tougher schedule than Harvey.

It's like some greater power wants Matt Harvey to win the Cy Young. He finally has a somewhat tough matchup against the Diamondbacks, and then they sit their best bat (goldschmidt). A couple weeks before that, he has another somewhat tough matchup against the Braves, but they sit every decent player in their lineup to keep them fresh for the second game in the doubleheader.

So yeah, Matt Harvey's great and all, but he seems to consistently get these big breaks which I think should be taken into account when he's being considered for the Cy Young

1 person likes this

1st half

AL MVP: Chris Davis (certainly relative to where drafted)/ Miggy if it's straight production

AL CY: Scherzer

NL CY: Wainwright

NL Hype Cy Young: Matt Harvey

NL Real Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw

I know Harvey's been amazing, but more Ws, better ERA (by about a half a run) and better WHIP. Only guy under a 2.00 ERA last time i checked.

AL MVP: Davis

AL CY: Felix

NL: Kershaw though Wainwright's 14 BB in 140 innings is crazy.

Waino will win if he keeps pitching this way, his stats are unbelievable.

And Kershaw will end up with an ERA under 2 and a whip under 1 if he keeps it up. The Cy is his to lose right now.

And Kershaw will end up with an ERA under 2 and a whip under 1 if he keeps it up. The Cy is his to lose right now.

Hey, no hate for Kershaw as I think he's the #1 pitcher in baseball but Waino has been crazy good, the BB count is insane.

If Clayton Kershaw continues this pace and does not win the Cy Young, I will no longer consider that a real award.

Who is saying Davis over Miggy (1st half) LOL??

Miggy has more runs, more RBI, much higher AVG, less Ks, higher OBP, higher OPS.

Davis has 4 more HRs.

Give me a break.

And Harvey has been great but won't win CY. Already talk of limiting innings.

Hey, no hate for Kershaw as I think he's the #1 pitcher in baseball but Waino has been crazy good, the BB count is insane.

So the #1 pitcher in baseball is not the best pitcher in the NL? Interesting...

Wainwright still has a higher WHIP even with 20 fewer walks. That is how good Kershaw has been. Dude is unhittable.

I meant it as if I could have either one, I'd take Kershaw over Waino, I just think Waino is doing better for now and plays on the better team, which sometimes matters.

I meant it as if I could have either one, I'd take Kershaw over Waino, I just think Waino is doing better for now and plays on the better team, which sometimes matters.

Kershaw has more Ks (in two less innings) Less hits, better ERA Better whip, just four less wins. To me that looks like Kershaw is doing better.

Who is saying Davis over Miggy (1st half) LOL??

Miggy has more runs, more RBI, much higher AVG, less Ks, higher OBP, higher OPS.

Davis has 4 more HRs.

Give me a break.

I didn't but I will. MVP stands for most valuable player. This reward is never given in a stat bubble boy vacuum.

Without Miggy, the Tigers still have good pitching. Without Davis, the O's would be toast. If the O's make the playoffs and Davis contunues at this pace all season (over 60 homers and still over .300 avg) he has more than a legit shot to win it. Over the first half of the season I'd vote for him now too.

If Davis and with him the O's fade, then he drops. But also if the Angels re-awake and make a massive playoff run and suceed, Trout is back in the mix. If the Tigers just flunder around in a weak division all season, Miggy's stock starts to fall. MVP is a weird award since the fortunes of the team are almost always taken into consideration.

AL Cy: Mad Max :D

NL MVP: Tulo

NL CY: Wainwright