Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Z06vette

Danny Salazar 2013 Outlook

427 posts in this topic

The Indians may be trying to showcase him for a possible Garza trade FWIW. I was checking some articles about him on fangraphs and minorleagueball and I'm definitely interested. He has a plus plus fastball that can reach up to 100 MPH, a good change and has 100 Ks in 76 innings in the minors this year. Too bad Yahoo doesn't even have him in the player pool :(

Not convinced of that theory - Salazar is the first home-grown starter of merit to come through that org in many years. Seems that the Indians might like to reap what they've sown for more than 1-2 starts.

Why are we so sure he's only up for one start?

His strikeout rate in the minors suggests somewhat elite upside.

That's what the manager said: Nick Camino@CaminoTribe 41m

Francona said he expects Salazar to simply spot-start for the #Indians on Thursday.

Now things can change, and if Salazar keeps this up, something will change.

Nick Camino@CaminoTribe 5m

Asked on why he will be sent down after this start..."He gives us a chance to win", said General Manager Chris Antonetti. "He is young and has upside, we can't have that around here. We will showcase him today so we can trade him for a proven veteran like Wade Davis or Erik Bedard."

7 people like this

Asked on why he will be sent down after this start..."He gives us a chance to win", said General Manager Chris Antonetti. "He is young and has upside, we can't have that around here. We will showcase him today so we can trade him for a proven veteran like Wade Davis or Erik Bedard."

I Loled.

the quote doesnt even make sense

Definitely has good stuff. Fastball seems to be living up in the zone, which is good and bad. Harder to hit the high 90's fastball up high, but he'll be prone to the HR ball here and there

Changeup is really really good

Looks like he's throwing 2 and 4 seam fastballs. Change-up is nasty. Couldn't get Davis to bite on the slider.

100 strikeouts across 75 AA and AAA innings is very impressive, even if not backed up by any track record like that previously. Add in that he's got power stuff and isn't a deception guy, and I'm very intrigued. If this holds up, I'll likely roster him for the long haul, even if he's sent down.

The Indians remain cautious with his pitch counts and he's averaged less than five innings per start in Triple-A, despite his otherwise dominating numbers.

It will be interesting to see how long he goes today.

Goodness, that's some serious sh*t he's throwing out there!

I don't understand why Gomez didn't call for a change-up against Davis. All fastballs and sliders. That was 11 pitches against Davis?

Francona has a serious decision to make here. Dude's pitch count, but he's pitching a no-hitter.

I don't understand why Gomez didn't call for a change-up against Davis. All fastballs and sliders. That was 11 pitches against Davis?

Francona has a serious decision to make here. Dude's pitch count, but he's pitching a no-hitter.

They should pull him. A career achievement isn't worth it.

That's unfortunate. Loses no hitter after the ump misses a clear strike 3 right down the middle. Next pitch the batter doinks it for a single to opposite field

They cant send him down after this

No kidding. He might be one of the two best starting pitchers the Indians have right now.

I didn't want them to score. Dammit! Jays don't score that makes his debut that more impressive IMO. Regardless, dude was some kind of impressive. I assume he's done.