Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

music_man185

ESPN vs Yahoo

Which Is Better?   153 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

108 posts in this topic

i used espn last year and it worked fairly well. never used yahoo though. what are some features that are specific to each one? i will be using the android app very often for whichever one i go with. so the app needs to work well and have plenty of features. i've read that you can't view the league message board on the yahoo app. if this is true, that might be a deal breaker for me.

this article makes a good argument for yahoo. but its from last year. http://ryankantor.com/2012/11/11/why-yahoo-fantasy-football-is-still-clearly-superior-to-espns-best-effort/

I have the Yahoo Fantasy app and I can view messages on the message board.

same here

Personally, I hate ESPN for fantasy. I think Yahoo! is much more user friendly.

Yahoo for me. I'm not sure what the different features are, I just think it's easier to navigate and I prefer it much, much more.

I made the switch last year for most leagues and it's 10x better in my opinion.

I prefer Yahoo's setup much more. Tried ESPN for fantasy football a few years ago... never again.

Does ESPN even have cash prizes or is still gift cards lol?

I prefer Yahoo because of the way things are laid out, The ability to sort stats by any column, see matchups, all of the different options to sort people by. Just much nicer and more informative overall really. Too bad their draft system is so hit or miss. I'm not sure if it's a server issue, but it's been this way for a few years now, and I don't even waste my time trying to get into mock drafts anymore. I'm on 60+ MBPS cable internet and it's just ridiculous. I prefer the actual draft window of ESPN though. Yahoos looks pretty cheap. Yahoo's fantasy columns and rankings are poorly done, located, databased etc though. ESPN outside of the actual 'league' page is much better.

Yahoo! Just wish they would make changes to their Mock Draft format, but all in all a minor complaint. Tried CBS one year, didn't like the layout. Maybe it's my familiarity of 10+ years on Yahoo but I won't even think of leaving.

We did yahoo, now we moved onto NFL.com. Pretty happy with the move. Its a bit harder to figure out than yahoo, but everything else is the same. Their app is also great.

Espn offers the same with their app.

Vote goes to Yahoo although our money league has used espn for quite some time. Yahoo has a better league page layout, lineup layout and the live scoring is better too.

shocked that Yahoo is winning.

I do believe the interface you prefer is the one you are more accustomed to. They're different and I'm sure the layout would seem strange when you switch leagues. The big difference however is being able to customize the playoff schedule. On ESPN you can set the playoff matchups to 2 weeks each (so if 4 teams make the playoffs, they would start in week 13 and run through week 16). Yahoo only allows playoff matchups to be 1 week, hence I will never use Yahoo

1 person likes this

ESPN is definitely the best one. try both of them before you choose a side

1 person likes this

Yahoo! Just wish they would make changes to their Mock Draft format, but all in all a minor complaint. Tried CBS one year, didn't like the layout. Maybe it's my familiarity of 10+ years on Yahoo but I won't even think of leaving.

CBS is OK but its a rip off.

The comments seem to prefer yahoo, but the poll is almost even. I would like to try yahoo before making my decision, but don't you have to join or create a league before being able to try it?

Also, are there any useful features that one has that the other lacks?

Also, are there any useful features that one has that the other lacks?

When you're looking for stats and information to make educated pickups, player comparisons, or trades, yahoo blows espn away.

Sorry for the big pic, didn't wanna crop my screenshots.

But here you can see ESPN is pretty straight forward. You can sort by position, as well as the columns, but you'll notice the columns are about 50% useless when it comes to information. No yardage TD's receptions, return yards, rushing stats etc etc.

Where not only can you sort by columns, and you see the far more useful information in the columns, in the drop down list you see all of the alternate lists of information. Projections, past seasons, last 4 weeks, rest of season, next 4 weeks, individual weeks, rankings, opponents etc so forth and so on.

You can also filter results by teams in your league, available players, owner players, waivers etc.

2 people like this

Neither !!! CBS is the way to go !!!

I would rather save the 180 dollars and put it in the pot.

I can't access my Yahoo! League forums from within the Yahoo! Fantasy Football App for my 7" Nexus 7 tablet. Pretty annoying honestly.

I can't access my Yahoo! League forums from within the Yahoo! Fantasy Football App for my 7" Nexus 7 tablet. Pretty annoying honestly.

Once your league drafts, you'll be able to.