Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsw283

Best fantasy pitching night ever

34 posts in this topic

Figured we would start it up since the vent/rant thread is already in full force. My first feel good story of the year:

s6XJDiu.jpg

5 people like this

congrats dsw! I've heard of FanDuels but never checked into it. I take it they have a how to play webpage?

congrats dsw! I've heard of FanDuels but never checked into it. I take it they have a how to play webpage?

I just joined my first ever "league" on fanduels.com today. It looks to be an interesting and addicting take on fantasy sports....

Here's their "How it Works" page: https://www.fanduel.com/how-it-works

This is my second year playing and didn't really get the hang of it until later in the year. You're given a set amount of cash and you build a team. You can have the same players, the biggest thing I've learned from playing that you wont catch on right away is make sure your players are actually playing! Haha you would be surprised how easy that sounds, but I constantly see teams with players who aren't in the line-ups that day.

Is there a catch to this? I know a lot of sites take a big pay rake from money leagues, so in the end you aren't winning too much.

I just joined my first ever "league" on fanduels.com today. It looks to be an interesting and addicting take on fantasy sports....

Here's their "How it Works" page: https://www.fanduel.com/how-it-works

my addiction counselor (aka the wife) isn't going to be happy you posted this link ;)

I had real sex with a woman last night.

9 people like this

In big tournaments you really don't see their take, in 1$ head to head tournaments total winnings you get back is $1.80 so about $.20. They will send you a 1099 though if you exceed $599 for the year so be careful haha!

Won it yesterday with:

P Darvish

c: M.Montero

1b: Berkman

2b: Hill

3b: Carpenter

SS: Andrus

OF: Gentry

OF: Morse

OF: Swisher

Fantasy sports are a great procrastination tool at work, and when you're on the west coast like me, most games have started by 4 PM -- i.e., before the work day ends

1 person likes this

Is there a catch to this? I know a lot of sites take a big pay rake from money leagues, so in the end you aren't winning too much.

It's a daily league. You enter like one day and pick a lineup for that day. They take some money out of the overall pool, but probably not a ton since there is no work in actually running it.... it's just a computer program. Kind of like online poker.

With that being said getting first in a $1 league and cashing in 3 bills is awesome.

Morse and Yu FTW

Kind of like online poker.

It really has an online poker feel to it. The site takes a (small) rake, but otherwise everyone puts their own money in the pot.

Kind of like online poker.

It really has an online poker feel to it. The site takes a (small) rake, but otherwise everyone puts their own money in the pot.

My site has done some promo work for fanduels too. They are good people. I feel like it's something more fun to do in the latter half of the season when your team is on cruise control or out of it (personally)

1 person likes this

Liar.

1 person likes this

Real sex. Inflatable woman.

2 people like this

Boooo... SHUN

been hearing a lot of buzz about this JAMES ANDREWS. been refreshing yahoo all day to see when they will add him. frustrating to say the least.

how r u?

Still haven't given up a run yet. Just gonna enjoy this little run while it lasts

Fantasy sports are a great procrastination tool at work, and when you're on the west coast like me, most games have started by 4 PM -- i.e., before the work day ends

i miss the west coast...

I had the best week in the history of fantasy baseball pitching and I thought for sure he would be the one who let up a run.

my staff this week.

1. Clayton Kershaw...0.00 era 2 starts

2. Justin Verlander....0.00 era

3. Zack Grienke.........0.00 era

4. Chris Sale..............0.00 era

5. Matt Harvey..........0.00 era

6. Alex Cobb.............0.00 era...I love this pitching staff so far.

7. Aroldis Chapman.0.00 era

8. Fernando Rodney....He's the only one who gave up a run.

28.2 innings pitched, 0 earned runs, 33 strikeouts, 4 wins, 1 save, 1 two hitter, 1 no hitter, .56 whip. It doesn't happen often...so I have to enjoy it! Anyone had a better night?

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, July 14, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Cool story bro.

3 people like this

I had 29 IP 0 ER 33 k 4 wins 1 save 1 two hitter 1 no hitter . 54 whip so my night was clearly better