Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tremixt

Anthony Davis 2013-2014 Season Outlook

I don't get it. Are you even trying to argue something here? I just relayed the information available. When I said "speaks volumes" that is relative to the information that was given to us which was he was a "game-time decision."

When a coach says "if he could play he would play" ..are we suppose to draw a different conclusions from what was said? And If he said "he's fine" are we suppose to take his words with a grain of salt too?

It seems like you're trying to make something out of nothing here. I posted the quote. Take it for what it's worth. Jesus Christ...

I don't think he was trying to attack you personally with his post. It was more of an analysis on the thing that you quoted itself. I appreciated the discussion from both the source and his analysis.

Dude is such a band-aid. Would any of you really draft him over Curry or Harden next year?

Dude is such a band-aid. Would any of you really draft him over Curry or Harden next year?

I would still take him over Curry and Harden. I get that he's been fragile, but I think these are things that he'll overcome as his body gets stronger and his game matures (no more reckless dunk attempts please lol). You can't argue that when he's healthy his numbers blows everybody else's out of water. Even his average stats on the season are tainted because he was forced to leave so many games early. I remember earlier in the season some stats expert mentioned that the difference between AD's stats and the #2 fantasy player (James Harden) is a full Al Jefferson. If you are lucky enough to land AD, you will just have to live with these bumps and bruises both literally and figuratively.

Maybe in Roto. He's 2nd overall in total value just behind Curry.

I would still take him over Curry and Harden. I get that he's been fragile, but I think these are things that he'll overcome as his body gets stronger and his game matures (no more reckless dunk attempts please lol). You can't argue that when he's healthy his numbers blows everybody else's out of water. Even his average stats on the season are tainted because he was forced to leave so many games early. I remember earlier in the season some stats expert mentioned that the difference between AD's stats and the #2 fantasy player (James Harden) is a full Al Jefferson. If you are lucky enough to land AD, you will just have to live with these bumps and bruises both literally and figuratively.

I am on the fence about it. He is definitely in another league when healthy, but who knows. It does seem to be kind of freakish stuff, and taking the gamble is worth it.

I had the chance to trade him for Harden and a couple minor pieces in a keeper league but declined it, and now regret it for this year as well as next.

That being said, its probably Curry, Harden and then AD at the very worst. Westbrook maybe, but AD has to be top 3 still with upside even assuming he will miss 15-25 games throughout the year.

That's the issue in a H2H points league (or any H2H league) though. It's tough to live with his bumps and bruises when three straight seasons he breaks down at the end of the year and your fantasy season goes up in flames in a single week. Nothing he's done to this point matters all that much in a playoff format when he routinely misses a bunch of games during the most important part of the season in real life and in fantasy.

Short of adding significant size or drastically changing his training or recovery program I don't think he magically matures and drops the injury prone tag. It's been too many separate injuries over three straight seasons now during what should be some of the healthiest and freshest years of his career. It's not just reckless play either. He's gotten hurt on some big dunk or block attempts for sure but has also been hurt plenty on pretty routine plays, practicing, etc. Everyone is susceptible to bumps and bruises and freak injuries, and I'm not pretending to know what kind of pain Davis is in at this exact moment, but he's certainly been in and out far more than the average player, let alone superstar.

Sorry for the constant ranting re: Davis the past few days. Just annoying to probably have your season end the same way, in the same round, because of the same player a couple years in a row.

man this dude has been a real wuss, how frustrating

AD may be the cause for a lot of first round exits this week.. And I might be one of them. Hopefully he plays on Sunday and puts up a quad dub

There goes my season all because AD rolls his ankle during drills/shoot around lmao. Pathetic.

Knowing our recent luck he'll probably come back the Monday after a first round playoff exit, then put up a quint-dub.

Any hope for Sunday?

Gotta hope so. Not entirely sure how someone could be a game-time decision on Thursday and out on Sunday unless the sprain was far worse than they were immediately aware.

If I lose this week it's 100% AD's fault... He needs to do the pelicans and his owners a favor and play on Sunday.

We live by the sword and die by the sword. This happened to me last year with him. Unfortunately the same mess again.

Are Pels like the Kings, who when they say probable they really mean definitely?

Most guys end up playing when they're listed as probable. I'd say about 95% of the time at least.

Time to fit 3 games worth of stats into today's game, my friend. Anything less than 20/10/10/10/10 just won't do.