Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tremixt

Anthony Davis 2013-2014 Season Outlook

All this talk about EG,Tyreke and Jrue capping AD's ceiling is overdone..EVERY team in the NBA has a ton of talent on their team and multiple "mouths to feed".. The cream of the crop rises to the top and becomes the man and go to guy..AD is CLEARLY the franchise and you are fooling yourself out of passing up on a star this year if you think chronically injured EG, and two guards who already had their teams give up on them are going to overshadow this kid..he's special period..

Here is a cool story..I have the 6th pick and I'm taking AD..he's the REAL DEAL!

Wtf... Okay, now the hype train has spun out of control.

...However!

I wouldn't be surprised with top 10 value myself though. To be honest, choosing between Paul George and Anthony Davis would be difficult, George may be seen as a "safer" pick at 6 but it's hard for me to not see Davis take it to another level this season barring an injury...

I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes with top 10 value, but why reach for him in the first if you can get him in the second round. Yes he will be the real deal this year and I'm exited to have him on my roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes with top 10 value, but why reach for him in the first if you can get him in the second round. Yes he will be the real deal this year and I'm exited to have him on my roster.

Answer: coz you might not get him in 2nd round

Was sure I was going to get him with the 15th pick in my draft....now I have serious doubts

Here is a cool story..I have the 6th pick and I'm taking AD..he's the REAL DEAL!

Have fun putting yourself in a big disadvantage to win your league

Really? BIG disadvantage?? How do you figure? Have you seen this kid play recently?? Have you read quotes by Larry Brown, Bob Knight and other long time basketball scouts and execs?? They are comparing him to KG, Bill Russell, KD..ect..he is a hybrid of these type of players.. He was ranked 24 in yahoo in 9 cats in 27 mins a night as a 19yr old rookie!! He has bulked up in the offseason and now has a legit smooth looking J..at 6 what is the BIG disadvantage?? Btw I got the same flack when I took a 20 ur old sophomore names Lebron James with the 8th pick back in 2004.. That worked out..same feeling with this kid. LEGIT franchise player..the ONLY risk is injury, otherwise he is an absolute lock top 10 player..after KD, LBJ, Harden , Cp3 , Curry you can argue for a lot of guys at 6..please come back to this thread 3 months into the season and AD is ranked like 5..barring injury of course!

You are picking him 6th which is like his absolute ceiling. This is a one year league, obviously in a dynasty #6 is fine. It's only his 2nd year in the league and even though he's great he's not Lebron James. Also he gets treated with kid gloves and sits anytime he has any sort of minor injury.

You are picking him 6th which is like his absolute ceiling. This is a one year league, obviously in a dynasty #6 is fine. It's only his 2nd year in the league and even though he's great he's not Lebron James. Also he gets treated with kid gloves and sits anytime he has any sort of minor injury.

Training wheels are coming off this year..hes their future and the future is now..btw, who is more of a sure thing to return 6-10 value in 9 cat roto?? Kyrie, Love? Jefferson?( who I do love this year as well)..?? He's right there man..I just don't see how's it's some MAJOR risk..he is going to average something like 17,10,1.5. 1.5 stls, 2 Blks, under 2 TOS, 50+fg, 75+ ft..that's top 10..you think he doesn't average much more than last year?

Here is my current top 20:

1. KD

2. LBJ

3. CP3

4. James Harden

5. Steph Curry

6. Kyrie Irving

7. kevin Love

8. Derrick Rose

9. Paul George

10. Marc Gasol

11. Al Jefferson

12. John Wall

13. Carmelo Anthony

14. Serge Ibaka

15. LaMarcus Aldridge

16. Anthony Davis

17. Deron Williams

18. Nicolas Batum

19. Dwyane Wade

20. Dirk

Anyone that I have ranked ahead of Davis that I shouldn't? Please try and give me a substantial reason if you think someone should be moved below him.

Training wheels are coming off this year..hes their future and the future is now..btw, who is more of a sure thing to return 6-10 value in 9 cat roto?? Kyrie, Love? Jefferson?( who I do love this year as well)..?? He's right there man..I just don't see how's it's some MAJOR risk..he is going to average something like 17,10,1.5. 1.5 stls, 2 Blks, under 2 TOS, 50+fg, 75+ ft..that's top 10..you think he doesn't average much more than last year?

Jefferson is the most sure thing out of those 3 + Anthony Davis for sure. Also Love has more upside than Davis as well. I'm not a big fan of Kyrie as he has the injury problems without the top 5 upside that Love has.

If ADavis ends up providing 1st rd value and he makes other solid picks - how will he be at a big disadvantage?

Really? BIG disadvantage?? How do you figure? Have you seen this kid play recently?? Have you read quotes by Larry Brown, Bob Knight and other long time basketball scouts and execs?? They are comparing him to KG, Bill Russell, KD..ect..he is a hybrid of these type of players.. He was ranked 24 in yahoo in 9 cats in 27 mins a night as a 19yr old rookie!! He has bulked up in the offseason and now has a legit smooth looking J..at 6 what is the BIG disadvantage?? Btw I got the same flack when I took a 20 ur old sophomore names Lebron James with the 8th pick back in 2004.. That worked out..same feeling with this kid. LEGIT franchise player..the ONLY risk is injury, otherwise he is an absolute lock top 10 player..after KD, LBJ, Harden , Cp3 , Curry you can argue for a lot of guys at 6..please come back to this thread 3 months into the season and AD is ranked like 5..barring injury of course!

You make a good argument. Go big or Go lose. Still #6 is much too high but I might target him in my last draft if I get another late round pick.

If anyone has durability concerns about him that makes you think twice about picking him @ 6th then you have to reconsider picking Love or Kyrie over Davis. That leaves much safer options like Paul George, Al Jeff, Marc Gasol. Just something to think about. No doubt it's a tough pick.

I'd much rather get PG at 6 and then pray that Davis falls I think. Worst case scenario, you get Paul George at #6 and then maybe Brook Lopez or Hibbert or something in the second if you want a big, or just BPA.

I'd much rather get PG at 6 and then pray that Davis falls I think. Worst case scenario, you get Paul George at #6 and then maybe Brook Lopez or Hibbert or something in the second if you want a big, or just BPA.

Uhhh if you take Brook Lopez or Hibbert in the 2nd round you are going to lose your league.

I'd take love at 6 but after that I would consider Davis. I'd def take him over wall, Aldridge. Probably kyrie should go next at 7.

Here is my current top 20:

1. KD

2. LBJ

3. CP3

4. James Harden

5. Steph Curry

6. Kyrie Irving

7. kevin Love

8. Derrick Rose

9. Paul George

10. Marc Gasol

11. Al Jefferson

12. John Wall

13. Carmelo Anthony

14. Serge Ibaka

15. LaMarcus Aldridge

16. Anthony Davis

17. Deron Williams

18. Nicolas Batum

19. Dwyane Wade

20. Dirk

Anyone that I have ranked ahead of Davis that I shouldn't? Please try and give me a substantial reason if you think someone should be moved below him.

List is flawed without Al horford missing. Rose. Wall are too high.

I don't think any Center is all that more valuable than Davis. If he averages 17+ as some have alluded to, I wouldn't have a problem taking him as the first center-eligible player. I also think 17+ is very possible. In Dynasty league he's a no doubter top 10 pick, that's for sure. His upside to outproduce projections is definitely higher than the other top centers imo. Risk/reward works in his favor, and if you're interested in drafting him, you'll have to do it early.

Gasol is widely presumed the top center, thanks to nice assists, FT%, and steals from the C position, in addition to a nice all round productive game. I don't think it's far fetched to assume that AD could outproduce Gasol in FG%, Reb, Stls, Blks, and points. I'd have a difficult time seeing Brow outperforming him in FT% and assists. I think the Center position has a few comparable options.

the one thing i have learned when it comes to fantasy is not to draft anybody based on potential. Anthony davis hasnt done anything yet and their is no guarantee that he will this year. There are a lot of new parts in that offense with jrue and tyreke coming to town and to expect great things right off the bat is usually wishful thinking. With that being said, i would absolutely go for more established commodities in horford, al jeff, marc gasol, aldridge, or love.

He was ranked 13th in the last 2 months of the season, 12th in the last month per BBM with averages of 15/9/1/1/1/1TO 50% & 80 in 30+ minutes. However, he was ranked as high as 7th in per-36 with a slight increase in ppg @ 17 and 2 bpg and 10rpg while maintaining the same numbers across the board.

If you believe he can put up 17/10/1/1/2/1 this upcoming season then he's definitely a viable option in the draft @ 6th overall.

After the top 5 guys, picks #6-15 to me are almost interchangeable. Im not saying I would take Davis #6 if I had that pick but I wouldn't call anyone out that did because you probably will not get him in the 2nd round. Right now he's my #2 PF/C just behind Marc Gasol, and i'm not trying to be bias because I own him in a dynasty league. The only cats he will trail Gasol in will be assists and FT%, I expect AD to be better in FG%, Rebs, Steals, Blks, TOs and Pts this season.

Here's my projection for AD:

33mins..54% FG, 78% FT, 9.5 Rebs, 1.5 Stls, 2.1 Blks, 18.5 Pts

The kid is legit and a lock for top 10. We aren't banking on potential, as he's already there which he proved last year with very high rankings in limited minutes.

After watching the preseason games where he has looked awesome, he's moved into that 2nd tier of players which include Love and Kyrie for that 6-8th pick for me. But as binhdvu83 said, you could make a case for pretty much any player in that 6-15 range.

But yeah, I will bet anyone even money that Davis ends up top 10 in 9 cat leagues according to BBM.