Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colonel Forbin

ESPN's Midseason Top 250 Keeper Ranks, Thoughts?

35 posts in this topic

First thing i noticed. Allen Craig is disgustingly low

1 person likes this

I thought the same thing (as I am Craig owner). What about Homer Bailey being sandwiched between Sale and Moore (ahead of him) and Latos, J. Fernandez, and Cain behind him. I am missing something with Bailey that Im not seeing haha?

I thought the same thing (as I am Craig owner). What about Homer Bailey being sandwiched between Sale and Moore (ahead of him) and Latos, J. Fernandez, and Cain behind him. I am missing something with Bailey that Im not seeing haha?

theres absolutely no excuse for that either. Im taking J fernandez Latos and even cain above Bailey some of these rankings are just ridiculous. still cant get over Craig at 59 lol

I have 5 in the top 29!

It's a list. These are hard anyway. Trying to include age makes it extremely difficult.

Lawrie, Rizzo, Hosmer have all lost some luster.

I also thought Wil Myers is pretty high at 34 when he has other rookies like Puig and Profar at 48 and 85 respectively.

just noticed WTF Pedro Alvarez at almost the top 30 damn man

No Bruxton. I realize he is probably looking at late 2014 or 2015 but 67% of his rankings are based on 2015 and beyond.

Jose Reyes at 64 when he should be around where Alvarez is

Yadier Molina continues to be grossly underrated at the thinnest position in the game at 65

Jose Fernandez at 67 is a joke especially because they allegedly take the future into account

Zach Wheeler is too low but thats just because im a mets fan lol

Nick Franklin should be a bit higher

Personally id take machado over Mccutchen but thats just personal opinion

Prince is too high in my opinion

For a very inconsistent streaky player Bruce should be out of the top 25

Also agreed Wil Myers is a bit too high

Im about to make my own rankings so we can compare them to ESPN ill be on later tonight to present it. excited to see what you guys think of mine

3 people like this

Well first they not 'Espns'. They are Cockcrofts. While he usually does a steady job, these and his all 2017 team seemed off his mark. Maybe he's trying to be 'bold' or what not. But overall these are a bit more reactionary than the norm for Cockcroft.

In any case, I appreciate his work and these are good for discussion.

would anyone bother to take my rankings in account or is this gona be a waste of time lmao

Well first they not 'Espns'. They are Cockcrofts. While he usually does a steady job, these and his all 2017 team seemed off his mark. Maybe he's trying to be 'bold' or what not. But overall these are a bit more reactionary than the norm for Cockcroft.

In any case, I appreciate his work and these are good for discussion.

Excuse me, I should have put Tristan Cockcroft instead of ESPN. Either way he was the one chosen by ESPN for the job.

would anyone bother to take my rankings in account or is this gona be a waste of time lmao

Do it, I'd like to see it

ok sounds good. ill be posting it later tonight dw ill make sure our boy Allen Craig gets the spot he deserves lol
1 person likes this

He equally weights, instead of value weights, the upcoming four seasons. Therefore older players will be penalized more in years 2016 and 2017. Allen Craig is 28 years old and will be 32-33 in those years. He hasn't proven to be a consistent power threat at a traditional power positional group. What works in his favor is he's under contract with the Cards all of those years and should consistently hit in a stacked lineup.

I'd venture to say Sale's ranking has much to do with the high probability he'll have arm or shoulder problems considering his messy mechanics.

Guys like Bautista, Beltre, and Wright stick out much more to me. Beltre will be 37 and 38 those last two years and has bad hamstrings. He must have Beltre near the top ten for the next year and half for him to rank so high.

I realize he is only 20 and he has had a great first half and all, but to me I think people need to slow their roll a bit on Manny Machado. He is fun to watch a great talent, but from a fantasy perspective at 3B (and we assume the power will rise and so thats where the ranking comes from) but I want to see it first, his BABip might be a little inflated right now, so lets see his power develop AND the average sustain before we simply say top 10 guy over next 4 years. If I were having a draft right now and the guys I took were on my team for 4-5 years, he probably isnt in my top 30 at this point, let alone top 10.

If he were back at SS, maybe, but not at 3B.

1 person likes this