Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NyMetsfan5

Craig's Aka Nymetsfan5 Keeper rankings

40 posts in this topic

Using the same formula as Espns keeper rankings listed below

This is the player valuation formula I used:

• 2013 second-half performance: 10 percent.

• 2014 performance: 22.5 percent.

• 2015 performance: 22.5 percent.

• 2016 performance: 22.5 percent.

• 2017 performance and beyond: 22.5 percent.(credit to Espn and Tristan for formula)

so here we go :)

1.Matt Harvey

2.Matt Harvey

3.Matt Harvey

no but in all seriousness here it is

1.Mike Trout

2.Miguel Cabrera

3.Carlos Gonzalez

4.Giancarlo Stanton

5.Bryce Harper

6.Andrew Mccutchen

7.Manny Machado

8. Paul GoldSchmidt

9.Chris Davis

10.Ryan Braun

11.Buster Posey

12.Robinson Cano

13.Troy Tulowitzki

14.Joey Votto

15.Matt Harvey(i know people will gripe at this but this is based on my opinion that he will be the number 1 sp for years to come)

16.Adam jones

17.Clayton Kershaw

18.Hanley Ramirez

19.Prince Fielder

20.King Felix

21.Jason Kipnis

22.Evan Longoria

23.Jose Reyes

24.Carlos Gomez

25.David Wright

26.Stephen Strasburg

27.Justin Upton

28.Jean Segura

29.Allen Craig

30.Jay Bruce

31.Matt Kemp

32.Madison Bumgarner

33.Yu Darvish

34.Yasiel Puig

35.Adam Wainwright

36. Jose Bautista

37.Yadier Molina

38.Dustin Pedrioa

39.Justin Verlander

40.Freddie Freeman

41.Jose Fernandez

42.Edwin Encarnacion

43.Max Scherezer

44.Yoenis Cespedes

45.Wil Myers

46.Domonic Brown

47.David Price

48.Carlos Santana

49.Ian Desmond

50.Anthony Rizzo

51.Adrian Beltre

52.Chris Sale

53.Jordan Zimmerman

54.Starling Marte

55.Jorge Soler

56.Austin Jackson

57.Gio Gonzalez

58.Desmond Jennings

59.Dexter Fowler

60.Mat Latos

61.Josh Donaldson

62.Ryan Zimmerman

63.Matt Moore

64.Jason Heyward

65.Joe Mauer

66.Adrian Gonzalez

67.Oscar Taveras

68.Shin-soo Choo

69.Shelby Miller

70.Billy Butler

71.Jurickson profar

72.Alex Gordon

73.Patrick Corbin

74.Everth Cabrera

75.Nickmundo Franklin

76.Craig Kimbrel

77.Matt Cain

78.Matt Carpenter

79.Matt Adams

80.Jose Altuve

81.Ian Kinsler

82.Albert Pujols

83.Cliff Lee

84.Arodlis Chapman

85.Starlin Castro

86.Chase Hedley

87.Tony Cingrani

88.Gerrit Cole

89.Anthony Rendon

90.Chase Headley

91.Kyle Seager

92.Oswaldo Arcia

93.Asdrubal Cabrera

94.Jedd Gyorko

95. Danny Salazar

96.Johnny Cueto

97.Greg Holland

98.Zach Wheeler

99.Jason Castro(seriuosly underrated catcher may i add)

100.Miguel Sano

Honorable mentions who were on bubble- Byron Buxton (going to be a terrific player and who knows maybe in 5 years well have him in the top 3 of our keeper rankings but until then we wait) Xander Boegarts,Christian Yelich and all the other excellent prospects that didnt make it (didnt want to put too many young guys in the top 100 but if i did 200 they would be in there for sure) Yes i know i am nuts to believe Soler should be that high but yea i believe

So heres my top 100 (not going to 250 because this took me 3 hours as it is) and i tried to work hard on it for you guys because i value your opinions. Please leave any feedback (positive or negative) and any thoughts you have on the list. I know i got some questionable ones but hey who doesnt its all based on opinion anyway so take it as it is. Ps ive never done this sort of ranking thing before and trust me guys it is tough to do and find places to put players, so i will forever refrain from calling another guys rankings bad because it is very tough. ok im done talking now enjoy!!

5 people like this

86.Chase Hedley

Nope

hahah you think he shouldnt be on this list im assuming?

Please give provide your ROS rankings as well. Thanks.

so you want another top 100 list just for rest of season? ill do it is that what you meant though?

I expected 100 Mets. I was wrong.

lmao sorry to disappoint

so you want another top 100 list just for rest of season? ill do it is that what you meant though?

Yup, ESPN gives both keeper and ROS rankings! I will be using your rankings exclusively. TIA

86.Chase Hedley

Nope

hahah you think he shouldnt be on this list im assuming?

Nope.

I also think you have MadBum low and Justin Upton way high

Good list.

Soler over Taveras though? I think Taveras needs to be way, way higher.

Ya Great List - It's clear you put a lot of time into this. Where would you rank Kris Bryant? Also, one of my favorite guys is Cingrani, so he would be in my top 50. I also like Duffy, but I understand not putting him in the top 100. I like hard throwing lefties in general, because if they find control they can be unhittable, like Sale. I may have included Carlos Martinez as well, I think he is going to be a star. Thanks for making the list, great job.

Also, why are you so high on Soler? Is it just a gut feeling or are you basing it on Puig's success, Soler's young age, or because you've seen him in person? Or some other reasons?

Yup, ESPN gives both keeper and ROS rankings! I will be using your rankings exclusively. TIA

ok ill get on that by tonight it will be in

Good list.

Soler over Taveras though? I think Taveras needs to be way, way higher.

thats just my general feeling on Soler and i love that Cuban baseball mold and ive done a far amount of research on Soler. Although i do admit i should have moved around a few players to get Taveras into the early 50s late 40's possibly, hes going to be special but i just like Soler more

Also, why are you so high on Soler? Is it just a gut feeling or are you basing it on Puig's success, Soler's young age, or because you've seen him in person? Or some other reasons?

As i said in the last post love that cuban baseball player mold and have done a lot of research on him as well and everything points to stud in that outfield. If i had to rank Kris bryant hed be in the mid 100's for me say around 120-130 However im more of a George Springer fan myself

Ya - I wish this wasn't moved out of the FB Forum. It would be great for more discussion. Anyways, I probably would have rated C.Davis a little lower. I don't know if he is just a flash in the pan or not. I also thought u underrated Sale and price a bit. Other than that, I thought your rankings were right on.

So just for clarification, if you were making a top 5 prospect list you would have soler in there?

Ya - I wish this wasn't moved out of the FB Forum. It would be great for more discussion. Anyways, I probably would have rated C.Davis a little lower. I don't know if he is just a flash in the pan or not. I also thought u underrated Sale and price a bit. Other than that, I thought your rankings were right on.

So just for clarification, if you were making a top 5 prospect list you would have soler in there?

Yes Soler would be at 3 for me

1.Buxton

2.Boegarts

3.Soler

4.Taveras

5.Sano

thats my personal list

I'll try to remember to comment more tomorrow when I'm on my laptop.

Could cherry pick here and there, but lists look easy till you try to put one together. I'd have two closers in the top 100, kimbrel and chapman and that's it.

I like your list man and I love seeing other ppls opinions on dynasty rankings. I see you really like Soler, as do I. What kind of production do you see from him once he arrives? I know the power is tremendous.. I was thinking we can look forward to a yearly line in the neighborhood of 35HR/15SB/.290 What do you think?

I think we can look forward to 35 and 120 rbis with 15 steals and a 280 average. His ceiling is 45 hrs imo with a solid avg and some speed. Love him in keepers and dynasty league

Great job. I like your rankings much better than Cockcrofts for sure.

Glad to see Craig cracked the top 30 ;)

1 person likes this

David Price at 47 seems about 20-25 spots too low to me. I know he had a rough start, but he seems to have corrected his issues. I think he's an elite option long term.