Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosoup4crr

How much work do I need to do this offseason?

7 posts in this topic

It's a 12-team, 8-cat Roto Dynasty (12-keeper) with 12 slots and an 82 GP limit on each slot. However, because talent has shifted over the last few years, it's better if you consider this a 10-team league, as the best teams are decidedly stronger. Somehow, I successfully won the league last year while punting FT%. But with all the moves in the offseason, I'm left feeling less than great. My questions are 1) How much worse do I look this year than last year because of the NBA offseason? 2) Do I simply need to make a few moves to sure up an otherwise competitive team? Or do i need to reconstruct all of it? It's an ESPN league -- which should answer some questions about dual eligibility.

PG: Kyrie Irving

PG: Goran Dragic

SG: George Hill

SG: Mo Williams

SF: Jimmy Butler

SF: Kyle Korver

PF: Josh Smith

PF: Al Horford

C: DeMarcus Cousins

C: Dwight Howard

Util: Jeremy Lin

Util: Kevin Martin

Bench (Non-Keepers): Tiago Splitter, Jared Dudley, Jared Sullinger

Off-season Changes: Most distressing is Josh Smith's move to detroit. Of course, it's all speculation. But when he played the 3 in atlanta, his RPG plummeted and his FG% and bpg took a substantial hit as well. Mo Williams -- he doesn't have a job. Of course I'm going to wait and see, but I don't see him getting a starting job. losing 10 mpg will render him next to useless. Goran Dragic -- It's hard to know what his game is going to be with Bledsoe in town. A real shakeup (such as his being taken completely off-ball or playing the roll of sixth man) is a very small chance. But, even absent that risk, I think we can expect to see his assist and point numbers go down. Jeremy Lin -- Beverly was moving in at the end of last year. He's a weak shooter which might portent his getting less playing time with dwight.

It's a 12-team, 8-cat Roto Dynasty

Somehow, I successfully won the league last year while punting FT%.

How do you punt in roto?

If Mo Williams signs with a team that puts him in abackup role keep Splitter and not him

1 person likes this

I think overall you are ok. J Smiths numbers may drop a little, but he still has significant value in a 12 team league. I wouldn't keep Mo Williams, he is going to have little to no value next season and is old anyway. Splitter is probably your best replacement. Also, I think K Martin's production will go up next year in Minnesota, so he will be a plus in your SG slot.

I hadn't even considered it because of how good mo was for me last year. But it makes perfect sense. I'll check to make sure he doesn't get a starting gig anywhere before I keep splitter.

I'm hoping Kmart does well next year -- but mostly so that I can trade him. A lot of his value is lost because I'm punting ft%.

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to do it successfully? Conceptually, it's the same as punting in H2H. Logistically, it's just more difficult because a 1 pt. category is, theoretically, more damaging in roto than losing a category every week in H2H.