Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYR Fan 116894

Zach Lee SP LAD

Didn't see a thread made for him, so I decided to make one.

He has a 2.98 ERA, 99.2 IP, 89 H, 26 BB, and 91 K's in AA. 1.15 WHIP as well. His overall record is 7-6.

He was a 1st round pick back in 2010 by the Dodgers. Anyone know much about him?

Zach Lee "fell" to the 28th pick due to possibly signability issues because it looked like he would go to LSU to play baseball and football.

When the Dodgers ended up signing him, I was pumped because everyone said he had frontline starter potential. Since that time, it' become apparant that he's more of a mid rotation guy.

FB sits 90-92 and good feel for his secondary pitches. Not as exciting of when he first got drafted, but he has the look of a player that can have a long major league career. I don't expect to see him in a Dodgers uniform until at least mid 2014.

I'm thinking long term upside is possible #2, but more likely #3 type guy. Really like that he doesn't walk many guys and his K rate is much better compared to years past.

He had major hype a couple of years ago, then fell off the map. It's good to see he is having success right now in Double A