Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NyMetsfan5

Christian Yelich 2013 Outlook

239 posts in this topic

He's really made strides this year with power before being injured. Hasn't quite played as well since coming back, but the upside is there.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, July 23, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Is he worth a pick-up?

yesss.gif

3 people like this

He's probably worth a flier, but I would have tempered expectations. I don't think he'll do much in that lineup as a rookie and in that park.

1 person likes this

Where are all these guys gonna play? OF getting crowded.

havent scored a run in 36 innings. thats translates to nothings working. im sure they can find room

Where are all these guys gonna play? OF getting crowded.

Ozuna well be optioned down in a corresponding move so that will help make some room.

Lets do this! I need a pick me up after Grilli getting injured.

Just be aware that this guy is not a plug-n-play just yet-- still can't hit lefties.

If you have the roster versatility, then he should provide some solid stats if you can handle platooning him.

ladies and gentlemen, my Braun replacement! you got big shoes to fill buddy!

Strikes out too much and can't hit lefties...pass.

Not everyone plays in 8 team mixed snake draft leagues.

I play in an 11 team nl only auction league and yelich has plenty of value compared to some of the crap some teams are forced to have active each week. No he won't put up huge numbers but no one here was expecting that. If he shows some signs he could also become a keeper.

I don't expect much. A couple of homers, few steals, .260ish batting average, lots of strike outs. I definitely won't ever be starting him against a lefty that's for sure. I just picked him up to use as trade bait before the deadline in my keeper league.

Strikes out too much and can't hit lefties...pass.

Not everyone plays in 8 team mixed snake draft leagues.

I play in an 11 team nl only auction league and yelich has plenty of value compared to some of the crap some teams are forced to have active each week. No he won't put up huge numbers but no one here was expecting that. If he shows some signs he could also become a keeper.

Neither do I.

I didn't say you had to pass on him, I said I'm passing on him. Quite frankly, he's not worth me dropping Beltran, Rios, or Morales for. I don't see much in the guy.

Can't remember where, but I remember seeing him ranked on a recent prospects list above Taveras.

Your Spongebob notebook?

1 person likes this

Can't remember where, but I remember seeing him ranked on a recent prospects list above Taveras.

Taveras all day over this dude. Not close in my opinion.

I've heard him compared to Shawn Green with less power. Tall lefty with sweet swing. Right now, he'll likely be a doubles hitter with 12-15 HR power at the MLB level. Could be a 25 HR hitter in his prime, with elite BA and OBP.

I've heard him compared to Shawn Green with less power. Tall lefty with sweet swing. Right now, he'll likely be a doubles hitter with 12-15 HR power at the MLB level. Could be a 25 HR hitter in his prime, with elite BA and OBP.

That's more like it. Sometimes I think many a poster here gets too caught up in what the talking heads think.

Have you seen his swing? It's as pretty as it gets, plus he's no lumbering sloth... rather athletic as hell. Everyone says he's a fisrt guy in, last to leave kid who's very coachable and intelligent. What's not to like? Refreshing to see another Trout like attitude who's not a diva.

That said, I've scoured the net for film on him and he sure passes the eyeball test for me! Combine that w/ all the intangibles that scouts and talking heads alike say he poseses, and I'm in. Dynasty he's most likely gone, but keeper leagues should pounce IMHO.