Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beer Snob

Best & Worst Fantasy Football Guides/Magazines

You can tell it's fantasy football season when the magazine stand at the gas station up the street is about 90% full of nothing but fantasy football guides and magazines. With so many choices to select from, which fantasy football magazines do you swear by, and which ones to you avoid like hooker with bad skin rash?

Personally, I'm a Sports Illustrated Fantasy magazine fan.

All of the information in the magazines can be found online, so I do not use them anymore. Love it when my league mates use them though.

I usually buy 2-3 for different things they offer, but I bought one called "Fantasy Football Draft Guide 2013" and I have enjoyed it thus far. Has a large picture of Kaep on it with smaller pics of Spiller and Charles (just for clarification haha) and I like that it has IDP rankings considering I am playing in my first IDP league this year. It also has ease of schedule for QB, RB, and WR on each team's page. I just like when stuff like that is bluntly there for me rather than having to search around for it haha. Plenty of magazines offer great stuff, and I am not knocking any other magazines or saying this is the save all purchase, but I have gotten some good info from it.

The only worthwhile thing inside those magazines are previous year's stats and the current year's schedule -- everything else is outdated before the ink has set.

None of them, online is the only way to go to ensure you have up-to-date changes. Those magazines are printed at the end of June/early July, too many changes happen between then and your draft.

I usually like Fantasy Football Index, I haven't bought any this year yet though.

The only worthwhile thing inside those magazines are previous year's stats and the current year's schedule -- everything else is outdated before the ink has set.

I buy them mainly because they're convienent to have around. I bring them to the beach, read them when I poop, etc. If I learn just a couple new things I'm OK with that, it's an entertainment thing for me.

Smart Phone / Tablet and Twitter should be your best friend

I will NEVER get a Twitter in my life.