Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taxman

Jermichael Finley 2013 Season Outlook

301 posts in this topic

I know Finley let some people and balls down last year but he still has Rodgers throwing him the ball, he's young and his ADP is very low. Thoughts on his 2013 season?

I hate this dude. The only time I've ever taken a TE early was him I think it was 2 years ago and he burned me. Can't catch, he's a headcase, and he is dead to me.

I wouldn't get my hopes up and he's nothing more than a backup TE to me. The only reason I would even consider drafting him is Rodgers.

2 people like this

I, too, got burned by taking Finley early in '11 but the GB staff went out of their way to mention Finley's progress last year, and I think they saw something that made them give this guy one last chance. Had it not been for that, I think he would have got cut this offseason. In PPR, if we look at week 11 forward (I forget what week the comments about Finley/Rodgers chemistry were.. "resolved")

Not that bad, 11 points a game average and 10 is all it takes to be a Top 10 guy it seems.

The question is, do we think he can continue that level? I won't be drafting him, but in a plus matchup, I wouldn't be opposed to streaming him for a week or 2. Greenbay just has so many weapons though.

Nelson is banged up.

Jennings is gone.

Apparently Finley is in tremendous shape and is getting compliments from Rodgers and the coaching staff.

He's still a talented machine.

Possibly the steal of the draft?

If I can get him real late, sure, I will let him collect dust on my bench for the first 4 weeks until he inevitably gets dropped...just in case he does every live up to what we all expected him to be 3 years ago.

I think a good strategy this year is waiting on TE and taking 2-3 high upside guys near the end of the draft. He could be one of them

Hid ADP is round 8/9 in 12 team on FFC right now, I wouldn't consider that being able to get him late.

Hid ADP is round 8/9 in 12 team on FFC right now, I wouldn't consider that being able to get him late.

Yeah I didn't realize he was going that high either.

Can we take anything from him actually being targeted and productive in the week 2 preseason game? Will he see any looks when Nelson and Cobb are actually playing or are we going to see his usage be similar to that of last year? I'm wondering if there's any upside with where he's being taken this year or if we can expect more of the same.

Picked him up in the 9th round/100th pick in a 12 team league. I had him last year and hated him,. but he looks like he will vastly outproduce his projections based on his ADP. Or he could just continue to suck major **** and drop every other pass. I don't really care since i only have him to carry me over till Gronk is back.

If he ends up blowing up, he could be a big trade chip in a very weak position.

I like his potential upside, but I sure as hell don't want him as my TE1. Burned me too much previous years.

Took the gamble. I was impressed after the last preseason game Leggggoooo

I hate this dude. The only time I've ever taken a TE early was him I think it was 2 years ago and he burned me. Can't catch, he's a headcase, and he is dead to me.

And this thinking is precisely why I'm targeting him in my big money draft...Nobody wants him, he comes super cheap, and has the potential to be a top 3 TE.

2 people like this

Yeah I didn't realize he was going that high either.

I think he's ranked at 115 on ESPN mock drafts....That would make him a post 10th round pick.

yea that's too high. This guy has stone hands.. without Rodgers throwing him the rock he wouldn't even be talked about being drafted at all most likely.

I like his potential upside, but I sure as hell don't want him as my TE1. Burned me too much previous years.

I agree, I think if you mix him with another good upside TE like Cameron and you should have 1 of them put up TE1 numbers by the end of the season.

2 people like this

And this thinking is precisely why I'm targeting him in my big money draft...Nobody wants him, he comes super cheap, and has the potential to be a top 3 TE.

Haha I actually ended up with him in my first draft. It was the 11th round and I needed someone to fill in for Gronk.

I dont see why anyone wouldnt target Finley as a TE, as he is in a contract year in a prolific offense.

Rodgers has done nothing but heap praise on Finley all camp. He's in shape, Rodgers says he's running his routes better than he ever has, and that he's finally taking run blocking seriously. I think he's primed for a good season.

2 people like this

I've trusted Finley in the past and it's never worked out. That said, I feel as if this is the year he breaks out.

2 people like this

I've trusted Finley in the past and it's never worked out. That said, I feel as if this is the year he breaks out.

Battered woman syndrome.

Look it up.

1 person likes this