Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SportsFanEvan

Carlos Correa - SS HOU

After this year when Baseball America ranks him as a top 3 prospect with a possible ETA of 2015 the hype will blow up more.

2 walks and 2 steals tonight through only 2 innings to bring his total to 17. He's got some good stolen base instincts in addition to what should be elite power from a MI.

Just move him up to AA, teams are pitching around him at this point. 3bb's and 3 runs scored with a stolen base tonight. He's walked 11 times in his last 5 games, reaching base 16 times overall. Challenge him please.

Really racking up the stolen bases. They really need to move him up to AA. Even if he starts off slow there, he can work on his weaknesses better than he is now.

Really racking up the stolen bases. They really need to move him up to AA. Even if he starts off slow there, he can work on his weaknesses better than he is now.

Sooner the better. I'm hoping the Astros call him up next year at some point.

I don't think I've ever seen a RHB have this severe a split against lefties. 0-4 with 2k's tonight. So weird.

I don't think I've ever seen a RHB have this severe a split against lefties. 0-4 with 2k's tonight. So weird.

Probably the only weakness in his game. I think he can be a very useful player right now in the MLB at age 19, except vs lefties.

Probably the only weakness in his game. I think he can be a very useful player right now in the MLB at age 19, except vs lefties.

Yeah, agreed. It's just bizarre. He's destroying righties, and the zone control is unbelievable for his age, but dude can't hit lefties at all. It bodes well for his future development, especially once he taps into his natural power, and I have to imagine this is just a fluke.

Uhoh, doesn't sound good.

Astros shortstop prospect Carlos Correa suffered an apparent leg injury Saturday at High-A Lancaster.

Correa was in immediate pain after sliding over the third base bag on a triple into the left-field corner. He had to be carried off the field and was carted away from the dugout with a towel over his head. The Astros should have an update on his status Sunday morning. Correa, 19, was batting .325/.417/.504 with six home runs and 20 steals in 61 games at the beginning of play Saturday evening.

Source: Jason Schwartz on Twitter

Jun 21 - 11:24 PM

Jason Schwartz@jasondschwartz 29m

Cannot confirm during broadcast but I was told Correa’s ankle is not broken. Hopefully more good news to come. #JetHawks #Astros

Sources on Twitter are saying Carlos Correa broke his fibula, including Bleacher Report's Will Carrol.

https://twitter.com/injuryexpert

bc52e63d53212d5b35657f2808ce2e69_normal.pngWill Carroll @injuryexpert · 1h

Carlos Correa, the Astros prospect, has a broken fibula. Done on foot first slide. Told it's serious, but usually not tough rehab.

The fibula is the biggest non weight barring bone in the human body, I'm assuming he broke the fibula at the ankle and not at the knee. The severity of the injury depends on location of the fx along with type of fracture. My guess is a plate 6-8 screws and 6-8 weeks off. Best case scenario is no surgery, cast 6 weeks down.

Hoping for a quick recovery for this kid. I really believe he will be one of the best ss in the mlb for years

Ugh. Seeing several mentions he was about to get moved to AA any day now too.

Jason Schwartz@jasondschwartz 29m

Cannot confirm during broadcast but I was told Correa’s ankle is not broken. Hopefully more good news to come. #JetHawks #Astros

Ugh, thanks Schwartz! For nothin'!

Now on crawfish boxes they're saying the info coming in hasn't confirmed anything broken, that the stories running about the broken leg are premature. From the sound of things I can't see it not being serious, but if it hasn't to be something, don't be a ligament please.

People always complain about batters sliding head first, then you have guys screwing up their ankles, legs, and feet sliding foot first. There's no safe way to slide. Chances are at one point or another, you're going to hurt something.

Only report that's come out recently is that he has a "significant" injury.

Carlos Correa recently underwent season-ending surgery for a fractured fibula, according to Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow.

It was previously reported that Correa sustained a serious injury during a game on Saturday, and now we know the nature of that injury. He'll be off his feet for four weeks before being fitted for a walking boot, and Luhnow has already said he won't return this season. A trip to the Arizona Fall League is possible, but Correa is still probably at least two years from making his MLB debut anyway.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Kid has a bright future. Such an unfortunate situation.

Luhnow says he will give details on the injury tomorrow, and expects correa to miss "significant time", but did not rule out him playing in AA this year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/houston-astros-expect-carlos-correa-to-miss-significant-time?ymd=20140624&content_id=81411642&vkey=news_mlb

So much for that. Bleh

Luhnow says he will give details on the injury tomorrow, and expects correa to miss "significant time", but did not rule out him playing in AA this year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...2&vkey=news_mlb

So much for that. Bleh

Shoulda been dropped over a month ago in redraft any, long term owners seem unaffected. Rotoworld is reporting the surgery is season ending but I don't see that in the tweet they are citing.