Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SportsFanEvan

Carlos Correa - SS HOU

Luhnow says he will give details on the injury tomorrow, and expects correa to miss "significant time", but did not rule out him playing in AA this year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...2&vkey=news_mlb

So much for that. Bleh

Shoulda been dropped over a month ago in redraft any, long term owners seem unaffected. Rotoworld is reporting the surgery is season ending but I don't see that in the tweet they are citing.

Oh, I'm definitely holding. Just hate seeing the delay in his development, which should affect how soon he was coming up next season.

Man I really was enjoying following this guy... Same thing happened when I drafted Rendon, but if Correa can come back and be as good as Rendon has been, all will be ok!

I know he's down for the year with his leg injury. With that does anyone have an estimated time frame of when he will be in the mlb. And also some ballpark estimates on production. From everything I've read 80 runs 20 homers 80 RBI unsure about sb. And maybe batting 300.

I know he's down for the year with his leg injury. With that does anyone have an estimated time frame of when he will be in the mlb. And also some ballpark estimates on production. From everything I've read 80 runs 20 homers 80 RBI unsure about sb. And maybe batting 300.

Assuming he's able to have a full spring without health concerns, it's at least possible he starts 2015 at Double-A. Even if he returns to Lancaster, he could get a promotion before summer. I wouldn't expect him to reach the bigs late next year so first half of 2016 he should get to the Astros and stick.

He doesn't strike out a lot, so he should be near the top of the order until his power develops. Some home runs, lots of doubles, some steals, good OBP, not as many RBIs at this point but he'll score plenty of runs.

Assuming he's able to have a full spring without health concerns, it's at least possible he starts 2015 at Double-A. Even if he returns to Lancaster, he could get a promotion before summer. I wouldn't expect him to reach the bigs late next year so first half of 2016 he should get to the Astros and stick.

He doesn't strike out a lot, so he should be near the top of the order until his power develops. Some home runs, lots of doubles, some steals, good OBP, not as many RBIs at this point but he'll score plenty of runs.

It's probable he starts next season at AA (he was about to be promoted when he got injured), with a shot at being called up during the season. Luhnow had already been discussing Correa potentially breaking camp with the team next season, which is likely tied with Correa being more than willing to sign team friendly contracts.

Looks like he will start in AA. He could make things interesting though by midseason.

So what's the expectation here? Anyone think he has a shot to make it to the big leagues this year?

Barring injury to Lowrie (which is possible given his history) my best case scenario would be AA, midseason promotion to AAA, September call up.

I'm not sure this has been posted yet, but anyway:

Astros Future @AstrosFuture ·

Carlos Correa's last 162 MiLB games: .334 BA/.414 OBP/.491 SLG, 111 R, 212 H, 46 2B, 9 3B, 12 HR, 129 RBI, 29 SB, 80 BB/105 SO

Wow. Just wow. I see that power developing more with age too. While I don't see him debuting this year unless he absolutely obliterates AA and AAA pitching, I definitely see him in the MLB in 2016. Could he be up this year? It's possible, but in my opinion, that leg injury pushed him back a little. September call up still could be possible, but that's the earliest IMO.

I'm not sure this has been posted yet, but anyway:

Astros Future @AstrosFuture ·

Carlos Correa's last 162 MiLB games: .334 BA/.414 OBP/.491 SLG, 111 R, 212 H, 46 2B, 9 3B, 12 HR, 129 RBI, 29 SB, 80 BB/105 SO

Wow. Just wow. I see that power developing more with age too. While I don't see him debuting this year unless he absolutely obliterates AA and AAA pitching, I definitely see him in the MLB in 2016. Could he be up this year? It's possible, but in my opinion, that leg injury pushed him back a little. September call up still could be possible, but that's the earliest IMO.

Bold prediction: if he rakes in AA to start the season and is willing to sign a team friendly contract he's up by June...

If the Astros suck this year I can see him not getting anytime in the bigs this year and then coming up a couple weeks into 2016 like what is happening with Bryant. The only way I can see him up in June is if Correa is absolutely killing it and the Astros are not just sniffing a division/wild card spot, but have the lead in one of them.With that said, super excited about him. One of only a couple of the top tier guys who can really mash and play SS.

If the Astros suck this year I can see him not getting anytime in the bigs this year and then coming up a couple weeks into 2016 like what is happening with Bryant. The only way I can see him up in June is if Correa is absolutely killing it and the Astros are not just sniffing a division/wild card spot, but have the lead in one of them.With that said, super excited about him. One of only a couple of the top tier guys who can really mash and play SS.

Honestly, I don't see winning having anything to do with it. The team control is what Luhnlw cares about.

@JetHawks: Carlos Correa is 3-for-3 with a home run, double and 2 RBIs in todays #AstrosST game and its only the 6th inning.

Probably next year, but Jed does get hurt a lot.... :)

I doubt they call him up to fill in for Jed Lowrie if they're not in it.

Barring injury to Lowrie (which is possible given his history) my best case scenario would be AA, midseason promotion to AAA, September call up.

Sounds about right.

Sounds about right.

I think everyone keeps forgetting that what the Astros have clearly shown, and what they clearly value and use to incentive players, is if you sign a team friendly deal they will promote you as soon as they think you can hold your own. I imagine Correa signs that contract, he already took below slot as the top pick, if he's mashing in AA a month or two into the season. Doesn't really bother be where Lowrie is, hell move him to third. Or the bench.

Would love for him to sign a team friendly deal and make it up in the second half this year.

Just read this on CBSSports....it's not breaking news but it's good to know the possibility is there. Forget AAA!!

Luhnow: Astros won't hesitate to call up Correa, Appel from Double-A

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com

(12 hrs ago) Astros prospects Carlos Correa and Mark Appel will begin the 2015 season at Double-A Corpus Christi, but they might not need a stint at Triple-A Fresno before making it to The Show.

"We're not going to hesitate to bring them straight up from Double-A if the need arises," general manager Jeff Luhnow told MLB Network Radio on Thursday.

Correa and Appel are ranked as the Astros' top prospects by MLB.com and Baseball America.

Just read this on CBSSports....it's not breaking news but it's good to know the possibility is there. Forget AAA!!

Luhnow: Astros won't hesitate to call up Correa, Appel from Double-A

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com

(12 hrs ago) Astros prospects Carlos Correa and Mark Appel will begin the 2015 season at Double-A Corpus Christi, but they might not need a stint at Triple-A Fresno before making it to The Show.

"We're not going to hesitate to bring them straight up from Double-A if the need arises," general manager Jeff Luhnow told MLB Network Radio on Thursday.

Correa and Appel are ranked as the Astros' top prospects by MLB.com and Baseball America.

That makes things a little interesting....