Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fletch44

Brandon Workman 2013 Outlook

16 posts in this topic

Suprised there is no thread on Workman. He's dealt back to back QS vs TB and @ OAK, both good offensive teams, and looked pretty impressive. When Bucholz comes back he's likely squeezed out of the rotation but for now I think he's defintely worth a look in deeper leagues.

He is actually considered an A prospect, needs to mature into his talent. They were thinking of him as the closer of the future as in soon, next year or two.

Looked really good tonight, especially with the 9K's

Really only had 2 innings where he gave anything up, the rest were dominant.

This guy looks poised and should be a pickup and/or hold in 12+ teamers

So does he stick in the rotation or just a spot start?

He's in the rotation at least until Buchholz comes back in late August, then we'll see....

The kid attacks and attacks. I like his makeup, and he's a competitor for sure. Not sure if he's one to trust down the stretch, but he was impressive tonight, and definitely was against Oakland earlier.

Dont' forget he no-hit Balt through 5 innings as well

kid has been impressive thusfar

Hmmm... if the Sox land Peavy that could make things interesting for Mr. Workman

What happens to this kid if this happens...

Jake Peavy - S - White Sox

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox are in "serious" talks for Jake Peavy.

It's not clear who would potentially be going to the White Sox in the deal. Jackie Bradley was removed from Tuesday's game at Triple-A Pawtucket, but it appears to be because of a minor elbow injury. It's worth noting that Jose Iglesias was also pulled from Tuesday's game. ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reported previously that Peavy could go to the Sox in a three-way deal that would send Ian Kennedy to the Angels, but it's not known whether that's the deal that might be going down or if it's a trade just involving the Red Sox and White Sox.

Ahhh...midlip saw the same thing at the same time! And then there's Bucholz....definitely a "hold" situation but that Peavy trade could be a bit of a problem....

Workman would head to the bullpen most likely. Sox need a right-handed arm in the pen anyway so the Peavy trade might kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I hate to agree with ya Roto, since I sure liked Workman in my rotation, but it looks like you will be correct in your post....oh well, it was fun while it lasted!!!

Shhhhhh. He's a sleeper for next year. I like his make-up. Live fastball that runs away from lefties and is hard to pick up because of the hitch in his delivery. He seems to know what he's doing out there. Also very good at climbing the ladder.