Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Harris was a monster for me last year, but this thread is making me look at Harkless as a better and probably cheaper pick in my keeper league.

As someone who picked Harkless up off the waiver wire last year, I don't understand the hype around him this year.

The hype is building. I think most of it is his young age. If he's this good at 19, how good can he be when he's 21? That's the hype. That's why it hard for me to get hyped up about a guy like Jeff Green. You'd think he'd be the man by now at his relatively old age. I feel like last season was an outlier in his already long career.

Harris was a monster for me last year, but this thread is making me look at Harkless as a better and probably cheaper pick in my keeper league.

As someone who picked Harkless up off the waiver wire last year, I don't understand the hype around him this year.

The hype is building. I think most of it is his young age. If he's this good at 19, how good can he be when he's 21? That's the hype. That's why it hard for me to get hyped up about a guy like Jeff Green. You'd think he'd be the man by now at his relatively old age. I feel like last season was an outlier in his already long career.

Don't want to hijack this thread and talk about Jeff Green but I think you're assessment is wrong and I will post after this on the Jeff Green thread.

Regarding THarris, I'm liking him more and more as it seems like GDavis' injury issues are lingering and the team has every reason to give Harris a lot of minutes this season as they continue to build for the future.

ESPN has him slotted at 35.4 Min a game. 17.5pts, 1.3blks, 1 steal, 1.8ast, 8.2rbs, 1 3PM whats not to love about that stat line?? Why does this thread seem to think he is closer to the 20min 11 pt version?

Because Orlando has also Glen Davis and Andrew Nicholson, and they will get minutes too, especially Big Baby. IMO Harris will back up both forward spots and will be the offensive spark off the bench. Not bad, but not ESPN stats.

I don't see Tobias Harris coming off the bench in Orl. He will be starting from day 1 as they are in a rebuilding mode and Tobias is one of the focal points of this 'rebuild'.

ESPN has him slotted at 35.4 Min a game. 17.5pts, 1.3blks, 1 steal, 1.8ast, 8.2rbs, 1 3PM whats not to love about that stat line?? Why does this thread seem to think he is closer to the 20min 11 pt version?

First rule if you want to succeed in fantasy anything is to not pay attention what Rotoworld posters say. Especially people who say Nicholson will be a threat to Harris's minutes.

First rule if you want to succeed in fantasy anything is to not pay attention what Rotoworld posters say.

I am not sure why you would waste your time here after that statement.

Unsure what SF tier to place Tobias in. Is he better than Pierce, Hayward, W. Matthews, etc.? He's closer to the Marion, Korver, W. Chandler class imo and should be picked in the 80+ range.

he is way better than pierce this year, pierce has zero upside, harris is all upside. i'm not worried about harkless he can't hit a jump shot to save his life. davis is garbage and orlando will dump his a** as soon as they get a taker. harris is their future, hell right now he's their franchise.

Don't want to hijack this thread and talk about Jeff Green but I think you're assessment is wrong and I will post after this on the Jeff Green thread.

Regarding THarris, I'm liking him more and more as it seems like GDavis' injury issues are lingering and the team has every reason to give Harris a lot of minutes this season as they continue to build for the future.

Hello Green was stuck behind some scrubs named Durant, Westbrook, Pierce, and Garnett, and he had some heart attack injury that sidelined him for a year. Some players, whether situation, learning/adjustment curve, injury, or whatever, just take longer to break out than others...

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, October 22, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, October 22, 2013 - No reason given

Would you guys take Tobias or Paul Pierce? They are "ranked" at around the same place for Yahoo drafts

Posted · Hidden by Patrick Bateman, October 22, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Patrick Bateman, October 22, 2013 - No reason given

Would you guys take Tobias or Paul Pierce? They are "ranked" at around the same place for Yahoo drafts

Harris. Pierce isn't going to get as many minutes as he used to and will be rested a lot.

OL TOBY just went to the locker room with an ankle injury. Looks like he came down on someone's foot. Probably not serious. Here's hoping, anyway.

Looked great in the 16 minutes he played though.

Not sold on him being better than the Truth. Even when Harris was on fire last season, he was playing 40mins/gm and was still ranked just 60th overall due to iffy %s and TOs. 60th value is almost Pierce's floor and not too far off Tobias' ceiling this year imo.

So in preseason he is coming from the bench this year. Do you think his value will decrease because of this?

as seen above likely because they want him to play with oladipo