Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Tobias Harris is not expected to play on Friday, according to John Denton.

Harris could miss more time with his ankle injury that was apparently more serious than initially reported. Hopefully he'll be back by the end of next week, but owners should plan on benching him for a few more games.

First Beverley, now Tobi...great.

In other words... the The Magic Tank Bus is in full swing.

Damn.

I really needed his scoring.

Still, i'm hoping tanking is the reason he's not playing yet. He's gonna come back better after a few games of resting his ankle.

It'd be worse if he's actually not playing yet because of his ankle...

Anyway, patience.... sucks :)

Last page of this thread noted that the opposing announcers said on the broadcast that Tobias would be out a couple of weeks. I'm not so sure they didn't get some inside info as they had their production meeting prior to the broadcast. All while the Magic use their magic spin doctoring wand on the public.

Last page of this thread noted that the opposing announcers said on the broadcast that Tobias would be out a couple of weeks. I'm not so sure they didn't get some inside info as they had their production meeting prior to the broadcast. All while the Magic use their magic spin doctoring wand on the public.

I definitely heard them correctly, they mentioned he himself said 2 weeks so its a legitimate timetable for his recovery. Realistically speaking he should be back sometime late next week.

I didn't hear them say that, but I also had a few YOUTUBE videos on pretty loud in the background. If that is the case, then the offense should hopefully give Oladipo more opportunity to become a star, and Afflalo should be showcased for a nearing trade.

I'm big on Tobias this year. If he can improve on his efficiency, we could be looking at Batum type numbers in the near future. He is big upside and I believe he, Oladipo and Vuvecic could be a solid young 3 headed monster to frustrate some teams this year.

At least change his status so I can add him to IR. DTD is a fantasy player's worst enemy.

this is the guy i'm most excited about on my team so it sucks he won't be playing this week haa fack.

With big baby coming...and the other wings...i don't know how valuable he will be.

With big baby coming...and the other wings...i don't know how valuable he will be.

He'll be fine. Baby is more of a threat to Vucevic of however you spell his name

Still listed as DTD on ESPN X.X

John Denton@JohnDenton555

#Magic PF Tobias Harris is still weeks away from returning. His ankle sprain 2 weeks ago was a severe one. Not even back practicing yet

well Fck me, right! I guess the Magic broadcast did have some inside info during the first game.

John Denton@JohnDenton555

#Magic PF Tobias Harris is still weeks away from returning. His ankle sprain 2 weeks ago was a severe one. Not even back practicing yet

well Fck me, right! I guess the Magic broadcast did have some inside info during the first game.

Oh what the hell, this is the first time I've seen "weeks" used anywhere. Kind of frustrating Roto's been suggesting he might not miss all his games this week. Gah.

what would piss me off is if after we wait all this time he comes back to a timeshare

Tobias Harris - F - Magic

Tobias Harris (ankle) is "weeks away from returning," according to reports.

The ankle sprain is now being called "severe," worse than initially thought. He is not practicing Saturday. This is a blow to fantasy owners who drafted Harris expecting him to build on strong numbers last year. Ankle sprains can be fickle injuries, and the situation will need to be monitored.

Source: John Denton on Twitter

Nov 2 - 11:29 AM

I'm okay with it as long as he comes back and starts. The Magic scare me, because they look tank ready. Plus Big Baby is returning soon, and Harkless is playing well.

Anybody dropping him? I'm holding for now, but it's been bad news every week for Tobias.

I'll be holding on to him for at least a couple of weeks, giving him time to get back on the court and then to see how his minutes and production shake out before I even consider dropping him. He helped me win a couple championships last year with his well-rounded production, so while its gonna suck to have that empty spot on my roster until he heals up, I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

His upside and minutes potential are too great. I mean look at his 2nd half last year. He carried this team for a stretch. The Magic are gonna load the minutes up for their young players. Harris is a stud if he can keep getting 30+ minutes which looks perfectly likely given the depth of this team

Frustrating, especially because this is probably at least partially tank-motivated. They probably also withheld the news a few days to sell more season tickets.