Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

young_styler

Tobias Harris 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Sucks that I have Tobias, Kobe, Dragic & J.R. Smith. Already dropped Patrick Beverly and Wilson Chandler for Miles Plumlee and Lance Stephenson. I'm really short on players this week as I'm missing four. Really considering of dropping Tobias but don't want to regret it at the end..... Marion, Joe Johnson & Danny Green are all available for pickup.

Wow. Brilliant way of decorating the basic, "Should I drop Harris for Marion, Johnson, or Green?" into a paragraph question. You must be an English Major. Or just one clever dude.

Lmao he was just trying to be sneaky... :D

Sucks that I have Tobias, Kobe, Dragic & J.R. Smith. Already dropped Patrick Beverly and Wilson Chandler for Miles Plumlee and Lance Stephenson. I'm really short on players this week as I'm missing four. Really considering of dropping Tobias but don't want to regret it at the end..... Marion, Joe Johnson & Danny Green are all available for pickup.

Cry me a river

Yea if he doesn't have to wear a walking boot now then it'll take 2-4 weeks for him to rehab and strength it

Tank mode is in full effect for the Magic. So frustrating. I'm betting it'll be a ridiculous 3-4 weeks before he plays a single game just because that'll get the Magic that much closer to drafting Wiggins. I'm wondering how many weeks my 9 man team (should be 10) will win me without him and if that is worth holding onto him. I used to think holding onto him would be worth it, but now I'm thinking I can't afford to go 0-4 or 1-3 over the next month.

Tank mode is in full effect for the Magic. So frustrating. I'm betting it'll be a ridiculous 3-4 weeks before he plays a single game just because that'll get the Magic that much closer to drafting Wiggins. I'm wondering how many weeks my 9 man team (should be 10) will win me without him and if that is worth holding onto him. I used to think holding onto him would be worth it, but now I'm thinking I can't afford to go 0-4 or 1-3 over the next month.

I feel the same way brother. Just picked him up in a 10-man league and my roster is healthy. However, with only 4 moves per week I am not sure if I made the right decision with the magics situation. He's definitely worth the hold with IR or deep leagues but I'm really trying to figure out if it's worth it in 10 or lower

Have they confirmed that this is a high ankle sprain? All indications so far point that way.

This reminds me of the ankle injury to Bradley Beal last season. Injured it, came back too early, re-injured and was out for about 3-4 weeks after that. It was a severe ankle sprain as well.

With that said, I don't care how long it takes as long as he comes back and gets the minutes he deserves.

With that said, I don't care how long it takes as long as he comes back and gets the minutes he deserves.

Amen. I'm in a espn league with an IR so this gives me alitttle space to play around for a few weeks with the free agency pool.. but when he gets back i want that production i payed for in the 5th round..

Yea I agree with most of the sentiment in this post.

1. Fustrating for him to sit
  2. He is worth the wait
  3. Would rather him sit a little longer to ensure he is fully healthy than to come back to early

Dropped Iman shumpert and picked him up off waivers too hold him for the next few weeks. It's a money league so I am really hoping this pans out. Good news for me is the team I am playing this week has lou williams on his roster and so we will just have the same amount of players and the next 2 weeks are teams I feel I can beat with the roster I have even if I hold out. (No IR spots)

Building for a playoff run and if Harris can live up to 5-6 round value I feel I just got a steal for a deep roster mid-season.

Question though:

When big baby comes back, do you think harris minutes can be strongly effected or will he move to the 3 and start there?

Out of all their sf/pf tweeters, harris is the most talented and the one that has shown that level of talent for a sustained period of time. I think the magic believe he's their go to scorer so you shouldn't really have to wiry about minutes once he comes back. He'll get some at the 3 and at the 4.

he only played 55 games last year, anyone know why? Was he benched or hurt?

Scott skiles

He apparently had some sort of elbow injury when he was still with the Bucks that caused him to miss 7 games. All the rest were DNP-CD when Skiles was in charge in Milwaukee.

Blegh... I'm going to have to drop Gallo if I don't hear news about Tobias soon. Even if it was bad news like 1.5 months away it would help with the decision. I know as soon as I drop Gallo I'll hear he'll be back soon and I'll lose the Spicy One to a higher claim... Le sigh

the wait sucks. If only we knew a timeline for his return.

I am really hoping the wait pays off and he doesn't get the short end of the stick when it comes to time share.

I had Tobias Harris last year when he blew up near the end of the season. I havent forgotten WHY he blew up though. Nelson, Big Baby and Afflalo were all out injured for the season at that point and ORL were in full tank mode. Even Harkless was a stud back then. Look at him now. Temper your expectations of Harris. When ORL get back to full strength you'll see why.

I kinda agree with paqman78 on this. I didn't think about it when I drafted him in the 7th round, but I can see his point.

At this point I am unsure if I should drop Tobias for Gallinari or not.

I had Tobias Harris last year when he blew up near the end of the season. I havent forgotten WHY he blew up though. Nelson, Big Baby and Afflalo were all out injured for the season at that point and ORL were in full tank mode. Even Harkless was a stud back then. Look at him now. Temper your expectations of Harris. When ORL get back to full strength you'll see why.

His 1/1/1 is what makes him valuable and he still put up 8.5 rebs next to Vucevic last year, those are the only numbers I care about and those are numbers that he can get playing next to anyone.

Also saw this tweet this morning while searching for a status update.. Looks like another 2-3 weeks =\

Josh Robbins@JoshuaBRobbins 12h

Lots of ?s about Tobias Harris and Glen Davis. They remained in Fla to rehab. Their returns to game action are not imminent.