Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

klove42

Andre Rienzo 2013 Outlook

18 posts in this topic

Just got the call to replace Peavy in the rotation tonight. He has been on fire at AAA last ten starts, including throwing a 7 inning no no last time out. Good Ks, walks too many batters.

Anyone taking the chance on him? I am in a spot start tonight, I feel like he could stick if Peavy gets traded.

Kazmir pitching for Tribe. Sox have worst record of all teams this year against lefties, and Kazmir has been pitching well for the past month.

May just be a spot start, probably depends on his outing. He's a tall, athletic guy with a high arm slot with great extension that makes his pitches seem a bit faster. Decent 4 seamer, improving 2 seamer. His best pitch is supposedly his big curve ball. His change is pretty poor. Never can tell with guys like this. The light may have come on as he's older, 24 or 25, or it just could be a really good run in AAA. I've read report that he's probably destined for the bullpen unless his change comes on. 50/50 proposition on call-ups b/c there's not much of a book and guys have never seen him. He could be Taylor Jordan or he could be Burch Smith. Who knows.....

Pretty solid start tonight. Too many walks but still has a nice line.

Also pitched through an injury to his Achilles covering first - I was impressed with his stuff and composure.

1 person likes this

He was on fire in the Minors before the callup. Liked what i saw tonight, if he cuts down on the walks he could be a real good starter.

He was on fire in the Minors before the callup. Liked what i saw tonight, if he cuts down on the walks he could be a real good starter.

Lots of guys would be real good starters if they could cut down on their walks :)

Lots of guys would be real good starters if they could cut down on their walks :)

Ain't that the truth.

He's facing a terrible Tigers Lineup, regardless he's faced the Indians and Tigers and hasn't given up an ER in 13 innings so far, pretty good start to a career.

This guy is a heck of a pitcher - he officially has my attention.

Control completely abandoned him in the seventh - and some bad OF defense permitted a run to cross, then pulled. But this guy straight dominated a quite-good Tigers lineup at DET.

Impressive once again.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, August 4, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

dropped

seems like a nice stream option tomorrow vs. MIN

Yessir. This kid has been on quite a nice run recently.