Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krupocin

Terrence Jones 2013-2014 Season Outlook

Terrence Jones - F - Rockets

Rockets forward Terrence Jones was arrested in Portland early Wednesday morning and charged with harassment.

According to police, Jones, a Portland native, was leaving an area night club early Wednesday morning when an officer observed Jones walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping. The officer says Jones proceeded to yell "Wake up!" at the men, then raised his leg and stomped down on one of the men. The 46-year-old victim received a minor leg injury and did not require medical attention, according to police.

Sociopath maybe? Could explain why a guy with this much talent couldn't buy more than a few minutes of PT on a team that stuck with Royce White for a whole season, doesn't seem to mind drafting nutters, and has only a Lithuanian who can't even drink legally at the PF spot.

Wow, no wonder he hasn't been getting much playing time. Loads of talent for sure, but man... Sad story to hear.

RW has Greg Smith starting at PF, but smh at this guy

Greg Smith is a solid player but I really don't think he can play next to Howard for long stretches. He was ok next to Asik but Omer demands alot less offensive touches and time spent down on the block with the ball. I really think Motiejunas is the right type of player to be next to Howard, but I am not sure if he's the right guy for it. I thought Terrence Jones looked good, but you know whenever something like this makes it into the news it gives us a little view into what someone is like, it's probably only 5% of the story which is pretty scary. I was a jacka$s when I was drunk in college, and I definitely f'ed up some property, but even with my craziest friends would I ever have kicked a homeless man like that.

RW has Greg Smith starting at PF, but smh at this guy

Greg Smith is a solid player but I really don't think he can play next to Howard for long stretches. He was ok next to Asik but Omer demands alot less offensive touches and time spent down on the block with the ball. I really think Motiejunas is the right type of player to be next to Howard, but I am not sure if he's the right guy for it. I thought Terrence Jones looked good, but you know whenever something like this makes it into the news it gives us a little view into what someone is like, it's probably only 5% of the story which is pretty scary. I was a jacka$s when I was drunk in college, and I definitely f'ed up some property, but even with my craziest friends would I ever have kicked a homeless man like that.

Yes what a douche bag. You know karma though, he will be homeless getting kicked if he doesn't learn from this

Do you guys think he can beat out Motie and Smith for the starting spot?

He's one of my favourite deep sleepers this year. 1.1 steals and 1.9 blocks in just 23 MPG over the last month of the season

Rockets training cmp vids on youtube showed T-Jones to look VERY good. He outplayed D-Mo and Covington (summer league player that made the cut).

Jones had a very smooth 3pt jumper which tells me his is the right fit for Howard. His jumper looks better than D-Mo.

As far as as the Houston PF situation goes, it's really only Jones vs D-Mo. Smith will cover extra minutes at bothe C and PF.

Jones is the most talented but awful attitude.

D-Mo has incredibly great attitude. He's confident like a superstar, yet still knows he has to work to actually get there. And he has been training with Hakeem as often as Dwight has. He shows the effort unlike Jones.

So it's a hard call because Jones is seriously the best PF they have. His motor though may stop him taking the starters role.

Rockets training cmp vids on youtube showed T-Jones to look VERY good. He outplayed D-Mo and Covington (summer league player that made the cut).

Jones had a very smooth 3pt jumper which tells me his is the right fit for Howard. His jumper looks better than D-Mo.

As far as as the Houston PF situation goes, it's really only Jones vs D-Mo. Smith will cover extra minutes at bothe C and PF.

Jones is the most talented but awful attitude.

D-Mo has incredibly great attitude. He's confident like a superstar, yet still knows he has to work to actually get there. And he has been training with Hakeem as often as Dwight has. He shows the effort unlike Jones.

So it's a hard call because Jones is seriously the best PF they have. His motor though may stop him taking the starters role.

We also have to consider Asik. he's still going to be in the rotation.

If Jones becomes the starter, is it safe to say that he won't get starter minutes but instead a timeshare of sorts with D-Mo and/or Smith?

No RW blurb? Solid minutes last night- 23 minutes. D Mo didn't look great.

I think it is fair to say that the fight is probably between D-Mo and T Jones at this point for the starting PF

keeping a watchful eye on Jones. Given thirty minutes a game those defensive numbers could make him fairly valuable, will get some open threes and score and rebound a bit.

I don't think the rotation of PF/C works itself out until well into the season. I like D-Mot and Jones if either cracks 30. I smell a late season waiver pickup.

Officially starting tonight. Do we think he's the new starting PF with 30 minutes a night? 2.0 blks upside with those minutes?

Officially starting tonight. Do we think he's the new starting PF with 30 minutes a night? 2.0 blks upside with those minutes?

this is a matchup situation, sixers run a small lineup with young at the 4. i hope he plays well though

always liked this kid. he reminds me of a paul millsap type with more blocks. not saying he's that good, but his upside/potential is pretty high. 21 years old with an all around game. not a bad gamble for a 1% owned player.

this is a matchup situation, sixers run a small lineup with young at the 4. i hope he plays well though

Rotoworld thinks it's permanent. Houston loves to spread the floor and they've had no chance to do that with Asik at the 4 not being able to ever be a scoring threat outside of 5 feet.

"Omer Asik will come off the bench on Wednesday against the Sixers.

Terrence Jones has beaten him out for the job and it seems like this is not a matchup-based move. Asik has really no game outside of five feet from the basket on either end of the floor and opponents have taken advantage. He can be cut in most leagues since he doesn't do much outside of blocks and boards to begin with."

VERY EXCITED about this news. I've been waiting on this all year and I doubt they'll go back to the Asik/D12 pairing in the frontcourt. As long as he plays 25 minutes or more, how can you go wrong with those defensive stats? Could probably wait to see how he goes, but I don't want to risk it. BIG upside for fantasy and there's a defined role for him right there. I'm not cutting anyone of real consequence but definitely trying to find room for a speculative add wherever I can.

A block and a three already in the first quarter. Yumm.

He's a must add IMO to see how this shakes out. If you're a fan of per-36 numbers, he was #32 overall last season in limited minutes (14.5 mpg in 19 games) on BBM, with most notably 1.6/2.5 stl/blk - this is tremendous potential. I'd confidently say that he'd hold standard league value even with just 25 mpg.

He's a must add IMO to see how this shakes out. If you're a fan of per-36 numbers, he was #32 overall last season in limited minutes (14.5 mpg in 19 games) on BBM, with most notably 1.6/2.5 stl/blk - this is tremendous potential. I'd confidently say that he'd hold standard league value even with just 25 mpg.

He's taken 2 three's so far in the game so if he can tack that on to those juicy stocks he'll have mid to late round value easily.

He's taken 2 three's so far in the game so if he can tack that on to those juicy stocks he'll have mid to late round value easily.

His value will largely depend on minutes, volume / %s, but I think we are talking early round potential if everything falls into place. There's absolutely no guarantee that happens, but I think his stock numbers are strong enough that he'll have value as long as he is effective enough to earn at least 25 mpg.

Gonna tune into the game @ work now :). My philosophy with high potential is add now, think later.

Edit: Just to illustrate where #32 overall is in terms of per-36 production - Bledsoe was #25 overall and Beverley was #29, and you'll see plenty of other early rounders in this general area. Do note that 14.5 mpg in 19 games is a pretty small sample though, however.