Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flippy

Larry Sanders 2013-2014 Season Outlook

2,638 posts in this topic

can he replicate or surpass his stats from last season?

zaza, henson, ilyasova...frontcourt players of the bucks that i can remember.

Yes, I think he can. Pre all-star game he was 25 min per game and delivered 8.5 pts, 8.5 rebs, 3.2 blocks. Post asg, his minutes went to 30 pg and his number went to 12 pts, 11 rebs, and a more sustainable 2.3 blocks. I don't see anything in Mil's rotation curtailing his minutes or production.

Yes, I think he can. Pre all-star game he was 25 min per game and delivered 8.5 pts, 8.5 rebs, 3.2 blocks. Post asg, his minutes went to 30 pg and his number went to 12 pts, 11 rebs, and a more sustainable 2.3 blocks. I don't see anything in Mil's rotation curtailing his minutes or production.

The only thing that will curtail Sanders is his temperament. Those ejections and his high foul rate may hold him back.

Yup. Uptick in pts and rebounds solely due to more consistency, and probably regression to the mean for his blocks as teams adjust. His biggest threat is probably Henson stealing minutes and rebounds.

i have him last year and won BLKS almost every week.. post-all star stats are legit although blks goes down by mid-march to april.. hope he's not a one-hit wonder.. nice one jp :)

i have him last year and won BLKS almost every week.. post-all star stats are legit although blks goes down by mid-march to april.. hope he's not a one-hit wonder.. nice one jp :)

lol. i am hoping i can nab him.

How will he respond to 44m?

Sounds like a matured young man willing to take responsibility in his press conference.

I am not sure what to expect from him.

How will he respond to 44m?

Sounds like a matured young man willing to take responsibility in his press conference.

I am not sure what to expect from him.

If by 44m, you are referring to 44 minutes per game, you won't have to worry about how he'll respond. Luol Deng led the league last year with 38.7 mpg, so 44 mpg is insane, especially for a big.

13.1 ppg

11.1 rpg

3.2 bpg

53% fg

He is going to love not having to play wiith the 2 biggest ballhog guards in the NBA , Ellis and Jennings.

He may even average 14-15 ppg.

That's definitely the high end of projections that I've seen. Has he secretly been developing a post game that's blossomed over the summer? It's pretty hard to average 15ppg without one.

That's definitely the high end of projections that I've seen. Has he secretly been developing a post game that's blossomed over the summer? It's pretty hard to average 15ppg without one.

His offensive game is underrated

I don't see more than about 12PPG but I think the other stockton2malone numbers can be acheived. Maybe the blocks are a bit optimistic as well. He had some monster block numbers last season but eventually other teams learned to match their offensive game to his defense and his block numbers decreased toward the end of the season.

12-13pts, 10-11rbds, 2.5+ blocks is what I'm expecting this year. Can't wait for the Larry Sanders Show to start up once again!

im mildly concerned about sanders. i actually liked him better when he wasnt relied upon to score at all and could come in and go as hard as he could on the defensive end and then clean up bj and monta's bricks on the offensive end.

i honestly couldn't care less about his points. all i want is for him to be his usual "im going to try to block every single shot no matter how small the chance" self. sure it gets him in foul trouble sometimes, but i'd rather that than him playing tentatively on defense so he can stay on the floor en route to 12ppg.

1 person likes this

the preseason stats are worrisome to say the least. he was really my only "vanity pick" this year as i had to reach a bit to grab him, he was just so much fun last year. the stats have been a little troubling, but i'm trying to chalk it up to new chemistry, the bucks are about as different from last years' squad as any team could ever be.

The blocks and rebs will still be there. Those are the stats that players tend to keep no matter where or who they play with. But if you are expecting him to shoulder a bigger load on offense, then you'll probably disappoint yourself.

Im happy if he retains his stats from last season. Yeah his defense should be there but he's not even hitting double digits rebounds this preseason afaik.