Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flippy

Larry Sanders 2013-2014 Season Outlook

i knew i should have tried to trade him off a few days ago :( heres to hoping its just a bad game..

his foul trouble is the only reason i hesitated before picking sanders over ibaka, horford, etc... arg..

You picked Sanders over Ibaka? That was pretty dumb.

sure looks like it after this game.

"Oh, it's just preseason." "Oh, it's just Game 1"

At what point are we allowed to panic? I need to know before other people notice and his value goes down

stop freaking out people. refs are calling a bunch of fouls in the beginning of the season. few players have already fouled out in their first game. no reason to panic. the TOs are high for all players too because refs are calling travels too

At what point are we allowed to panic? I need to know before other people notice and his value goes down

I wish you played in my league so I could get him for a bag of peanuts.. I'm definitely trying to buy right now

its clear youre already panicking. there is no set time though. people kept saying dont panic about hibbert all year last year and his awful fg% stuck around until march. it's all about what you think. if you think he's unmotivated after getting paid, cant stay out of foul trouble, teams have figured him out, and think the preseason/game 1 are a foreshadowing of things to come then trade him now at a discount. if you think this is just one meaningless foul ridden game then wait a little while and if youre still not happy with him sell him after a hot blocking stretch. nobody can predict the future.

its clear youre already panicking. there is no set time though. people kept saying dont panic about hibbert all year last year and his awful fg% stuck around until march. it's all about what you think. if you think he's unmotivated after getting paid, cant stay out of foul trouble, teams have figured him out, and think the preseason/game 1 are a foreshadowing of things to come then trade him now at a discount. if you think this is just one meaningless foul ridden game then wait a little while and if youre still not happy with him sell him after a hot blocking stretch. nobody can predict the future.

Let the dude panick, there are plenty of us out there that are willing to snatch him for a bargain price.

lmao @ people panicking over a bad opening night game

The Larry Sanders show will be in full swing very soon

I just traded him for Vucevic and I am pretty relieved. Although maybe I will regret it later.

Well for your guys' information, he had som stupid offensive fouls off setting moving screens, etc. Got 2 foul quick in the first quarter and sat. Then got another foul after he came out. Ended up having 5 fouls in 12 minutes.. buy low from panicking owner like Zorak.

do you guys think sanders this year will be on par with his stats last year? he blew up last year but this year they have a new coach and new players around him.

my initial thought (after bucks gave him fat contract) was they are going to use him as a cornerstone... can't do that when you pick up 5 fouls in 12 mins and sit rest of the way.

one of the main concerns i have about sanders this year is his coach.

larry drew is a nightmare for any big men not named zaza pachulia. last year horford complained about not getting enough plays integrated for him offensively and defensively - and all the while seeing drew keep calling plays for devin harris. no wonder the hawks let drew go during the summer.

i have sanders and henson in my league and it is my ardent wish that the bucks fire drew soon. he's a stubborn, guard-first coach that doesn't fit with milwaukee's promising frontcourt.

one of the main concerns i have about sanders this year is his coach.

larry drew is a nightmare for any big men not named zaza pachulia. last year horford complained about not getting enough plays integrated for him offensively and defensively - and all the while seeing drew keep calling plays for devin harris. no wonder the hawks let drew go during the summer.

i have sanders and henson in my league and it is my ardent wish that the bucks fire drew soon. he's a stubborn, guard-first coach that doesn't fit with milwaukee's promising frontcourt.

Nobody should've drafted sanders for his offense. How is a new coach going to affect his blocks and boards? As long as he gets close to 30mpg and has the same hustle as last year I don't see anything to worry about

^^ yeah the 0/3 4rebs 1blk performance is hard to stomach for a 2/3 rounder

He shouldn't be drafted in the 2/3 round that's the problem, there's a plethora of big man better than him.

He shouldn't be drafted in the 2/3 round that's the problem, there's a plethora of big man better than him.

If by round 2/3 we mean somewhere in the top 25-35 range, then yes, I don't see the problem with him being drafted that early. He finished #29 last year in his first year as a starter, while only logging 27 mpg. The guy has tremendous upside. If he works on his attraction to fouls, which will help him stay on the court longer, there is absolutely no reason why he can't improve on his ranking.

It's just one game, fellas.

Yeah tremixt but his preseason was terrible too , so im afraid too . CMON LARRY I NEED A BIG GAME FROM YOU TONIGHT