Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dewaser

Austin Collie 2013 Season Outlook

257 posts in this topic

Another concussion.

Nah but seriously, I like him a lot from his days with Peyton, if he stays healthy he can be a stud.

interesting signing, although it kinda reeks of desperation because Niners are simply currently running out of bodies for WR spots.

no idea on his usage, but he wont start on top of the depth chart unless everyone injured right now cant play to open the season

I'd take him anywhere after round 8*

Al Davis

*as long as they let him wear the red 'no contact' jersey in real games.

I just picked him up as a free agent... They really have hardly any weapons and this guy could be solid in a PPR league

He'll be average in my opinion. Ultimate ceiling is low end WR2.

thats pretty damn generous imo

He'll be average in my opinion. Ultimate ceiling is low end WR2.

thats pretty damn generous imo

Haha thats why I said "ultimate ceiling". I don't expect it to happen at all. But Collie has talent and with Crabtree out, a good quarterback, and health permitting, maybe he could put up some numbers. Maybe.

I have no idea what to make of this. But I grabbed him in a 16 team league for the heck of it. I can always cut him later.

lol, way too many mouths to feed now for Pats receivers.

Denver Broncos

Gronk, Dola, Collie, Edelman, Thompkins, Dobson - No way I'd roster anyone below Dola.

Denver Broncos

Gronk, Dola, Collie, Edelman, Thompkins, Dobson - No way I'd roster anyone below Dola.

As of right now Gronk and Amendola aren't playing.

Denver Broncos

I'd only put Gronk and Amendola over Collie. Collie would be their Decker in the least

Denver Broncos

As of right now Gronk and Amendola aren't playing.

Neither is Collie. He's got to have time to get in game shape AND not get hurt trying. Gronk and Dola will be back before then.

FWIW RW only thinks its as insurance. I'm leaning towards agreeing.

Danny Amendola (groin), Aaron Dobson (neck), Kenbrell Thompkins (shoulder) and Matt Slater (wrist) were all on the injury report Wednesday. Collie is being added to the roster as depth, not a savior for the receiving corps. In fact, it's hard to see him getting many snaps -- or even being active -- with Amendola and Julian Edelman hogging the slot role. Collie has had his own laundry list of health problems, missing 22 games over the last three seasons due to concussions and a ruptured patellar tendon. Only owners in the deepest of leagues need to consider a speculative add.

Denver Broncos

I'd only put Gronk and Amendola over Collie. Collie would be their Decker in the least

What? Are you saying Collie becomes the 3rd target in their passing game immediately? Or I guess right now he would be #1 with Gronk and Amendola not playing. Right off the street?