Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

Fred Davis 2013 Season Outlook

39 posts in this topic

He's fully recovered from his torn Achilles and looking great in camp. Also in a contract year. Thoughts/projections for Fred Davis this season?

Considering Davis has a young stud QB throwing to him and WAS doesn't have any WR2 standouts across from Garcon (who has his own injury concerns), I'd say he's a great late rd target at TE.

1 person likes this

I'm targeting a Fred Davis/ Zach Sudfeld combo as late-round TE options after the top TE's are off the board. There's no one worth losing a mid-round pick in my opinion at TE if you can't snag a top option. I think Fred Davis will be at least servicable as a top 10 TE, he was doing some things last year before his injury causing him to fly under the radar

1 person likes this

I'm happy with him as my TE1. I think he'll have a very solid year simply because if the Redskins know what's good for RGKnee, they'll have fewer designed runs which = more passing.

1 person likes this

Davis might just be the biggest sleeper in drafts considering I've seen him go in the last two rounds and even undrafted

I agree very surprised that no one is talking about him simply for the fact he gets the ball from RG3. He is a very good player, but kind of dumb (weed and I have heard some stories about him just being reckless off the feild) so that would be the main concern if drafting him. I actually live in the greater DC area and the local radio station has a daily Redskins segment and one of the host who frequents training camp said he predicts Davis to be the Skins breakout player of the year. But I beleive in Fred :)

It's been eerily quite on the Davis front it seems.....I'm surprised people are writing him off or just not talking about him. I got scoffed at for taking him in the 11th round of my draft......to me he was miles above the remaining TEs in terms of ceiling. With a healthy RG3 throwing more, I have high hopes of him outperforming his draft position by a fair margin.

I see Davis as the Redskins number 2 option in the passing game, behind Pierre Garçon.

I agree with this. People talking up Rudolph, Cook, Cameron and sleeping on Davis, IMO.

I see Davis as the Redskins number 2 option in the passing game, behind Pierre Garçon.

I agree with this. People talking up Rudolph, Cook, Cameron and sleeping on Davis, IMO.

Best bargain available at TE.

As do I, and have heard has much in a lot of the analysis I've been following. Have also heard some talk about RG3's designed runs being dialed back, leading to more passes and end-zone targets. For where he is going in drafts, I feel like he is a great bargain with nice upside.

Which is crazy IMO. Outside Cameron (who I think is the deal deal this season), I like Fred Davis a lot. Contract year is the best year

You guys are going to make me pick him up! He's available in our league and I don't see anyone jumping on his bandwagon right away. I have Cameron and Sudfeld but definitely wouldn't mind having a healthy F.Davis. I might have to do it but might give it a week.

You guys are going to make me pick him up! He's available in our league and I don't see anyone jumping on his bandwagon right away. I have Cameron and Sudfeld but definitely wouldn't mind having a healthy F.Davis. I might have to do it but might give it a week.

Although I'm known to carry three TE, I'm waiting myself. I have Cameron and Sudfeld as well. Davis is so far under the radar nobody is even thinking about him in some leagues. But contract year is great incentive for a player to bust his a** on the field. I can see him being a top 7 TE rather easily.

I've seen other comments suggesting Fred Davis is RJIII's 2nd target after Garcon, so he might end up having a nice value for guys who took a chance on him. It'll be interesting to see how quickly (or not) he gets out of the gate.

Although I'm known to carry three TE, I'm waiting myself. I have Cameron and Sudfeld as well. Davis is so far under the radar nobody is even thinking about him in some leagues. But contract year is great incentive for a player to bust his a** on the field. I can see him being a top 7 TE rather easily.

After week one he may no longer be available. Personally I'd value him over Sudfeld.

Let's put it this way, if he wasn't coming off an injury he'd be ranked as one of the top 10 tes for sure.