Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbill2004

Roddy White 2013 Season Outlook

910 posts in this topic

Roddy has been very reliable, no doubts there. However his career speaks for itself in more ways than just consistency.. it's a long resume, and during the season he'll turn 32, which is definitely getting up there.

Julio Jones is the future and it may be time Roddy loses more targets to Julio and the demand there is for getting the ball into his hands. I think Roddy has a high floor, but father time catches up with us all and going forward Roddy will meet one of those declining seasons.

Another 90+ catches, 1200 and 7-9 TDs in store for Roddy, the guy is a veteran and just knows how to play. Although Julio is the future, he still has a lot to learn and plenty of room for improvement. Ryan isn't just going to lock on any one guy. Weeks that Julio did nothing, White had monster games and it's going to stay like that. Solid WR1 in PPR leagues...

Haven't heard anything...report says Falcons originally listed him as questionable to return, so take that as you may.

Hope he is alright though, was hoping to land him in the 3rd in my PPR keeper league.

Julio Jones is in for a monster year

Possibly but Roddy is as consistent as they come. Another 80+ rec's & 1200 yards should be in order.

Roddy White has been diagnosed with a "low" ankle sprain, and is day to day.

Advice

: Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, White would play through the injury were it the regular season. As it is, he's expected to miss some practice time and likely next week's regular season dress rehearsal as he looks to get back to 100 percent before Week 1. White has never missed a game in eight NFL seasons. His health isn't a question mark.

Looks like owners probably dodged a foot, should be fine by week 1.

Still wouldn't mind ending up with this guy as my WR1 if I got RB RB at the 9 pick in a 10 man PPR league. It's never been about pure athleticism with Roddy and him and Ryan have timing matched by very few others. I don't see why he'd regress from last year.

Yeah for what it worth he was destroying the guy who as covering him last night, didn't look like he had lost a step at all.

The problem with White of course is Julio Jones, and vice versa. I think I'd rather have Victor Cruz than White, especially now with a question of his ankle.

In a way, White is the Ray Rice of WRs. He's not as "sexy" as some other top options but he's as safe and reliable as they come and a concrete top ten option at his position despite the young whippersnapper teammate trying to eat at his production.

Granted Julio is already a borderline superstar while Pierce has barely any pro experience but you get the point. Roddy's production is locked in. Safe and consistent.

I committed robbery in last nights draft getting the hot rod in the 5th round!! 12 team .5PPR league. These fools kept reaching for RB, I kept taking studs like Roddy White!

I committed robbery in last nights draft getting the hot rod in the 5th round!! 12 team .5PPR league. These fools kept reaching for RB, I kept taking studs like Roddy White!

Which RBs did you end up with?

Which RBs did you end up with?

RB- Spiller, Lamar Miller, Le'veon Bell , Fred Jackson, Jonathan Stewart When guys are taking the likes of Deangelo Williams, Daryl Richardson, Shane Vereen over Roddy White in the 5th that is ridiculous!!!!!

WR- Julio Jones, Roddy White, Eric Decker, Cecil Shorts, Vincent Brown, Reuben Randle rounded out my WR core and sprinkle in at TE Jimmy Graham that is some serious pass catching ability. I know my RB may not look the best, but hopefully Le'veon Bell can come back pretty soon, btw I did land him in the 9th round which I was surprised in this league. Even got who I think is going to be a great QB in Kaepernick I think I had a very good draft.

In a way, White is the Ray Rice of WRs. He's not as "sexy" as some other top options but he's as safe and reliable as they come and a concrete top ten option at his position despite the young whippersnapper teammate trying to eat at his production.

Granted Julio is already a borderline superstar while Pierce has barely any pro experience but you get the point. Roddy's production is locked in. Safe and consistent.

I was thinking the same. White is the Ray Rice of WRs. You know what you are going to get back from him. Consistency nearly every week.

Hummmm

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff says the team is "hoping" Roddy White (ankle) will be ready for Week 1.

It's likely just an exercise in executive-speak, but it's interesting Dimitroff didn't talk in more emphatic terms. White's ankle sprain was deemed as "minor" and "low" when he suffered it in Atlanta's second preseason game, but it wouldn't be the first time a team tried to conceal a high-ankle sprain. 24 days will have elapsed since White went down when the Falcons take the field for Week 1. Whatever the severity of White's injury, we expect him to suit up. He's never missed a game.

Hummmm

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff says the team is "hoping" Roddy White (ankle) will be ready for Week 1.

It's likely just an exercise in executive-speak, but it's interesting Dimitroff didn't talk in more emphatic terms. White's ankle sprain was deemed as "minor" and "low" when he suffered it in Atlanta's second preseason game, but it wouldn't be the first time a team tried to conceal a high-ankle sprain. 24 days will have elapsed since White went down when the Falcons take the field for Week 1. Whatever the severity of White's injury, we expect him to suit up. He's never missed a game.

Has he been present at camp? If it was a high ankle sprain I would assume he would have been seen in a walking boot by now, no? Gotta believe if the injury was more serious, it would have leaked out way before now.

Wow, this seems to have come out of left field. I didn't even know he was injured. No reports on him or any hint of concern until today. Quite bizarre.

Not sure it matters but this story was posted on ESPN around 4pm. Rotoworld posted the GM story around 4;30. Strange....

Ok. so the original tweet came at 12:43pm today (Reported by RW @4:30). So it sounds like Mike Smith was asked to clarify statements made by the GM. Outlets prob started thinking high ankle and the coach squashed those rumors. In short, RW is getting Roddy owners worried about nothing...

1 person likes this