Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

Arizona vs Sea

Ten vs Jags (looked great before this week, but Carson Palmer puts up 37...)

Stl vs Tampa

Bengals vs Min (also looked great, but they looked bad against the Steelers and Min is looking downright competent on offense.)

My options for the Championship

Buffalo vs Miami

Eagles vs Chicago

49ers vs Atlanta

I think you have to go 49ers here.

As a CAR owner I made a last-minute pickup of DET before players locked yesterday AM. If DET can hold on and win tonight they have to be considered a top-5 play next week at home vs literally the worst offense in football. An offense which is back in another bad stretch of play. NY looked like they may snap out of it a bit when Andre first came back but they're back in the gutter now. Andre is their best player and he's no match for this front.

As a CAR owner I made a last-minute pickup of DET before players locked yesterday AM. If DET can hold on and win tonight they have to be considered a top-5 play next week at home vs literally the worst offense in football. An offense which is back in another bad stretch of play. NY looked like they may snap out of it a bit when Andre first came back but they're back in the gutter now. Andre is their best player and he's no match for this front.

I picked them up two weeks ago solely for the Giants game.

Down 13 to my opponent going into tonight, I only had Tucker left. it was looking grim..

With that 50 yarder he hit just now, I am in the Finals!

Sorry.. just thought I'd share.. I'm pumped! I never would've thought a kicker would save me as the last and final option

That DET front 4 put alot of heat on Flacco tonight. I can see 3-4 sacks and INTs for Eli in the dome.

That DET front 4 put alot of heat on Flacco tonight. I can see 3-4 sacks and INTs for Eli in the dome.

Yeah the Ravens only scored 18 points because Stafford turned the ball over a couple times and gifted the Ravens good field position a couple of times. The Giants defense isn't nearly as good as the Ravens.

Tons of choices for defenses:

Detroit vs. NYG

Carolina vs. NO

Denver @ Hou

Tampa Bay @ STL

Not sure which one to go for. Leaning towards Detroit since they are at home in a must-win and Cruz is out and obviously Eli has been a turnover machine. He'll be forced to throw too since Detroits front 4 is so strong against the run.

You guys stickin with KC vs IND?

Im thinking BUF vs MIA might be good, AT buffalo in really cold weather vs MIAMI, i dunno i just don't trust KC NO SACKS vs OAK, playing against Luck.

edit: LOL i noticed my opponent has ARI @ SEA defense so i just cleared my bench stacking up defenses, i currently have:

KC vs IND

BUF vs MIA

DET vs NYG

CLE @ NYJ

Oh man, decisions decisions. :(

Bills vs MIA

Lions vs NYG

Rams vs TB

Panthers vs NO

Cant decide... leaning towards Rams vs TB

Im thinking BUF vs MIA might be good, AT buffalo in really cold weather vs MIAMI, i dunno i just don't trust KC NO SACKS vs OAK, playing against Luck.

edit: LOL i noticed my opponent has ARI @ SEA defense so i just cleared my bench stacking up defenses, i currently have:

KC vs IND

BUF vs MIA

DET vs NYG

CLE @ NYJ

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to go KC or Bills too. I look back and the Bills put up 14 points against Miami earlier on the road and now they get them at home. Don't know what to do right now.

I was all ready to drop Buf this week for tennessee or cleveland (and probably carolina too) but the more I think about it the more appealing buffalo is here. Cold weather at home vs a warm weather team and they have been performing well. Think they could be a good play.

A little worried about KC also but they're at home and Colts offense hasn't been clicking that well. I have a bunch of options available but think I'm going to stick to KC. Opponent has DAL @ WAS so doubt he'll make a change (and consolation matchup teams have SEA and SF def) so everything should stay available until sunday if I have a change of heart. Here is the order I'm rating my available options for now:

1. KC vs IND
  2. CLE @ NYJ
  3. STL vs TB
  4. BUF vs MIA
  5. TEN @ JAX

Would you guys bench Ari @ Sea for Det vs NYG? Ari has been really good lately, its hard to bench them even against a good team...

KC vs IND

BUF vs MIA

DET vs NYG

CLE @ NYJ

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to go KC or Bills too. I look back and the Bills put up 14 points against Miami earlier on the road and now they get them at home. Don't know what to do right now.

They did, i hear Tannehill has been playing good lately but still i think the bills lead the league in sacks you have to figure they'll be able to get to him.

Defenses:

Detroit

Browns

Kickers:

Akers

Dawson

Hauschka

Akers

Hartley

Desperate? Josh Brown could have a stellar game kicking against Detroit.

I was all ready to drop Buf this week for tennessee or cleveland (and probably carolina too) but the more I think about it the more appealing buffalo is here. Cold weather at home vs a warm weather team and they have been performing well. Think they could be a good play.

tannnehill has taken 51 sacks, seems like that is a high number.

It's the battle of Ohio! Who ya got?

CLE at NYJ

or

CIN vs MIN

New York jets has given up the most fantasy points to Team Defenses this season

New York giants has given up the most second most fantasy points to Team Defenses this season

lol... yeah, CLE might be a good play too, arg.h

Thoughts on David Akers this week? Detroit must win. The Giants offense is terrible and their defense is middle of the road. Home/dome game.

Detroit defense over Kansas City this week?

I'm rolling Detroit out there because I lack other options, but I would find it hard to trust them even against the Giants over KC.

This is the big question. I'm leaning that way dispite the fact that I believe that the Chiefs have been my MVP this season. The matchup is there I'm just worried that the Lions are imploding.