Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

Lions @ NYG or Titans @ Jax?

Jacksonville just lost Shorts so their offense is destitute. Lions should dominate the Giants though.

Detroit defense over Kansas City this week?

Having that same dilemma. As of right now, I'm slightly leaning towards Det. Even though Indy has been pretty bad on offense, in the past 5 games they've only allowed 0, 13, 7, -1, 3 pts to defenses. It's the championship game, I kind of have the go big or go home mentality with Detroit at home against the horrible Giants. But i'll probably go back and forth up until sunday 11:59 =/

Having that same dilemma. As of right now, I'm slightly leaning towards Det. Even though Indy has been pretty bad on offense, in the past 5 games they've only allowed 0, 13, 7, -1, 3 pts to defenses. It's the championship game, I kind of have the go big or go home mentality with Detroit at home against the horrible Giants. But i'll probably go back and forth up until sunday 11:59 =/

I can't bring myself to bench the Chiefs. Just too much potential with that defense to put up big points

I can't bring myself to bench the Chiefs. Just too much potential with that defense to put up big points

This is the conclusion I've come back to as well. I'm starting them and hoping for the best. They're at home and playing well in a very important game. They've helped me win almost every week and I'm sticking with them now.

Anyone eyeing Legatron? All of his best games this season have come at home (some of his worst too). TB has been pretty friendly to kickers as well. Also, outside of their games against SEA, and SF the Rams have been scoring at home. The Bucs have yet to give up less than 18 points on the road (18 Week 1 against the Jets) so the game shouldn't be a blow-out either way (something I look for in a K matchup).

Looking at another option, Josh Scobee is screaming "PLAY ME". The Titans have allowed double-digit fantasy points to kickers over their last 5 (most points during that time) while Scobee has been kicking well of late.

Who would you start, Arizona @ Seattle, or Bills vs MIA. Or should I pick up Detroit D or Rams D (on waivers)? For my championship game.

This is the conclusion I've come back to as well. I'm starting them and hoping for the best. They're at home and playing well in a very important game. They've helped me win almost every week and I'm sticking with them now.

If i didn't have TY Hilton i'd be all on board, hate having offensive players going up against your defense, just seems ugh.

I just don't like they they didn't get ONE sack on the raiders, luck is not that bad won't make horrible ints and doesn't seem to get sacked much. :(

First - SF would be on my short list for #1 D this week with that matchup at home.

Accordingly Dawson is a sweet play this week in the same game. He had 17 last week, so was completely overshadowed (rightfully so) by Tucker. Dude is on a double digit streak of I believe 6 games.

I still think DET is a top 5 option. They weren't the problem last night and NYG is nowhere close to competent offensively. BAL is "competent". Giants are "horrendous".

First - SF would be on my short list for #1 D this week with that matchup at home.

Accordingly Dawson is a sweet play this week in the same game. He had 17 last week, so was completely overshadowed (rightfully so) by Tucker. Dude is on a double digit streak of I believe 6 games.

I still think DET is a top 5 option. They weren't the problem last night and NYG is nowhere close to competent offensively. BAL is "competent". Giants are "horrendous".

While sadly i have to agree with this, DET will be mad they lost, giants have no victor cruz, i mean it all sets up TOO perfectly, know what im sayin?

It seems the goons at ESPN share my similar concerns with the "all too perfect" set up for DET vs NYG.

http://espn.go.com/f...ampionship-game

There's danger assuming that a quarterback having a terrible season will necessarily screw up when you need him to most; that's paint-by-numbers analysis and, for instance, it burned us just a couple of weeks ago when we all assumed the Oakland Raiders' D/ST would be a good start against Geno Smith.

It seems the goons at ESPN share my similar concerns with the "all too perfect" set up for DET vs NYG.

http://espn.go.com/f...ampionship-game

There's danger assuming that a quarterback having a terrible season will necessarily screw up when you need him to most; that's paint-by-numbers analysis and, for instance, it burned us just a couple of weeks ago when we all assumed the Oakland Raiders' D/ST would be a good start against Geno Smith.

It's definitely a legitimate concern. Obviously Eli has been throwing picks left and right all year, but after throwing 5 in one game Eli may be overly conservative with the ball, and the Giants may force themselves to run the ball a lot even if they aren't productive.

The good news is, the Giants offense has no explosion so even if Eli is super careful with the ball I don't see how they score more than 14-17 points even on a good day. Also, the Lions strength is their run defense and front 4 so I think the Giants will be forced to throw the ball even if they don't want to just because they are going to get stuffed at the line of scrimmage a lot.

I have both Detroit and Miami at my disposal this week, and Detroit seems like the chalk play but I agree that it also feels like a trap. As bad as Eli has been this year, I still would "trust" EJ Manuel to turn the ball over more against Miami...so I am leaning towards starting them.

I have both Detroit and Miami at my disposal this week, and Detroit seems like the chalk play but I agree that it also feels like a trap. As bad as Eli has been this year, I still would "trust" EJ Manuel to turn the ball over more against Miami...so I am leaning towards starting them.

I think im gonna vomit in my mouth, POS opponent just picked up Miami, desperation play hopeuflly,

But Miami.. obv play after last week but still.

I'm not worried about Detroit being a trap. They're coming off a very tough loss, they're at home, and the Giants haven't given up less than 5 points to a D all year. Defenses have AVERAGED over 12 against them. I get the idea that it seems too good to be true, but stats indicate this is definitely the play.

I'm not worried about Detroit being a trap. They're coming off a very tough loss, they're at home, and the Giants haven't given up less than 5 points to a D all year. Defenses have AVERAGED over 12 against them. I get the idea that it seems too good to be true, but stats indicate this is definitely the play.

All valid points. Just look at DET only 28 sacks on the year, and well it is detriot they can always poop on you. :(

I have Hauschka right now. He has been solid all year. However, I think it is tempting to use Phil Dawson this week in Sunny San Fran on Monday Night against the Falcons.

My league only rewards 3 points per FG, regardless of distance, and 1 point per extra point.

Also, as of right now, weather.com is giving Seattle a 30% chance of rain and 48 degrees, while San Fran will be Sunny and 60 degrees.

Both are home games:

Phil Dawson vs Falcons on MNF

Hauschka vs Arizona

I just made that exact move dropping Hauschka for Dawson. Hauschka has been a solid performer all year for me but I have used Dawson some weeks and hes also been coming on strong lately. Plus my opponent has M. Bryant so it will come down to monday night for us.

Also @ashesandlaughter I too have Drew Brees and am a little nervous about the saints on the road. Cutler and Rodgers both available and im debating starting either of them over Brees. But at the same time you roll with the guys that got you there.