Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

Everyone on board with Miami Now? I just picked them up and I'm probably playing them over Detroit.

With the news Ben Tate is on IR, does that move Denver (@ HOU) ahead of Detroit?

This! Thoughts?

Everyone on board with Miami Now? I just picked them up and I'm probably playing them over Detroit.

I have the exact same choice as I mentioned a few pages back. Miami at Buffalo with no Stevie Johnson and Thad Lewis starting is very intriguing. Last time the two played Lewis also got the start and threw for no TDs, 202 yards, and 1 INT...Bills also gave up 4 sacks to the Dolphins.

Now Detroit at home against the Giants is intriguing as well. Eli is coming off a 5 INT game and is down Victor Cruz. Giants will likely be forced to throw because the Lions run defense is very stout, and Eli could likely have another multi INT game. But, the Lions have really been lacking in sacks this year especially considering the great pass rushers they have, and it's hard to rely on even Eli throwing INTs for big defense points. The Giants have seemingly quit on the season though.

It is going to be a tough choice, and I will likely bounce back and forth throughout the week...but as of now I am leaning towards the Dolphins.

not sure about the browns play. strong run D against the jets seems good......they bring pressure......and hayden can cover the only JETs Wr worth a dam.

but the stats don't seem to like my idea.

Been riding with Carolina since mid-season but am scare of the Saints. Just picked up Miami. Start Miami over Carolina for the ship?

debating between the panthers at home vs new orleans or st louis vs tampa....any thoughts?

thoughts on cincinatti?

also manuel is out and thad lewis is in.

not like lewis is really a downgrade it seems. I am not even close to a manuel beliver.

Alright guys, I've been lousy at predicting defenses and kickers all year so I look to your collective wisdom.

Rams D vs. the Bucs

Browns D at the Jets

or

Titans D at the Jags

and

Bailey at Washington

or

Novak vs. Oakland

I get why ppl like Miami D this week. Manuel and Stevie out.. but in my opinion Manuel isn't that good. Thad Lewis played ok when he's subbed for Manuel early in the yr. Manuel actually turns it over more than Lewis does. If Tuel were starting I'd consider that a major downgrade.. but from Manuel to Lewis isn't a major downgrade to me. There game is very similar actually. I like MIA D this week but I'm not bumping them up because Manuel is out.

So many good streaming options is making this week especially tough to decide. More questions than answers it seems. I keep going back and forth, but here is how I'm ranking the teams I've seen asked about most. Would love to hear everyone else's rankings also.

- St. Louis - high pressure defense at home should rack up the sacks and maybe a few turnovers. Combination of good defense and plus matchup is hard to ignore.

- Carolina - the best defense of the bunch, but tough matchup against a hungry Saints team. I expect Brees and Payton to exploit the secondary a few times. Still can't deny their consistency so I rank them ahead of some of the lesser defenses with better matchups.

- Detroit - Up and down defense, but I think being at home with the crowd noise is going to help the edge pass rushers get a half step on the Giants OL. The matchup seems almost too good, so I'm trying not to get caught up in that and forget how average Detroit can be any given week.

- Denver - Very close ranking to Detroit, but downgraded slightly for being on the road.

- Miami - I actually think Thad Lewis and the Buffalo running game could turn this into a ball control game, especially if the weather is bad, so I'm not quite as high on Miami as some.

- Cleveland - Horton has not been blitzing as much lately and the Haden injury leaves them vulnerable on the outside. I could see a lot of quick WR screens and short passing game from the Jets, limiting the Browns ability to get to the QB. Geno is good for a turnover or two, but when two bad teams meet up you never know if it will be a stinker or a shootout, so I'm a little wary of this matchup.

- Ten - Very good matchup only play in my opinion.

I think Cleveland vs the Jets is a good play. Geno Smith will throw 2 picks for sure b/c of his high sucktitude playstyle. He blows and the Jets have nobody to catch passes either. Ivory is their only viable threat and he is injury prone. Also the Jets have allowed big points to opposing D/ST all season. I'm going Cleveland over Arizona for the championship!

Haden didn't practice again. Not sure how I feel about the Browns without him. Geno has been known to have a good game every once in awhile, and Cleveland's secondary isn't scary without Haden. I really wanted to play them but probably going Miami.

that's my concern. WITH Haden, Cleveland for sure. Without, might just go with SF, who have stopped far better teams than ATL., plus it's the last Candlestick game. That'll fire them up even more.

Which DS/T has a higher upside:

Det v NYG

Den @ Hou

Ben Tate (Hou) went on IR, curious how that affects the post above as well.

Haden didn't practice again. Not sure how I feel about the Browns without him. Geno has been known to have a good game every once in awhile, and Cleveland's secondary isn't scary without Haden. I really wanted to play them but probably going Miami.

Dude Geno is the main reason ppl are considering using the Cleveland D/ST, Haden matters some but Geno Smith is the guy you are betting gets picked off by anyone, maybe we'll see a butt-fumble if we're really lucky!

Dude Geno is the main reason ppl are considering using the Cleveland D/ST, Haden matters some but Geno Smith is the guy you are betting gets picked off by anyone, maybe we'll see a butt-fumble if we're really lucky!

Good point. I was the proud owner of the NE defense the day of the glorious butt fumble. Don't get no better than that

Victor Cruz done for the season. Not that he's done a lot, but something to consider with Det v NYG.