Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

Titans or Panthers??

not sure if srs.

Not sure why you felt the need to make that comment, he's definitely serious.

Facts:

This season in yahoo standard scoring, the Saints have given up an average of 8 points per game to opposing defenses while away from home, versus only 2.28 points per game at home. The Saints play much better at home, they are not at home.

This game is in Carolina. The Saints just gave up 13 points to the Rams and Seattle in their last 2 away games. Carolina DST is averaging 15.4 points per game at home this season (versus 7.86 points away) and their worst game at home was still 7 points. To put this in perspective, Seattle is averaging 12.6 points per game at home this season and KC is averaging 9.5 points per game at home this season.

The Titans DST have averaged only 3 points per game since week 7. Ten is a slightly below average defense both in fantasy and real life, where as Carolina is a legit top 3 overall defense both in fantasy and real life.

Honestly if Jax still had MJD and Shorts I think it would be a pretty easy call to go Carolina over Ten. Since MJD and Shorts are out it's a tougher call that could go either way, but I don't think anybody should be scared of starting Carolina this week.

Titans or Panthers??

not sure if srs.

Not sure why you felt the need to make that comment, he's definitely serious.

Facts:

This season in yahoo standard scoring, the Saints have given up an average of 8 points per game to opposing defenses while away from home, versus only 2.28 points per game at home. The Saints play much better at home, they are not at home.

This game is in Carolina. The Saints just gave up 13 points to the Rams and Seattle in their last 2 away games. Carolina DST is averaging 15.4 points per game at home this season (versus 7.86 points away) and their worst game at home was still 7 points. To put this in perspective, Seattle is averaging 12.6 points per game at home this season and KC is averaging 9.5 points per game at home this season.

The Titans DST have averaged only 3 points per game since week 7. Ten is a slightly below average defense both in fantasy and real life, where as Carolina is a legit top 3 overall defense both in fantasy and real life.

Honestly if Jax still had MJD and Shorts I think it would be a pretty easy call to go Carolina over Ten. Since MJD and Shorts are out it's a tougher call that could go either way, but I don't think anybody should be scared of starting Carolina this week.

you own analysis makes as lopsides as my snarky comment made it seem. Todman is just as capable as a banged up MJD. Shorts has been very disappoint and would be locked down anyway so I don't see how it matters.

Carolina's been very good this year, but I'd look for other options this week. The Saints have only given up decent points to defenses 3 times in 14 weeks, and this is a very big game for them so I just can't see them stinking it up like they did last week. The other thing is there is essentially zero chance Carolina holds them under 10-14, meaning you're not gonna get those points either.

Carolina or Cleveland?

Cleveland all the way. I know Carolina's at home and it will be a hostile crowd, but you must roll with CLE here.

And, yes, I was burned by OAK defense @ the Jets a few weeks back and yes the Jets play better at home, but CLE defense is better than OAK.

Miami D, with Buffalo missing half their offence?

MIA is a great stream this week. The first time they played BUF they had 4 sacks, an INT & held them to under 300 total yards. Plus I like the fact MIA has something to play for. Should be motivated & not just counting down till the season ends like some teams likely are.

BUF with Thad Lewis Starting in weeks 6,7,8 gave up:

7 pts vs CIN

7 pts vs MIA

11 pts vs NO

Regarding CLE D this week:

The Jets are a funny team. They've given up four or less fantasy points four times:

4 vs BUF

3 vs ATL

2 vs NO

-1 vs OAK

Every time they've given up more than 4, they've given up 10 or over, with 8 games over 14 points and 3 games over 19.

19 vs BUF

23 vs TEN

24 vs CIN

Yes, they actually gave up 19 to BUF in one game, and only 4 in the other.

CLE is surely a dice roll, but they could pay off big time for championship week.

I'm all in on Detroit this week. Starting them over Chiefs, Niners, and Bills! Call me crazy

So ESPN and CBS are projecting big points for Alex Henery.... I just don't get it. I want to pick him up for this week, but it's going to snow in GB and be fairly windy- why the love for a kicker is such a miserable environment?

Those fantasy site projections are pretty much random, especially for kickers.

I know it makes you feel good when the website says you're projected to win, but you'll feel a lot better if you ignore their crap projections and actually do win.

I would like Henery as a decent option if the weather is good, but if the weather is bad, definitely stay far far away.

So ESPN and CBS are projecting big points for Alex Henery.... I just don't get it. I want to pick him up for this week, but it's going to snow in GB and be fairly windy- why the love for a kicker is such a miserable environment?

Green Bay is playing Pittsburg this week. Henery will be playing in Philadelphia (vs. Chicago). Weather forecast for Philly is 66 degrees with a 40% chance of rain. Weather shouldn't be an issue for Henery.

debating between the panthers at home vs new orleans or st louis vs tampa....any thoughts?

Rams over panthers?

I got those 2 choices and I'm going with STL….Saints usually limit the sacks and turnovers

Out of these 3 defenses who do you guys think will be the better play this week?

Cin, Cle or Det???