Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

I am targeting:

IND weeks 1-2

TEN weeks 3-4

KC weeks 5-6

NE weeks 7-9

BUF weeks 10-11

CLE weeks 12-13

DEN weeks 14-15

BUF weeks 15-16

NE wk 1 vs BUF is interesting too

I like this list, but NE and DEN are being drafted in my leagues so streaming with them will probably not be an option with some of these stubborn owners.

i like brown too but he got snagged up before me so i setttled with dan bailey. dont know if i should switch to kai forbath or hartley instead.....still going back and forth on it.

Week 1: Steelers vs Titans or Bucs vs Jets? Currently have Ravens D/ST, but thinking about dropping for one of these.

Ive decided Im rolling with Bucs vs Jets. As dominant as the Steelers can be in any given game I believe the Titans have improved dramatically from last year, starting with their o-line so I think not as many sacks. Also remember a couple of years ago when Kenny Britt was healthy the first couple games of the season and went off, might be able to do it again. Just my opinion, too many variables in that game.

Based off of last years stats and only last years stats (so you can apply your own alterations), my Week 1 projections are as followed.

1. Bears vs. Bengals - 10.72

2. Patriots vs. Bills - 10.25

3. Buccaneers vs. Jets - 10.09

4. Redskins vs. Eagles - 9.84

5. Texans vs. Chargers - 9.75

6. Bengals vs. Bears - 9.28

7. Titans vs. Steelers - 9.25

8. Vikings vs. Lions - 9.25

9. Jaguars vs. Chiefs - 8.72

10. Giants vs. Cowboys - 8.72

These were calculated just by averaging out the DEF's PPG and the opposing Offense's PPG from last year.

Of these Defenses, the ones available in my league are the Redskins, the Vikings, the Jaguars, and the Giants.

Bucs and Pats look like amazing Streaming plays in week 1. I managed to get the Pats in FA in 2 leagues and the Bucs in the rest. If forced to choose I'd take the Pats just because they have had the better fantasy DEF the passed few years. Bucs are looking good to though now with two new CBs, one if which is a bloodthirsty Revis out for revenge. Monitor the QB situation of the Jets and the Bills, but it looks like these are both going to be 5 star plays.

For week 2 my list is:

1. Patriots vs Jets - 12.25

2. Chargers vs. Eagles - 11.06

3. Texans vs. Titans - 10.28

4. Cards vs. Lions - 9.72

5. Bears vs. Vikings - 9.5

6. Cowboys vs. Chiefs - 9.44

7. Bengals vs. Steelers - 9.25

8. Lions vs. Cards - 8.97

9. Vikings vs. Bears - 8.41

10. Panthers vs. Bills - 8.34

Week 3:

1. Bears vs Steelers - 11

2. Seahawks vs. Jaguars - 10.69

3. 49ers vs. Colts - 10.56

4. Saints vs. Cardinals - 10.56

5. Chargers vs. Titans - 10.19

6. Bills vs. Jets - 10.06

7. Titans vs. Chargers - 9.53

8. Broncos vs. Raiders - 9.47

9. Patriots vs. Buccaneers - 9.22

10. Redskins vs. Lions - 9.03

Blair walsh? does anyone think the offense will put up enough points to make him a good week-to-week option.. ?

also don't understand streaming kickers.

good offense means maybe they get to the endzone and you only get extra points.

bad offenses and maybe you don't even get in feild goal range.

middling offense maybe you are well..........middling and nothing is gained by sticking with any of the decent guys.

not sure what do first week....I don't want the raven which is who i got.

highest ranked in pittsburgh who seems more real life good then fantasy good.

colts play the radiers which normally would be good..............but the colts d is horrible. not like they get a lot of sacks or turnovers.

aimed for NE in the last two rounds of my draft, in the leagues I missed out on them I took Indy with confidence for the first week.

and as for kicker, i'm surprised more people aren't drafting bullock, kind of feels underated this year.

Guest JimmyGs

I am rolling with the Bucs on D this week. Great run blocking and addition of Revis to help in the passing game sound good to me.

I drafted Cincy, but the Bucs and Colts are still on the wire. I've been going back and forth on whether to drop Cincy for one of those two and stream from then on. I know the Bengals defense should be pretty good, but it's playing a defense versus the Bears or a defense versus the Raiders or Jets. Thoughts?

Exact reason I didnt want to risk a pick on an "upper tier" defense. Through the first 5 weeks the bengals play the Bears, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Cleveland, and New England. I'd rather take my chances streaming then playing some of those teams. Theres always a chance you can pick them up later on down the road. I dont know if you have any extra roster spots or a nobody you can drop but I'd rather not carry 2 defenses at a time....hope this helps.

Exact reason I didnt want to risk a pick on an "upper tier" defense. Through the first 5 weeks the bengals play the Bears, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Cleveland, and New England. I'd rather take my chances streaming then playing some of those teams. Theres always a chance you can pick them up later on down the road. I dont know if you have any extra roster spots or a nobody you can drop but I'd rather not carry 2 defenses at a time....hope this helps.

Yeah, no extra roster spots and I won't carry two defenses. I think I'm just going to drop them and probably pick up the Bucs.

I am afraid of the guys saying they are rollign with the Colts vs the raiders.

the colts D is horrendous.

Any specific reason Bucs arent one of your choices for week 1? Just curious if you know something I dont. I know its in NYJ put pretty sure Geno has a good chance to start....

I like them week 1 there are just enough plays week 1 where they don't crack my rotation. They have no pass rush and give up tons of rushing yards. The Jets won't throw much limiting the opportunities for the Bucs to make INT's, which is their strength. In a shallow week I'd definitely start them but for week 1 there are better options.

As a side-note, I actually think the Jets can pull off a mild upset that game. They're only 3 point dogs on Vegas. The Bucs don't match up well with them

edit: also, I prefer to make my streamer a home team unless they're a truly elite ball-hawking unit (ie: Patriots)

Wasnt Tampa Bay the top rushing defense last year?

Any specific reason Bucs arent one of your choices for week 1? Just curious if you know something I dont. I know its in NYJ put pretty sure Geno has a good chance to start....

I like them week 1 there are just enough plays week 1 where they don't crack my rotation. They have no pass rush and give up tons of rushing yards. The Jets won't throw much limiting the opportunities for the Bucs to make INT's, which is their strength. In a shallow week I'd definitely start them but for week 1 there are better options.

As a side-note, I actually think the Jets can pull off a mild upset that game. They're only 3 point dogs on Vegas. The Bucs don't match up well with them

edit: also, I prefer to make my streamer a home team unless they're a truly elite ball-hawking unit (ie: Patriots)

Kind of deceiving. They had one of the worst pass defenses I think. Teams didn't have to run

Kind of deceiving. They had one of the worst pass defenses I think. Teams didn't have to run

Maybe, but they still allowed under 4yards a clip (I think they led the league). And pass defense might have been deceiving too. When you have Atl and NO a combined 4x a year, it'll hit your stats pretty hard.

Im just saying the Jets cant throw (so it negates any potential weakness TB has in week1) and TB's rushing defense should be good enough to stop Bilal Powell and Chris Ivory. I like this matchup a lot

I kinda like Arizona to start, the Rams offense doesn't scare me, and week 2 the Lions seemed to give up a million return touchdowns last year that I feel like it's a worthy play.

I'd probably have to bail on them week 3 vs. NO, but they get Josh Freeman and the Bucs week 4. Carolina, SF, SEA, ATL, HOU after that, no exploitable matchups in that span.

Dallas, going to the Monte Kiffin Tampa 2 defense, starts out vs NYG, @ KC, vs STL, @ SD.

I think I might go with them at the very end of my draft.

I have Tampa locked in for week one.

Cowboys, Colts, Browns, Washington and Miami all free agents so I'll be streaming from those teams. Everybody in my league luckily have two DST's so should not even consider the FA list week to week.

I'll be grabbing Cowboys for week 2 at this stage.

Anybody for KC playing JAX?

KC had a ton of pro-bowlers on D last year. JAX has...Gabbert.

I'm giving KC a shot. Probably going to have some more help from their offense than last year, and Gabbert should give them plenty of help too.

My issue with KC is 1. MJD will get tons of touches and keep defensive scoring oportunites low. 2. Gabbert is actually much better at controling turnovers then Henne.

I love the pats D so much this year. If i get it I very likely might just set and forget. there division is just such a joke.

not sure what to do with my ravens, drop them for.................steelers? titans? (steelers Oline should give up tons of pressure)

colts vs raiders (colt D is just so horrible though even if raiders do suck)

Browns vs Miami (no mingo kinda sucks makes this less apealing)

obvious noone rated about the steeler is available.