Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

The Dolphins defense is being overlooked. They will create turnovers and it wont be a particularly high scoring game.

Week 1

St. Louis Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Jets

Indianapolis Colts vs. Oakland Raiders

Cleveland Browns vs. Miami Dolphins

Kansas City Chiefs at Jacksonville Jaguars

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills

Week 2

Carolina Panthers at Buffalo Bills

Jacksonville Jaguars at Oakland Raiders

Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Diego Chargers

New England Patriots vs. New York Jets

Week 3

Buffalo Bills at New York Jets

Cleveland Browns at Minnesota Vikings

Tennessee Titans vs. San Diego Chargers

I keep seeing St. Louis Rams as a highly rated week 1 pick against the Cardinals in the rankings I've been seeing. Usually goes along with something like "Cardinals gave up most fantasy points per game to opposing defenses last year." But this is now a different team. Carson Palmer instead of that laughable joke of a three headed QB from last season. Rashard Mendenhall - a shell of his former self perhaps, but still better than whomever they had last year. Yes, the offensive line is still bad. But I don't think you can use last year's stats to immediately say the Cardinals will be terrible.

Still going to roll with Indy vs Oakland, although now that all the fantasy experts are saying it's a great play, I am wary...

Still going to roll with Indy vs Oakland, although now that all the fantasy experts are saying it's a great play, I am wary...

I'm still pondering using Baltimore or picking up Colts. I'd feel better if this wasn't week 1 and we'd seen a little more of the Colts defense. Even if Baltimore gives up points, I imagine they will still get to Peyton a few times and maybe get a pick.

I'm still pondering using Baltimore or picking up Colts. I'd feel better if this wasn't week 1 and we'd seen a little more of the Colts defense. Even if Baltimore gives up points, I imagine they will still get to Peyton a few times and maybe get a pick.

I'm trying to decide between Colts and Rams. I wouldn't even think of using Ravens. At least for the Rams, the Cardinals are a question mark. Peyton and the Broncos are an offensive juggernaut and playing at home. A few sacks and a pick equals 4 points. But then if they score a lot, you lose all those points back.

I picked up tb as well, but I worry that tb can't gets sacks. You don't want 3 and out you need forces to. I believe a rookie qb might run out of the end Zone and get a safety or throw a pick 6.

I buy into stream vs jets/raiders/bills/browns weekly

Kicker question...

Currently have Dan Bailey.

Do I stick with him week 1 or pick up Hartley (NO) or Janikowski (OAK)?

Now that Rotoworld is saying to start the Colts defense against Pryor....which defense would be the better start:

Bucs against Jets

OR

Colts against Raiders?

That's a close one, but: 1) "Raiders" 2) Home game 3) Early start time against a west coast team 4) Indy should win big, desperation throws --> picks

I think I will follow your advice and drop the Bucs for the Colts defense for week 1

I am targeting:

IND weeks 1-2

TEN weeks 3-4

KC weeks 5-6

NE weeks 7-9

BUF weeks 10-11

CLE weeks 12-13

DEN weeks 14-15

BUF weeks 15-16

NE wk 1 vs BUF is interesting too

I like your list. In my leagues NE and Denver are drafted. Also streaming is tough for me because all of my leagues except one cost for adds. I have 1. Bears vs Bengals, 2. Broncos vs Ravens, 3. Ravens @ Broncos & 4. Seattle @ Carolina in various leagues. I think Seattle is a def play, Bears probably. Would you play TB @ Jets or Colts vs Raiders over any of them this week? Also, Seattle & Bears are highly ranked/projected. Would you ever sit them for a lesser team with a better matchup like the ones on your list? Thanks

Debating on

Cleveland vs. Miami

Miami vs. Cleveland

KC vs. Jags

Indy vs. Oakland

Thinking Indy is going to be the way to go.

What do guys think of the Broncos this year? I picked them up as my def in my draft and I have Tampa Bay for week 1 as well. My league doesn't really stream defenses and the only one who is just dropped the Bengals for the Colts for week 1. I'm thinking of trying to pick up the Bengals either this week or gamble and get them next and just play with the Bengals and Broncos the rest of the season.

Kicker question...

Currently have Dan Bailey.

Do I stick with him week 1 or pick up Hartley (NO) or Janikowski (OAK)?

How can you not like Hartley? And how was Hartley not drafted? Kicker on a high octane offense playing in a dome. That pretty much settles it. I would avoid Janikowski. He will be useless if the Raiders never even get into field goal position.

Rams vs Cards

or do i drop the rams for Tampa vs jets

not like either of these teams has a nice week 2 schedule so I would drop them both afterwards.

I had IND in three leagues. Dropped them for TB in two of them. The Jets are a mess and even though the Colts matchup is juicier on paper, to me, the Bucs have a better chance of racking up points with their stout D. Hope that my hunch pays off.

I had IND in three leagues. Dropped them for TB in two of them. The Jets are a mess and even though the Colts matchup is juicier on paper, to me, the Bucs have a better chance of racking up points with their stout D. Hope that my hunch pays off.

yeah I am actually not as high as many on the colts simply cuase their D lacks playmakers.

I drafted the broncos defense but am thinking about streaming defense for the season. Drop them for TB defense week 1 or play Denver?

I drafted the broncos defense but am thinking about streaming defense for the season. Drop them for TB defense week 1 or play Denver?

I like Denver's DEF a lot this year. They were the #3 DEF last year and since then they've only gotten better on both sides of the ball. They also get 2 games each against the Raiders, the Chargers, and the Chiefs.

If they aren't among the top 10 DEF by Week 7, it might be time to drop them. But for now, I'd say hold on to them.

I like Denver's DEF a lot this year. They were the #3 DEF last year and since then they've only gotten better on both sides of the ball. They also get 2 games each against the Raiders, the Chargers, and the Chiefs.

If they aren't among the top 10 DEF by Week 7, it might be time to drop them. But for now, I'd say hold on to them.

Yeah that was my thinking in drafting them, their weak division.

But could you elaborate as to why you like their d a lot or how their defense got better? All I hear about is how they got worse with Elvis gone, Von miller suspended and bailey hurt.

see if you can trade them for the pats Def.

both are big names but maybe you can get one with less question marks. Both have tastey schedules.

I'm trying to decide between Colts and Rams. I wouldn't even think of using Ravens. At least for the Rams, the Cardinals are a question mark. Peyton and the Broncos are an offensive juggernaut and playing at home. A few sacks and a pick equals 4 points. But then if they score a lot, you lose all those points back.

I keep looking at the same situation. I started with the Rams then dropped them and grabbed the Colts and now I'm back to the Rams lol! I hope either pays off but I'm sticking with the rammies. Oakland sucks but a healthy McFadden could wear them out. Cards have a better QB this year (Not by much) and a few targets (Fitz, Roberts, Floyd). So its a toss up for me right now. If Colts destroy ill be kicking myself Sunday night lol!