Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

2013 Streaming Defense/ST and Kickers Thread

Would you guys drop the Packer DST to pick up Colts or drop Kendall Hunter? I dont own Gore, so he's more like a lotto ticket. Its a 14-team league and the only defenses left are Brown, Vikes, Eagles, cowboys, titans, chiefs, saints. So some slim picking should someone nab the packers after I drop them.

If someone takes Kendall and I carry 2 DSTs for a week there is only 2 RBs with same projections as Kendall: Jaquizz, tolbert,

So I guess what's the biggest risk? Starting packers week 1 I think is asking for trouble vs the niners

I'm looking at Week 2 D/ST stremaing options on the wire for one of my teams.

Which would be the best matchup?

Dallas @ KC

San Diego @ Phi

Carolina @ Buf

Jacksonville @ Oak

I was leaning toward Carolina, but I saw Yahoo has Dallas projected higher.

I think Yahoo's projections are heavily influenced by how the opponents fared last year. I don't think Alex Smith in an Andy Reid offense is a good matchup to target this year. I'm looking for a week 2 defense to stash as well, and am not a big fan of any of the other options in your list (mediocre defenses on the road). I'm leaning toward Carolina, but not feeling overly confident in them.

bad idea to drop Broncos D/ST for Buccaneers D/ST, facing the weak Jets, this week? 10 team league

Will the Broncos be as good as they were last year? no dumervil. no von miller for first 6 weeks. and champ bailey out week 1.

I am going with Chiefs, Colts, Baltimore and Steelers in my leagues. (4 Leagues)

I drafted the broncos defense but am thinking about streaming defense for the season. Drop them for TB defense week 1 or play Denver?

I like Denver's DEF a lot this year. They were the #3 DEF last year and since then they've only gotten better on both sides of the ball. They also get 2 games each against the Raiders, the Chargers, and the Chiefs.

If they aren't among the top 10 DEF by Week 7, it might be time to drop them. But for now, I'd say hold on to them.

Yeah that was my thinking in drafting them, their weak division.

But could you elaborate as to why you like their d a lot or how their defense got better? All I hear about is how they got worse with Elvis gone, Von miller suspended and bailey hurt.

Well, Champ and Vonn will be coming back. They did lose Elvis, but they made some nice acquisitions in the offseason. They signed DE Shaun Phillips, DT Terrance Knighton, ILB Stewart Bradley, CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and CB Quentin Jammer. They also had a great draft taking guys like DT Sylvester Williams, CB Kayvon Webster, and DE Quanterus Smith.

They performed extremely well against a good Baltimore offense. 4 sacks, 2 INTs, a blocked kick. They also should have added a TD to their point total today, but a supid play from Trevathan negated that. For those of you who don't know, he spiked the ball a few feet before entering the end zone.

If you count the TD, they should have had between 16-18 points depending on your settings.

I am going with Chiefs, Colts, Baltimore and Steelers in my leagues. (4 Leagues)

how the ravens D work out for you?

Guest JimmyGs

how the ravens D work out for you?

Also very disappointing was Prater. All those massive points for Denver and he gets a measly 7 FFP.

Can't decide if I should go Steelers or Indy week 1; Steelers are the superior DEF, but Oakland looks terrible.

I went Bucs DST for Wk1, thinking Carolina for Wk2. My current problem w/streaming is that I don't have a slot to grab Carolina's defense right now, and it seems like I will only be able to stream defenses in my league if I can do so by picking up my next defense a week ahead. I am also playing w/some managers that will just keep a 2nd defense on their roster the whole season, since Mr. Yahoo autopicked it for them, and Mr. Yahoo is the all-knowing football OZ... :-\

It's the same thing in my league. 14 team league and half of the teams have a second defense on their bench that they're just hoarding for their starting D's bye. It's infuriating, but some of them end up dropping them for the next WW darling.

I'm also leaning towards Carolina. The 13 pt projection for Dallas @ KC is absurd, and I'm not sold on SD. I think I'll drop Jones for Carolina and see how Philly looks against Washington this week.

I'm trying to decide between the Bengals & Bucs...ugghhh....

I drafted Bengals but picked up Bucs for week 1. I'm a Chicao fan so didn't want to be happy about Cutler getting sacked but I would still go Bucs but not at the expense of dropping the Bengals. Bears are pretty good at Soldier Field and normally do well week one.

I drafted Bengals but picked up Bucs for week 1. I'm a Chicao fan so didn't want to be happy about Cutler getting sacked but I would still go Bucs but not at the expense of dropping the Bengals. Bears are pretty good at Soldier Field and normally do well week one.

Our league requires us to roster two D/ST throughout the year so I still have the Bengals. I just picked up the Bucs as my second team and just deciding who to start. I also think that the Bears should be able to put up some points week one with the new OC and all. Bucs seams like a better play. /shrug

For your choices I'd go with Kansas City. Don't love any of those choices but if everyone is already hoarding D's that makes sense if those are the best. Washington would be last on my list - not a good mathup. I like Cleveland and it would be a toss-up for me between KC. Usually I go with the home team but KC has more upside in their matchup.

For your choices I'd go with Kansas City. Don't love any of those choices but if everyone is already hoarding D's that makes sense if those are the best. Washington would be last on my list - not a good mathup. I like Cleveland and it would be a toss-up for me between KC. Usually I go with the home team but KC has more upside in their matchup.

thanks im going kansas, browns have alot of injuries