Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mlkey

Stevie Johnson 2013 Season Outlook

146 posts in this topic

He has been consistently getting back to back 1,000 yards seasons. He is a really good route runner and is being moved to the slot. Bills are now a run first team, but Stevie can still be good in a standard and PPR league. He's most likely going to drop in TDS because of Scott Chandler and CJ Spiller but I can see him increasing his yardage and receptions.

Yea he had 1000 yard seasons with Fitzpatrick. It's hard for me to like him with the unknown at the QB position. Kolb sucks, and Manuel doesn't like throwing downfield. And while he will probably be solid in the slot, it's still a somewhat new position and his numbers could drop. Although he's probably going to see more targets in the slot than he would have outside with Manuel. Too many unknowns - I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but he's not someone I'm real high on.

Thoughts on him this year? I was targeting him a lot last year because I thought he was great value but I haven't given any attention to the QB situation in Buffalo. Seems like hes going pretty late.

Also, who remembers him showing up to that press conference a few years ago in a wife beater?

Thoughts on him this year? I was targeting him a lot last year because I thought he was great value but I haven't given any attention to the QB situation in Buffalo. Seems like hes going pretty late.

Also, who remembers him showing up to that press conference a few years ago in a wife beater?

New regime with a run first mentality, bad qb situation, and a lengthy injury history for Stevie. There is no upside. For where he is being drafted i personally look for upside.

1 person likes this

Thoughts on this guy with the terrible QB situation in Buffalo?

I like the reports (at least as it pertains to more consistency in PPR) that he'll be working in the slot more often.

Coming from a Bills fan, Stevie is one of the more consistent wideouts out there. The qb situation is, and has been, awful throughout his tenure. The entire stadium knows where the ball is being thrown and he still put up good numbers. He ate Revis up last year.

Name me the bills WR2 the past 3 seasons. Exactly.

He's my # 2 WR in a PPR 12-teamer...he should get a lot of catches this year out of the slot.

I think he's a pretty good value this year. Not a sexy pick & the qb situation stinks but he'll put up decent #'s. Ok WR2, great WR3.

Pretty quiet thread for guy with back to back to back 1000 yd seasons and 23 TDs those years. Can he make it a 4 peat with the surging run game, Spiller and the oft used three wide set this year?

Pretty quiet thread for guy with back to back to back 1000 yd seasons and 23 TDs those years. Can he make it a 4 peat with the surging run game, Spiller and the oft used three wide set this year?

Agreed. To keep opponents honest, the Bills are going to have to pass the ball every once in a while, and Johnson is their go-to guy. A few thousand yard seasons with horrible QB's under his belt. This guy just cleared waivers and I scooped him up as a WR3-4 in a 10-team .5ppr league.

Bye-week filler in non-ppr leagues. 50 yards and a TD is what you hope for when you play him. I think he had like 2 100-yard games all season last year, and no multiple-td games. Maybe something changes this year with the new qb.

Bye-week filler in non-ppr leagues. 50 yards and a TD is what you hope for when you play him. I think he had like 2 100-yard games all season last year, and no multiple-td games. Maybe something changes this year with the new qb.

Top 21 receiver each of the past 2 seasons in standard leagues. I would assume he also was around that ranking 3 years ago given his numbers haven't changed much. Also very consistent from game to game. Kind of a poor mans Reggie Wayne (surprised even myself typing that).

It's a quiet thread because his name is Stevie Johnson, not Steve Johnson.

2 people like this

1 person likes this

I'm glad he thinks highly of himself.

Alright guys, was today just a 1 hit wonder? EJ looks pretty legit, S johnson is pretty solid.... For personal reasons, I have Roddy white and if he still has a high ankle sprain next week, I may start Johnson.

Thoughts?

He's pretty much one of Buffalos only red zone targets which is a good thing. As long as EJ Manuel stays healthy, Stevie should continue to put up numbers

any other thoughts? worth a flex spot?

Not sure yet if we can trust him but he did have a good amount of receptions in week 2. They face the Jets and Baltimore Ds so it is a little concerning. I am waiting one more week before starting him.

I think we will see more numbers similar to yesterday's going forward. EJ has a good arm and thus far good control of that offense.