Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.J.

Daniel Thomas 2013 Season Outlook

46 posts in this topic

What the hell is going on down in Miami? Is Thomas really in the hunt for the starting RB or are the Fins using him to push Miller?

d thomas is not that bad ... remember in his rookie year in his first and second game he ripped off a string of 107 and 95 yards rushing with 10 and 27 yards receiving. then he played with hammy issues ROS and it sapped his ability.

then last year he was in the coaches doghouses and had a buncha concussions. If lamar miller was so great and thomas was so bad, why did they still work both into the mix last year?

I remember his rookie year people here were comparing Daniel Thomas to Arian Foster.

As a Bell owner, I ran to add Thomas instead of any of the other Pittsburgh backs. I think he is at least flex worthy if it's a 50/50 split.

You want input from a fin fan? I was extremely impressed with him coming out of college. He looked big and pretty explosive for his size, but my take on him has made a 180 since he was drafted.

I have not missed a game of his and have even attended a few from out of town and I am extremely unimpressed. He has no big play ability, is average in the pass game, and seems to only get what is blocked. Do not believe anything you read saying he is a legitimate threat to Lamar receiving the bulk of the carries.

You want input from a fin fan? I was extremely impressed with him coming out of college. He looked big and pretty explosive for his size, but my take on him has made a 180 since he was drafted.

I have not missed a game of his and have even attended a few from out of town and I am extremely unimpressed. He has no big play ability, is average in the pass game, and seems to only get what is blocked. Do not believe anything you read saying he is a legitimate threat to Lamar receiving the bulk of the carries.

no big play ability, average in the pass game, only gets what is blocked.

so he is Shonne Greene 2.0?

You trust a guy named OverRatedRevis?

Seriously though, he's obviously had an underwhelming NFL career. Maybe he's turned things around.

1 person likes this

I'll quit fantasy football for good if Daniel Thomas wins the job.

1 person likes this

why was it so strongly assumed in the first place that it's lamar miller's backfield? was it a creation of fantasy writer speculation that fed on itself?

why was it so strongly assumed in the first place that it's lamar miller's backfield? was it a creation of fantasy writer speculation that fed on itself?

when bush left he was the only RB worth a dam on the roster.

Thomas's nickname on yahoo FF is fumbling dan. 100% srs.

if you got gore comparing your to clinton portis and you lose your job to a guy named "fumbling dan" you need to hang your head in shame for the rest of your days.

He's the clear handcuff, but wont put up great stats as the starter. If anything any sort of a time share conversation only pushes back Lamar Millers ADP which makes him even a better value.

D Thomas is average-bad. Probably not a top 20 handcuff for me if we are factoring in potential as a starter as a huge part (which I do). I mean you can draft Montario Hardesty to handcuff T-Rich. But why?

You trust a guy named OverRatedRevis?

Seriously though, he's obviously had an underwhelming NFL career. Maybe he's turned things around.

What does someone's username have anything to do with their input on a topic?

Back on topic, I am a fan of Miller being a solid fantasy contributor but was never on board him being drafted before the late 4th/ early 5th.

Just because you honestly 'never know,' I've added Daniel Thomas off our waiver wire. It worked last year for me with Alfred Morris when the starting job was wide open (should note I drafted Helu & Royster late knowing I'd at least get 1 starter out of the mix). Worst case scenario I drop him in a few weeks, best case, he's flex worthy or covers bye weeks and approaches 700 yds in a timeshare, plus some goal line work. If you're drafting in the teen rounds, he's definitely worth a flier, but nothing before round 12/13,

Just because you honestly 'never know,' I've added Daniel Thomas off our waiver wire. It worked last year for me with Alfred Morris when the starting job was wide open (should note I drafted Helu & Royster late knowing I'd at least get 1 starter out of the mix). Worst case scenario I drop him in a few weeks, best case, he's flex worthy or covers bye weeks and approaches 700 yds in a timeshare, plus some goal line work. If you're drafting in the teen rounds, he's definitely worth a flier, but nothing before round 12/13,

In addition, MIA's schedule is so sweet if something happens to Miller than Thomas is in a very nice position to excel ROS.

So, does anyone know what the deal is here?

Thomas is still saying that he "Expects" a 50/50 type thing. The GM seems to want him to play...

We all know he sucks, that's clear. But, in like a 16 team league where you start an additional RB/WR and Flex, you have to keep him, right?

I can't imagine it's a true time-share, but who knows.

Did you see how the Dolphins handled Reggie Bush? There's a reason I shied away from Lamar Miller. He will be misused for sure like Bush was, who did a 50/50 timeshare some games with Thomas and on occasion even was benched in favor of Thomas.

In addition, MIA's schedule is so sweet if something happens to Miller than Thomas is in a very nice position to excel ROS.

Lol he still needs to have even average skills.

Lol he still needs to have even average skills.

Wish that were true. He could be a "starting" RB at some point. FWIW, in fantasy that cannot be underestimated.

8 Rushes, 14 Yards, but a TD

Just enough for me to hold on...

Goal line carry I assume?

Was he getting the carries only because Miller was so terrible?

The run game as a whole was terrible. Neither could do anything. He would've got carries either way. The drive he scored was all passing and then DT ran it in. I think he will be the goalline back for the season.