Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dabeesta17

Austin Pettis 2013 Season Outlook

16 posts in this topic

6'3, 210, 4.55 40 time, and listed as the Rams #2 receiver on the depth charts. He's starting opposite Chris Givens and basically is the elder statesman in a WR core with two rookies (Tavon Austin/Stedman Bailey) and Givens and Quick in their second years. Problem is he has zero catches in the pre-season.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/08/17/2711003/pettis-leads-rams-young-wr-corps.html

I like him. He seems to be Bradford's favorite target. Fun fact, even after tonight's game, he has more targets on the year than Marques Colston. Two fewer than Reggie Wayne. I might be adding him this week heading into a tasty matchup with Jax.

1 person likes this

Remember watching him a ton in college at Boise state when they had Keller Moore, Doug Martin, and Titus Young. He always moved the chains and appears to be doing the same thing in the NFL. Not a bad PPR option.

He should have had a touchdown last week. Was wide open but Bradford missed him.

He gets a lot of looks in the endzone. With the dump off tendencies of Shotty, he's worth a look in ppr leagues.

Just added him as a bye week replacement for V Jax. Seems to play every snap unlike Broyles last week

I added him this morning on a hunch and started him over Bowe. Great decision because he's going to be a top waiver target in most leagues.

Can't live on 4 targets sorry. Brad spread the ball too much for him to be a reliable option.

He's a good red zone presence, numbers likely are going to be completely dependent on TDs.

Can't live on 4 targets sorry. Brad spread the ball too much for him to be a reliable option.

He's right up there with Cook, Givens with 36 targets on the season and a clear red zone guy

Rotoworld doesn't like him, but it seems like Bradford does from the few games I've watched. May be worth a pickup if you're looking for a receiver.