Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.J.

Felix Jones 2013 Season Outlook

105 posts in this topic

Was just traded to the Steelers for LB Adrian Robinson. Interesting fit with Bell out and Redman and Dwyer being less than stellar. Do you see Felix holding any value in Pittsburgh?

I guess you never know but seeing him briefly in a Philly preseason game it sure didn't look like he had much left.

New starter. 1200 yards and 7 TDs with 40 receptions, book it.

Seriously though, I can't remember a more muddled backfield mess in the history of fantasy.

Was just traded to the Steelers for LB Adrian Robinson. Interesting fit with Bell out and Redman and Dwyer being less than stellar. Do you see Felix holding any value in Pittsburgh?

No

Felix Jones has always had high upside and is still fairly young and unabused in RB terms.

But they will probably use all 3 backs as PIT loves to pound the run game.

I saw some tweets saying that this trade can mean a few things. 1. Bell will be placed on IR/designated 2. One of their current backs (Dwyer, Redman, LSH) could be on the verge of being cut.

So really nothing to see here with Jones, then? At best, part of still a three headed monster. I can't see them keeping both Jones and Hyphen.

Felix Jones would have gotten cut from the Eagles if we didn't trade him, just saying. I know the Steelers are in dire straits at the RB position.

My thoughts as well. If he was still a decent player, he wouldn't have had a problem making the Eagles. Maybe a little more opportunity in Pittsburgh, but doesn't change the thought that he's lost his burst. He didn't really impress last year when Demarco went down, that was his best opportunity to audition for a new job and he pretty much blew it. I think I will pass on him.

Even if he somehow does manage to carry the ball more than 10 times a game, he'll be knocked out with a leg injury by week 3.

Felix looked done the last year and half with Dallas. He lost most of his explosiveness that made him a fantasy tease his first two years when he burst on the scene. Maybe he's lost weight or something and a lot of guys can be fantasy relevant thru volume, but man, I'm not sure the guy has much left, which is strange to say about a 26 years old. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery but he got multiple opportunities in Dallas and looks like he would have been cut in Philly. Weird that the Steelers would exchange any value for him.

1 person likes this

I think a lot of people are going to run to add Felix Jones if they own Bell. But I'm not seeing much value here. RB4 in Philly, why should we believe he'll be 1A or 1B in Pittsburgh? I'd have been more excited if the Steelers added Willis McGahee or even the slow plodding Michael Turner.

Felix looked done the last year and half with Dallas. He lost most of his explosiveness that made him a fantasy tease his first two years when he burst on the scene. Maybe he's lost weight or something and a lot of guys can be fantasy relevant thru volume, but man, I'm not sure the guy has much left, which is strange to say about a 26 years old. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery but he got multiple opportunities in Dallas and looks like he would have been cut in Philly. Weird that the Steelers would exchange any value for him.

Is there anyway for me to just hide this thread, just cluttering up the front page :P

But yeah, Fragile Felix is one of the biggest fantasy trolls of the decade.

I think a lot of people are going to run to add Felix Jones if they own Bell. But I'm not seeing much value here. RB4 in Philly, why should we believe he'll be 1A or 1B in Pittsburgh? I'd have been more excited if the Steelers added Willis McGahee or even the slow plodding Michael Turner.

If they added McGahee, I would definitely have picked him up.

Felix Jones sprained his ankle getting off the plane to Pittsburgh and twisted his wrist carrying luggage.

3 people like this

Since the Steelers kept him and cut Dwyer... Fragile Felix is worth an add. Also LSH has a mild sprain (though projected back by week 1) and Redman has a stringer. Worth the spec add as my WW are thin.

Since the Steelers kept him and cut Dwyer... Fragile Felix is worth an add. Also LSH has a mild sprain (though projected back by week 1) and Redman has a stringer. Worth the spec add as my WW are thin.

What's a stringer?

can't spell... stinger.

Steelers RB Isaac Redman missed Saturday's third preseason game with a "stinger."

Redman's absence for the Steelers' regular season dress rehearsal should lock in Jonathan Dwyer as the Week 1 starter. It's doubtful Redman's injury is serious, so we'd still expect him to be a part of the committee for the opener. Dwyer will chair said committee for the time being, but as it was last season, it figures to be a fluid situation. The upside is low with both players. Aug 25 - 12:14 AM

can't spell... stinger.

Steelers RB Isaac Redman missed Saturday's third preseason game with a "stinger."

Redman's absence for the Steelers' regular season dress rehearsal should lock in Jonathan Dwyer as the Week 1 starter. It's doubtful Redman's injury is serious, so we'd still expect him to be a part of the committee for the opener. Dwyer will chair said committee for the time being, but as it was last season, it figures to be a fluid situation. The upside is low with both players. Aug 25 - 12:14 AM

Well they were wrong

can't spell... stinger.

Well they were wrong

What a surprise...Rotoworld was wrong.

can't spell... stinger.

Well they were wrong

can't spell... stinger.

Well they were wrong

yeah, rotwoword's been terrible on several articles but back to felix... worth the add as stranger things have happened like alfred morris getting the start last year. No risk pickup to see how he plays after the first week and before bell comes back.

Redman had two carries in the preseason and will have been out of action a full month by Week 1. The Steelers sought Jones in a trade, gave him 14 carries in their preseason finale and Tomlin has praised the running back big time since his arrival. Steelers then cut Dwyer. I'll wager Jones gets the bulk of the carries in the opener. That's worth a roster spot in most formats.