Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backdoor Slider

Gameday Thread 8/24 Tigers (Scherzer) @ NYM (Harvey)

17 posts in this topic

I know 1st pitch is 2 1/2 hours away, but man am I excited for this matchup. Must-see TV for baseball fans.

I hate seeing V-mart and Hunter are sitting.

Poor Harvey going to have to wait a little longer for win #10.

Scherzer- 172.1 IP, 117 hits, 38 BBs, 185 Ks, 0.90 WHIP

Harvey- 171.2 IP, 122 hits, 31 BBs, 187 Ks, 0.89 WHIP

Not sure it gets any closer than that.

Being a Mad Max owner, hope the Tigers roll, but I can see Harvey dominating the Tigers today.

Being a Mad Max owner, hope the Tigers roll, but I can see Harvey dominating the Tigers today.

Agree. May give up some hits, like he did in the 1st, but not enough in this lineup to do much damage (except 3 & 4 of course).

Its possible, but its more likely Max shuts down the hapless Mets.

Agree. May give up some hits, like he did in the 1st, but not enough in this lineup to do much damage (except 3 & 4 of course).

You forgot about the fearsome trio of Dirka, Pena and Max

Should have sat Harvey in this one. No chance of getting a win against Mad Max, and he's taking a beating so far.

You forgot about the fearsome trio of Dirka, Pena and Max

Haha Santiago with a horrible AB & thought Harvey would get out of it. Scherzer helping his cause.

And another hit.

Should have sat Harvey in this one. No chance of getting a win against Mad Max, and he's taking a beating so far.

As if you would ever have sat him, give me a break.

1 person likes this

The Mets have a terrible lineup. Pretty obvious that Max was going to have his way with them. Meanwhile, at best Harvey was going to get a no-decision today. I wish I had given it more thought before the game started. In an innings limit league without QS, this one is actually an obvious sit.

The Mets have a terrible lineup. Pretty obvious that Max was going to have his way with them. Meanwhile, at best Harvey was going to get a no-decision today. I wish I had given it more thought before the game started. In an innings limit league without QS, this one is actually an obvious sit.

In 'Wins' only leagues sure.