Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

Dexter

omg...that was f'in awesome!!

why do they end the show by mentioning "the dark defender series can be seen online"?? i know that was the name of one of the episodes, but why the mention b4 the credits?

??

'The Dark Defender' is a comic book style video series that can be watched on the showtime site. I haven't watched them, but I guess it would be a cartoon spin off based on the 'Dark Defender' character that was shown on that one episode.

Here: http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/season2/the...k_defender.html

And they would mention it because it brings more people to their online site, which would most likely mean more advertisement revenue, attracting people to the other shows they have available, getting more people to pay for Showtime, etc...

They would show this before the credits because the video series is based off of Dexter and more people would see it then if they placed it after the credits. When credits come up, people tend to change the channel or turn off the TV - therefore before the credits is better than after.

'The Dark Defender' is a comic book style video series that can be watched on the showtime site. I haven't watched them, but I guess it would be a cartoon spin off based on the 'Dark Defender' character that was shown on that one episode.

Here: http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/season2/the...k_defender.html

And they would mention it because it brings more people to their online site, which would most likely mean more advertisement revenue, attracting people to the other shows they have available, getting more people to pay for Showtime, etc...

They would show this before the credits because the video series is based off of Dexter and more people would see it then if they placed it after the credits. When credits come up, people tend to change the channel or turn off the TV - therefore before the credits is better than after.

thx

along with Californication

Did you know The Red Hot Chili Peppers are sueing them for using that name?

just trying to generate some early buzzs for tonights Dexter episode. now that the Jags game is over im ready for Dexter now. this weeks ep should be a good one. Dexter is walking a thin line and about to have to give some answers to questions he aint trying to hear.

wow, that was great.

question, are they booked for another season?

wow, that was great.

question, are they booked for another season?

no shyte that was great, right?

i hope it is gonna be back next season, i see now way it couldnt. it is showtimes top show and it is a story they could keep on keepin on. keepin my fingers crossed til i hear something for sure.

no shyte that was great, right?

i hope it is gonna be back next season, i see now way it couldnt. it is showtimes top show and it is a story they could keep on keepin on. keepin my fingers crossed til i hear something for sure.

i never thought a new great show would arise this quickly after the sopranos concluded.....

whats up with this sleeper move he puts on people.....can that really be done?

i never thought a new great show would arise this quickly after the sopranos concluded.....

i wasnt a Sopranos watcher, but i see no way Sopranos could be nearly as good as Dexter.

OMG just watched the show after i DVR'd it. sick episode. i knew doakes' body count would eventually catch up to him. (i think i mentioned that somewhere in this thread). why else would they show him blowing some dude away on a boat when it really had nothin to do with that particular storyline? they were just foreshadowing.

man, the whole episode up until tthe feds told dex about the slides was so tense. i thought there was no way he'd be able to wriggle out of that but he came through like he always does.

we were right to begin with, doakes is a goner. i just dont know why dex didnt kill him on the spot and dump him in the everglades. what is he waiting for? does doakes deserve it? no, but the number 1 rule is to not get caught.

what i found kinda unbelievable was how dex could take on an ex special forces cat while hes handcuffed.

-oh and about that sleeper hold, he usually has a syringe in hand to speed up the process.

-i dont think that was the season finale. they said after the show that there were 3 more episodes. hopefully i heard that right cuz i wont be lookin forward to sundays as much when the season's over.

Sick episode! I am rally getting hooked on it. I find it hard to believe to that Dex could take down Doakes, being a special forces guy, but whatever. Whats gonna happen with Lila too??? Dex said he couldn't kill her though...How is De going to explain getting shot in the leg too??? I can't wait till next week.

OMG just watched the show after i DVR'd it. sick episode. i knew doakes' body count would eventually catch up to him. (i think i mentioned that somewhere in this thread). why else would they show him blowing some dude away on a boat when it really had nothin to do with that particular storyline? they were just foreshadowing.

man, the whole episode up until tthe feds told dex about the slides was so tense. i thought there was no way he'd be able to wriggle out of that but he came through like he always does.

we were right to begin with, doakes is a goner. i just dont know why dex didnt kill him on the spot and dump him in the everglades. what is he waiting for? does doakes deserve it? no, but the number 1 rule is to not get caught.

what i found kinda unbelievable was how dex could take on an ex special forces cat while hes handcuffed.

-oh and about that sleeper hold, he usually has a syringe in hand to speed up the process.

-i dont think that was the season finale. they said after the show that there were 3 more episodes. hopefully i heard that right cuz i wont be lookin forward to sundays as much when the season's over.

i know its a move....my stepfather who is a retired cop showed me how its done...basically very dangerous, and can kill you. but it cuts off your air supply and puts you out.

no, not the finale....3 more to go. im just wondering if they are signed up for another season.....

Lila will go, there is no ?? in my mind about that...

Great episode last night, can't wait to see what happens the rest of the season.

And yes, Dexter is signed for a third season by Showtime. What can affect the third season though is the writer's strike that is going on. Depending on how this strike plays out, next season may not come for a long time and in a worse case scenario many scripted shows may be canceled as networks move towards 'reality' television. Hopefully both sides reach an agreement soon and we can go back to our regular television programming with shows not being affected too much.

Great episode last night, can't wait to see what happens the rest of the season.

And yes, Dexter is signed for a third season by Showtime. What can affect the third season though is the writer's strike that is going on. Depending on how this strike plays out, next season may not come for a long time and in a worse case scenario many scripted shows may be canceled as networks move towards 'reality' television. Hopefully both sides reach an agreement soon and we can go back to our regular television programming with shows not being affected too much.

thanx for the info. knowing that season 3 will happen really sets the table for a great end to season 2!!!

on a scale of 1-10, that episode was a 73....

i know its a move....my stepfather who is a retired cop showed me how its done...basically very dangerous, and can kill you. but it cuts off your air supply and puts you out.

no, not the finale....3 more to go. im just wondering if they are signed up for another season.....

Lila will go, there is no ?? in my mind about that...

Well the move you are talking about is more of a choke hold, and yes it can kill you. Doing that can cause damage to the trachea(air pipe) The real sleeper is also effective, and alot less dangerous when done right, but still dangerous when you don't know what you are doing. The sleeper has nothing to do with shutting the airway, but putting pressure on the carotid artery and cutting off the blood flow to the brain, hence depriving the brain of oxygen, resulting in unconsciousness. DO NOT TRY AT HOME!!! DO NOT DO THE MOVE!!! IT STILL ISN'T SAFE!!!

I believe this is the move Dex uses.

dang im starting to wonder (again) if doakes really is a dead man. the writers always seem to find a way to not go the obvious route, but i cant see any other way around him getting murked, especially since they showed scenes from the next episode where he escapes. he shouldve killed him when he had a chance. the whole episode he was trying to justify it by always referring to doakes' body count, but he was manipulated.

lila's a bitch yo...she needs to be put down, but does dex have just cause according to the code? i wonder if dex's attitude towards the code will change again after what he found out about his father.

cant believe there's only 2 episodes left. they shouldve made the finale a 2 hour super episode.

dang im starting to wonder (again) if doakes really is a dead man. the writers always seem to find a way to not go the obvious route, but i cant see any other way around him getting murked, especially since they showed scenes from the next episode where he escapes. he shouldve killed him when he had a chance. the whole episode he was trying to justify it by always referring to doakes' body count, but he was manipulated.

lila's a bitch yo...she needs to be put down, but does dex have just cause according to the code? i wonder if dex's attitude towards the code will change again after what he found out about his father.

cant believe there's only 2 episodes left. they shouldve made the finale a 2 hour super episode.

with doakes and lila, i think the "code" gets somewhat disregarded b/c of harrys suicide. dexter is going to really be in a tailspin mentally the next 2 weeks. Lila goes for sure imo, while doakes stays on for next year. it may take lila making some kind of attempt on rita and her children for dexter to end her. her lack of any family mentioned would suggest shes finished, perhaps in the finale.

i hope they air season one during the offseason....

with doakes and lila, i think the "code" gets somewhat disregarded b/c of harrys suicide. dexter is going to really be in a tailspin mentally the next 2 weeks. Lila goes for sure imo, while doakes stays on for next year. it may take lila making some kind of attempt on rita and her children for dexter to end her. her lack of any family mentioned would suggest shes finished, perhaps in the finale.

i hope they air season one during the offseason....

It would be too bad if lila went. I kinda liked seeing her tits.